Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 3 votes

Neurosurgeon Speaks On How Vaccines Harm

• Please log in to reply
251 replies to this topic

#241    Peter B

Peter B

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,446 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 01:44 PM

Apologies for resurrecting an old thread, but as this issue was mentioned earlier in this thread it seemed an appropriate place to mention it:

http://www.abc.net.a.../04/3937909.htm

Young women who get the human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccine don't see it as a license to have more sexual partners or forgo condoms, a new study confirms.

The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention calls for both girls and boys to be vaccinated against HPV, the sexually transmitted virus that causes cervical cancer.

Some parents and community groups have been concerned that the vaccine might promote risky sex.

But in the new study, even the small group of girls who misunderstood their risk of sexually transmitted infections (STIs) after getting vaccinated didn't change their behaviour as a result, researchers found.

"There are so many contributing factors to whether an adolescent decides to have sex or not, and whether they decide to limit their number of partners or use condoms," says Dr Jessica Kahn. "Getting a vaccine probably just plays a very, very small role in their decisions."

I was also interested by this:

...since the vaccine was released on the market [in Australia] in 2007, the rate of HPV infections has declined.

"We've already seen rates of infection go down by 77 per cent, while genital warts have almost disappeared in young women and men," she says.

In other words, clear health benefits.

#242    rodentraiser

rodentraiser

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 371 posts

• "Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing it, and then misapplying the wrong remedies."

from Wrong Planet Forums

Posted 07 February 2014 - 04:01 AM

I was just thinking, maybe the reason for autism is ultrasounds. Think about it. How many more women now are having ultrasounds than before? Think of how they work - and your fetus is getting blasted right through the skin.

Well, it's as good a reason as any. *shrugs*

Posted Image

I’m sick of voting for the lesser of two evils. The lesser of two evils is still evil. And almost always the lesser of two evils is our only choice.

We have been voting for the lesser of two evils for decade upon decade and look where it’s gotten us.     Coleman Luck

#243    RaptorBites

RaptorBites

Poltergeist

• 2,208 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 04:08 AM

View Postrodentraiser, on 07 February 2014 - 04:01 AM, said:

I was just thinking, maybe the reason for autism is ultrasounds. Think about it. How many more women now are having ultrasounds than before? Think of how they work - and your fetus is getting blasted right through the skin.

Well, it's as good a reason as any. *shrugs*

Maybe the reason is because advancements in detection shows an increasingly broader range of autism.

No, you surround yourself with a whole different kettle of crazy. - Sir Wearer of Hats

#244    stereologist

stereologist

Alien Abducter

• 5,034 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 05:25 AM

The definition has also changed. The changes allow for greater inclusion. It is also due to a better understanding of what autism is and the spectrum of symptoms it exhibits.

#245    ambelamba

ambelamba

Just an average guy who tries to be...NORMAL!!!!

• 3,403 posts

• It's good to be mildly skeptical to remain sane. But too much of it will make you a douche.

Posted 07 February 2014 - 06:39 AM

This doesn't happen in Asia. Maybe Asian physiology can handle vaccines better than Caucasians? I mean, there's no other way to explain why vaccination and autism connection was NEVER an issue in Asia.

They came with a Bible and their religion. stole our land, crushed our spirit, and now they tell us we should be thankful to the Lord for being saved.

-Chief Pontiac (1718-1769)

#246    DecoNoir

DecoNoir

The Entertainer

• 2,665 posts

• ... The Aristocrats.

Posted 07 February 2014 - 08:58 AM

View Postambelamba, on 07 February 2014 - 06:39 AM, said:

This doesn't happen in Asia. Maybe Asian physiology can handle vaccines better than Caucasians? I mean, there's no other way to explain why vaccination and autism connection was NEVER an issue in Asia.

Maybe you guys are better at shutting out quacks who spew that kind of nonsense. In the west we have the oh-so-lovely (absolutely terrible) habit of giving every idiot a soapbox to stand on, no matter how obviously unqualified they are.

I reject your reality, and substitute my own! Mostly because yours is boring as hell.

#247    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 7,347 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 11:54 AM

It was never an issue anywhere else either.

"For me, it is better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."
                                                                                                                                           - Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World:  Science as a Candle in the Dark

#248    ambelamba

ambelamba

Just an average guy who tries to be...NORMAL!!!!

• 3,403 posts

• It's good to be mildly skeptical to remain sane. But too much of it will make you a douche.

Posted 08 February 2014 - 09:00 AM

View PostDecoNoir, on 07 February 2014 - 08:58 AM, said:

Maybe you guys are better at shutting out quacks who spew that kind of nonsense. In the west we have the oh-so-lovely (absolutely terrible) habit of giving every idiot a soapbox to stand on, no matter how obviously unqualified they are.

Correct that to "snuffing out".

They came with a Bible and their religion. stole our land, crushed our spirit, and now they tell us we should be thankful to the Lord for being saved.

-Chief Pontiac (1718-1769)

#249    DecoNoir

DecoNoir

The Entertainer

• 2,665 posts

• ... The Aristocrats.

Posted 08 February 2014 - 09:02 AM

View Postambelamba, on 08 February 2014 - 09:00 AM, said:

Oy vey!

I reject your reality, and substitute my own! Mostly because yours is boring as hell.

#250    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,689 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 08 February 2014 - 09:30 AM

View Postambelamba, on 08 February 2014 - 09:00 AM, said:

We have our share of quacks and forms of "alternative" medicine, but I must admit they all give Western medicine due respect and don't try to undermine it and I can't recall anyone showing any fear of vaccines.

All babies nowadays go through a pretty lengthy routine of free vaccinations at various ages, and at least in the cities the local committeewoman keeps track and goes and talks to parents who haven't kept up.  I've never heard of anyone having any trouble over it though -- they just take it as a kindly reminder.  (Kinda like not putting out your Vietnamese flag on certain special days, although nowadays also putting out a Communist hammer and sickle has fallen by the wayside).

#251    aquatus1

aquatus1

Forum Divinity

• 20,068 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 11:34 AM

As a teacher in Japan, I will tell you right now that cognitive disorders are alive and well in this country.  The problem is that even today, the country is reluctant to accept the existence of such things as ADD.  I have to order my meds from out of the country, due to my drugs not being authorized for use to treat ADD.  One one occasion, I had to defend myself from a father when I told him his child was dyslexic.

#252    RaptorBites

RaptorBites

Poltergeist

• 2,208 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 06:17 PM

View Postaquatus1, on 08 February 2014 - 11:34 AM, said:

As a teacher in Japan, I will tell you right now that cognitive disorders are alive and well in this country.  The problem is that even today, the country is reluctant to accept the existence of such things as ADD.  I have to order my meds from out of the country, due to my drugs not being authorized for use to treat ADD.  One one occasion, I had to defend myself from a father when I told him his child was dyslexic.
I lived in Japan for 12 years in the mid 80's to late 90's.  A few of my Japanese friends at the time have said that a physical deformity, mental disorders are seen as a bad omen/punishment.  

Times may have changed a lot since the time I lived there, but back then it wasnt something a lot of families accepted as a normal thing.

No, you surround yourself with a whole different kettle of crazy. - Sir Wearer of Hats

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users