Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

New Jersey Alien Sea Monster Goes Viral

Still Waters

A real-life "alien" sea monster was speared "somewhere in New Jersey" and a photo of it has gone viral through Reddit. What is it?

The photo, which doesn't explain who, what, where or why, simply shows an eel-like fish, with gaping, terrifying teeth, and a spear through its middle with someone's hand holding it up to the camera. The only details included were that it was caught "somewhere in New Jersey."

http://www.bubblews....oes-viral-photo

• Like 1

That looks like a certian body part.. Only found on men.... With teeth......

That's not right. :passifier:

Didn't know lamprey's got that big.

Edited by Coffey
  • Like 1

Like, omg, First it was Meteorites, now it's a viral alien sea monster. And the Pope resigns as well! How many more Portents can we take? :cry:

Dang it. I thought I had it figured out but I found it elsewhere and it had already been identified, a lamprey HERE

Even though it apparently has been identified there is something fake looking about it but who knows how long between killing it and the photo was taken.

That looks like a certian body part.. Only found on men.... With teeth......

That's not right. :passifier:

Didn't know lamprey's got that big.

Forced perspective,

• Like 1

Did that Snooki already have her kid?

Thats just wrong. That poor kid is gonna have a hard enough time no need to pile it on :devil:

Forced perspective,

Yeah must be. :tu:

optical-illusions-4.jpg

Here is another one of these KIND of photos.

• 1 month later...

I'd appreciate it if someone could post the actual photo from the OP. My library has banned the image from us apparently..

Interesting concept though when you think of Alien life. Alien life landing on Earth is usually associated with creatures coming here and landing on dry land. Seeing that two 3rds of the planet is water it would probably be far more attractive destination for an alien race that has evolved in water.

• Like 3

I can tell you now that that ***********er looks like a mutated penis :no: ... it probaly is a long eel that just is a different type of species.

I've seen this picture before. I'm pretty sure it was identified as nothing more than a sea lamprey.

Well, that's that I guess. Another day of debunking monsters.

Speaking of New Jersey, I wonder what the Jersey Devil's been up to.

WOW this planet is amazing

Lamprey. Lamprey are primitive parasitic jawless fishes. Instead of jaws like most vertebrates they have a suction disk for attaching to the side of a fish and the inside of their mouth has spike-like projections that they rasp a hole with to suck out blood and tissue. Must be awful for the fish. A swimmer in one of the great lakes had one of these try and attach itself to him, that would give anyone the willies. There were once many types of jawless fishes, now from what I recall only the lamprey and hagfish remain and the hagfish is no prize either.

This is what bothers me about the hunt for cryptids. The lamprey is a well known and well documented animal, yet is seems relatively few are familiar with it, to the point it becomes some "alien" monster (I suppose it is rather alien and a bit of a monster, but you get the drift). Point being that it is easy for the untrained to assume something new (to them) is something unknown to all. So while I cannot prove a universal negative and say 100% that monsters DO NOT exist, without a body or some decent DNA I will always be a bit skeptical.