Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What is the best way to induce an OBE?

xXlucid-dreamXx

I've tried inducing an out-of-body experience before, through meditation. The thing is, I have anxiety and it's really hard to clear my mind. It's almost impossible. I've tried inducing an experience while lying still and trying to clear my mind, but for some reason, it doesn't work too well. I want to learn good ways to clear my mind or a better technique to induce an out-of-body experience. Can I induce an out-of-body experience through a lucid dream?

Please help!

• Like 1

Hi x welcome to the boards.

Listen, saying its hard to meditate because of anxiety, is like a fat person saying its hard to go to the gym. If you cant relax your mind, then you need to be working extra hard at it. In the same way a fat person needs to spend more time at the gym then the normal guy. This will benefit you in more ways then just having OBE. It will change your brain patterns and basically give you a better more balanced POV in all you think about.

Sometime while not trying to project, you should try to put in 10 to 20 mins a day in meditation. People tend to think meditating means to have your brain in complete silence. But its much more then that. As the thoughts come to disrupt your silence let them come, then let them go. Just cause a thought comes into your head doesn't mean you have to follow it. And if you do end up following it, that's ok. Just come back to silence soon as possible. This process is exorcise for the brain to eventually have a quite mind when you wish it to be. Like in anything, the training is more important then the main event. Good luck kid.

Edited by preacherman76
  • Like 2

Oh there is also some good meditation music on youtube. Focusing on the music will help to keep your thoughts at bay. Use this as a tool during the day just for meditation, not for projecting. Dedicate 10 to 20 mins a day in like a 30 day challenge. It takes 21 days to break a habit. If you do this, I promise, you will see results, not only in ways you are looking for, but also in ways you never imagined. All very positive.

Ive found using a metronome while attempting to project helps quite the mind as well.

Edited by preacherman76

I've tried inducing an out-of-body experience before, through meditation. The thing is, I have anxiety and it's really hard to clear my mind. It's almost impossible. I've tried inducing an experience while lying still and trying to clear my mind, but for some reason, it doesn't work too well. I want to learn good ways to clear my mind or a better technique to induce an out-of-body experience. Can I induce an out-of-body experience through a lucid dream?

Please help!

Excellent advice from preacherman. The act of trying to figure out how to meditate is meditation. Sink or swim you gotta dive in. :)

Edited by White Crane Feather
  • Like 1