Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


* * * * * 2 votes

Pascagoula case


  • Please log in to reply
312 replies to this topic

#181    bee

bee

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 10,619 posts
  • Joined:24 Jan 2007
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:England

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:47 PM

View PostColonel Rhuairidh, on 03 April 2013 - 11:35 AM, said:

like, omg! is that what they were supposed to look like, or was that someone's over-imaginative imagination?


Hickson thinks they were a kind of robot....and the sticky out bits on the 'head' were antenna/aerials...


If you think about it..it would make sense to send a kind of examination pod...laboratory...small craft, and get 'robots' to do the work.


:)


.

Posted Image


#182    mcrom901

mcrom901

    plasmoid ninja

  • Member
  • 5,602 posts
  • Joined:29 Jan 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:multiverse

  • space debris, decided to evolve and become us!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:12 PM

View Postbee, on 03 April 2013 - 12:39 PM, said:

On closer inspection you will find that 242 Exhibition Street Melbourne is a Telstra Internet address.

http://www.gps-data-...lstra_Melbourne


I looked at .... whatismyipaddress (.com)....and clicked on 'IP look up'...on the blue strip at the top.

And this takes the IP address in question to The Gold Coast, Surfers Paradise, south of Brisbane.

thanks bee for the clarification, yes, that would be the location of the isp as it mentions a specific range... i double checked it on some 'ip locators' and i'm not sure to what extent it is accurate tho... using the site which you provided doesn't give me my location correctly, it was way off... anyways, from that site... http://whatismyipadd...cation-accuracy other ip locator sites place that ip in brisbane, for instance... http://www.geobytes.com/IpLocator.htm

eta... http://www.iplocation.net has carbrook

Edited by mcrom901, 03 April 2013 - 01:28 PM.


#183    bee

bee

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 10,619 posts
  • Joined:24 Jan 2007
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:England

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:33 PM

View Postmcrom901, on 03 April 2013 - 01:12 PM, said:

thanks bee for the clarification, yes, that would be the location of the isp as it mentions a specific range... i double checked it on some 'ip locators' and i'm not sure to what extent it is accurate tho... using the site which you provided doesn't give me my location correctly, it was way off... anyways, from that site... http://whatismyipadd...cation-accuracy other ip locator sites place that ip in brisbane, for instance... http://www.geobytes.com/IpLocator.htm

On that link you posted it puts me in Birmingham...which is about 16 miles away. So it looks like a nearby city can be used...without pinpointing

the exact location of any given IP address.


The Brisbane area....is enough for me....to back up what I said.

If someone tampers with facts on a Wiki Page...at a vital moment in an 'argument'... You have to ask what their game is.

And question their honesty/sincerity.

And that's a fact.... ^_^

Posted Image


#184    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

    Mainly Spherical in Shape

  • Member
  • 25,114 posts
  • Joined:09 May 2005
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:there

  • Vampires are people too.

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:51 PM

What's all this conspiracy theorising about tampering with Wiky the pedia stil? Are we still trying to argue that someone might have deliberately altered it in order to have their argument proved right? This seems to be getting almost as much of an obssession as certain people have with Walls.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.


:cat:


#185    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

    Mainly Spherical in Shape

  • Member
  • 25,114 posts
  • Joined:09 May 2005
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:there

  • Vampires are people too.

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:53 PM

View Postmcrom901, on 03 April 2013 - 01:12 PM, said:

thanks bee for the clarification, yes, that would be the location of the isp as it mentions a specific range... i double checked it on some 'ip locators' and i'm not sure to what extent it is accurate tho... using the site which you provided doesn't give me my location correctly, it was way off... anyways, from that site... http://whatismyipadd...cation-accuracy other ip locator sites place that ip in brisbane, for instance... http://www.geobytes.com/IpLocator.htm

eta... http://www.iplocation.net has carbrook
How are you supposed to find out the IP Address to enter into those?

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.


:cat:


#186    bee

bee

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 10,619 posts
  • Joined:24 Jan 2007
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:England

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:07 PM

View PostColonel Rhuairidh, on 03 April 2013 - 01:51 PM, said:

What's all this conspiracy theorising about tampering with Wiky the pedia stil? Are we still trying to argue that someone might have deliberately altered it in order to have their argument proved right? This seems to be getting almost as much of an obssession as certain people have with Walls.

I've said all I need to say....unless 'someone' puts me in a position where I have to come back to it...



View PostColonel Rhuairidh, on 03 April 2013 - 01:53 PM, said:

How are you supposed to find out the IP Address to enter into those?


keep up Colonel....go back and read some of the previous posts.

It's all about the size of the 'craft' and how it is important to some...to keep it as small as possible.


Apparently size DOES matter.... :rofl:


.

Posted Image


#187    mcrom901

mcrom901

    plasmoid ninja

  • Member
  • 5,602 posts
  • Joined:29 Jan 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:multiverse

  • space debris, decided to evolve and become us!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:09 PM

View Postbee, on 03 April 2013 - 01:33 PM, said:

On that link you posted it puts me in Birmingham...which is about 16 miles away. So it looks like a nearby city can be used...without pinpointing

the exact location of any given IP address.

the last link from my ^^ edit says...

