Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Enjoy Life

Ashley-Star*Child

God have us life and free will. Instead of worrying about satan, the anti-christ, 666 or whatever, how about just enjoying what God made?

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ashley-Star*Child

• RisenPrism

• muslim

• sbradj

Top Posters In This Topic

God have us life and free will. Instead of worrying about satan, the anti-christ, 666 or whatever, how about just enjoying what God made?

Are some worried about GOD? How many religions have a 'TOLL" for a ticket to Heaven. Yet God made religions. I wonder what religion I should be enjoying?

Why does belief in God need religion? Did Adam and Eve have a religion?

God only created one relegion, in different forms. He didnt create Judaism and Christianity and Islam. He just created one relegion which is to sumbit to Him and that was preached by all prophets since Adam till finally Mohammed in different forms and different laws which didnt contradict each other but exlained things better and in more detail. This is what the word Islam means, it means "surrendering your will to God", there was only one relegion preached, surrendering your will to God. Later on the people changed its name

I agree. Just enjoy it instead of worrying about it. Like I'm trying to do now. ^^;;

But I do agree we should enjoy life, and try to get closer as Asbrahamic relegions (Christians Muslims and Jews) and everyone else on the planet too ! =) :tu:

we have a saying in Arabic, "an hour for your heart, and an hour for your God".

Edited by muslim

I dont think that when we talk about the Antichrist and the Afterlife means that we are worrying about it

Its just an interest subject that we discuss about, and if its intresting you are enjoying it

Edited by Ichigo

Well, being a Buddhist, I believe that you can't truly enjoy life until you become enlightened; but not worrying about life is a nice idea for those who don't wish to suscribe to the Buddhist philosophy, and one that although many know, most don't consider very often.

A good point. And I'm sure that if we had a conference with Jesus, Buddha, Moses, Mohammed, and Vishnu- they'd all say that religion has evolved into something that really doesn't mean anything to them. Who wants to see people killed in their name?

A good point. And I'm sure that if we had a conference with Jesus, Buddha, Moses, Mohammed, and Vishnu- they'd all say that religion has evolved into something that really doesn't mean anything to them. Who wants to see people killed in their name?

It goes back to the question of, "Is it ok to sin if it is in the name of God or in a person's or group's benifit?"

It goes back to the question of, "Is it ok to sin if it is in the name of God or in a person's or group's benifit?"

isnt a sin a sin?

isnt a sin a sin?

exactly. You answered right. It doesn't matter if it's murder or pety theft. A sin is a sin. Problem is people will try and justify themselves or their actions this way. "Sure I stole a candy bar! So what? Its not like a killed anybody!" Is a good example of this. God weighs sin in whole not in moderation of the sin. The murderer is just as guilty as the smack talker and vice versa when it comes to sin.

I agree in that we are here to enjoy life not to suffer. I think the problem in this society, at least western culture, is that we are programed from early on to try and achieve great amounts of material possesions and that these posessions will somehow be a indicator of our success in life. I live in Southern California by the way, probably the Mecca of materialism. Trying to find god in this place and culture is not an easy task. I can understand how people could live an entire life here and never escape the fantasy world that has been created for them. I know that is a little of the point of your original post, but to some extent I think you could translate "satan" to mean all of those things that distract us from our natural inherent relationship with god.

Ya man, very true Star Child! Bang the drum, dance around the fire and get drunk as a skunk. Life is to enjoy what ever Gods you believe in.

God only created one relegion, in different forms. He didnt create Judaism and Christianity and Islam. He just created one relegion which is to sumbit to Him and that was preached by all prophets since Adam till finally Mohammed in different forms and different laws which didnt contradict each other but exlained things better and in more detail. This is what the word Islam means, it means "surrendering your will to God", there was only one relegion preached, surrendering your will to God. Later on the people changed its name

Muslim, you are just too funny. You take your self much to seriously.

I respect the core beliefs of Islam, just like the rest. On the other hand, your words would have more weight, or I would respect your propaganda even more if you actually converse with God directly, 300%, not just examples made by those dead people in your book. Are you not equal to the prophets, especially the way you carry on??? Aren't the prophets human beings? Or are they better than us? I want a living proof of this miraculous connection! I expect concrete results from you! Show the world these otherworldly goodies, not just words... And I don't want a lame excuse like "Do not test God," kind of thing. I would be your #1 fan.

Edited by dlv