3. How accurate is IP-based Geolocation?


Accuracy of geolocation database varies depending on which database you use. For IP-to-country database, some vendors claim to offer 98% to 99% accuracy although typical Ip2Country database accuracy is more like 95%. For IP-to-Region (or City), accracy range anywhere from 50% to 75% if neighboring cities are treated as correct. Considering that there is no official source of IP-to-Region information, 50+% accuracy is pretty good.



View Postbee, on 03 April 2013 - 01:33 PM, said:

The Brisbane area....is enough for me....to back up what I said.

If someone tampers with facts on a Wiki Page...at a vital moment in an 'argument'... You have to ask what their game is.

And question their honesty/sincerity.

And that's a fact.... ^_^

i can only say that wiki is not a reliable source, unless one checks the given references... so it doesn't matter what wiki says, it's not the deciding factor in a debate as to what is actually accurate, that's just my 2c... :)


#188    mcrom901

mcrom901

    plasmoid ninja

  • Member
  • 5,602 posts
  • Joined:29 Jan 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:multiverse

  • space debris, decided to evolve and become us!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:16 PM

View PostColonel Rhuairidh, on 03 April 2013 - 01:53 PM, said:

How are you supposed to find out the IP Address to enter into those?

if you don't register on wiki and edit pages the ip address gets registered as a reference, in this case... http://en.wikipedia....&action=history


#189    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

    Mainly Spherical in Shape

  • Member
  • 25,114 posts
  • Joined:09 May 2005
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:there

  • Vampires are people too.

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:19 PM

View Postbee, on 03 April 2013 - 02:07 PM, said:

I've said all I need to say....unless 'someone' puts me in a position where I have to come back to it...






keep up Colonel....go back and read some of the previous posts.

It's all about the size of the 'craft' and how it is important to some...to keep it as small as possible.


Apparently size DOES matter.... :rofl:


.
I know what the argument's about, but i'm afraid it really is straying well into paranoia to try to suggest that people may have deliberately altered something purely in order to have their argument proved right on an Inter net forum. That's as paranoid as accusing people of setting up duplicate accounts to pretend that there's support for their arguments in threads about Ancient Aliens, for instance.

Edited by Colonel Rhuairidh, 03 April 2013 - 02:23 PM.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.


:cat:


#190    bee

bee

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 10,619 posts
  • Joined:24 Jan 2007
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:England

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:21 PM

View Postmcrom901, on 03 April 2013 - 02:09 PM, said:

i can only say that wiki is not a reliable source, unless one checks the given references... so it doesn't matter what wiki says, it's not the deciding factor in a debate as to what is actually accurate, that's just my 2c... :)

tell that to the someone who went to the trouble to make the timely edit....not me.

But it is a salutary warning that Wiki is on the front line for information AND disinformation on the internet.

Posted Image


#191    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

    Mainly Spherical in Shape

  • Member
  • 25,114 posts
  • Joined:09 May 2005
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:there

  • Vampires are people too.

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:22 PM

View Postmcrom901, on 03 April 2013 - 02:16 PM, said:


if you don't register on wiki and edit pages the ip address gets registered as a reference, in this case... http://en.wikipedia....&action=history
How do those ISP Locator things work, I mean?

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.


:cat:


#192    bee

bee

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 10,619 posts
  • Joined:24 Jan 2007
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:England

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:38 PM

View PostColonel Rhuairidh, on 03 April 2013 - 02:22 PM, said:

How do those ISP Locator things work, I mean?

google is your friend....lazy bones... :D

.

Posted Image


#193    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

    Mainly Spherical in Shape

  • Member
  • 25,114 posts
  • Joined:09 May 2005
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:there

  • Vampires are people too.

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:44 PM

God, i hate the phrase "Google is your friend". Google is not actually my friend, it's a gigantic American owned mega-corporation that crushes competition through its sheer size, and has appallingly poor customer service to users of, for example, its Youtube subsidiary. I'll try to ask again, but I don't suppose I'll be likely to get any sensible answer: how do these ISP locator things work, please?

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.


:cat:


#194    bee

bee

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 10,619 posts
  • Joined:24 Jan 2007
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:England

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:53 PM

View PostColonel Rhuairidh, on 03 April 2013 - 02:44 PM, said:

God, i hate the phrase "Google is your friend". Google is not actually my friend, it's a gigantic American owned mega-corporation that crushes competition through its sheer size, and has appallingly poor customer service to users of, for example, its Youtube subsidiary. I'll try to ask again, but I don't suppose I'll be likely to get any sensible answer: how do these ISP locator things work, please?

why do you want to know?

and please feel free to use any search engine of your choice.... :innocent:

.

Posted Image


#195    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

    Mainly Spherical in Shape

  • Member
  • 25,114 posts
  • Joined:09 May 2005
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:there

  • Vampires are people too.

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:19 PM

View Postbee, on 03 April 2013 - 02:53 PM, said:

why do you want to know?

and please feel free to use any search engine of your choice.... :innocent:

.
oh forget it, you're just messing about.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.


:cat:





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users