Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Göbekli Tepe-10 000 BC

• Please log in to reply
297 replies to this topic

#196    crystal sage

crystal sage

Telekinetic

• 7,369 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:55 AM

Just found this online... maybe a new way to explore this site ?

#197    crystal sage

crystal sage

Telekinetic

• 7,369 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:35 AM

Evidence of a  meteorite storm 12,000 years ago    an explanation for the burial of Gobleki Tepe of why the people may have gone underground... the cause of the great floods... the coming  ice age ?  ... http://www.dailymail...vilisation.html

#198    Harsh86_Patel

Harsh86_Patel

Psychic Spy

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,306 posts

• If you stare into the abyss,the abyss stares back into you

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:33 AM

I believe it to be a hunters hall,were venerated hunters were honoured. Agriculturist must have buried the monument.

#199    TheSearcher

TheSearcher

Coffee expert extraordinair

• 3,845 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:40 PM

View PostHarsh86_Patel, on 08 February 2013 - 10:33 AM, said:

I believe it to be a hunters hall,were venerated hunters were honoured. Agriculturist must have buried the monument.

What on earth is an agriculturist and why pray tell would they do this?

It is only the ignorant who despise education.
Publilius Syrus.

So god made me an atheist. Who are you to question his wisdom?!

#200    lightly

lightly

metaphysical therapist

• 6,066 posts

• "The future ain't what it used to be"
    Yogi Berra

Posted 09 February 2013 - 05:28 PM

..someone earlier brought up  Cain (the farmer/agriculturalist)   Killing , his brother, Able,  the shepherd/hunter  ... and how that story might be based on an agricultural people conquering that area... Much earlier .    . .  ? Just thought that was an interesting and plausible idea?

Important:  The above may contain errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and other limitations.

#201    The Puzzler

The Puzzler

Forum Divinity

• 10,659 posts

• I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious. ~ Einstein

Posted 10 February 2013 - 05:25 AM

View Postcrystal sage, on 23 January 2013 - 08:35 AM, said:

Evidence of a  meteorite storm 12,000 years ago an explanation for the burial of Gobleki Tepe of why the people may have gone underground... the cause of the great floods... the coming  ice age ?  ... http://www.dailymail...vilisation.html
An interesting article cs, thanks. Robert Schoch says the most likely explanation, rather than meteors, is a huge solar burst, which had a similar heat impact on the Earth and bought the cataclysmic changes.

He also says 4 of the 'enclosures' align to Orion, Taurus and the Pleiades but also that the builders at Gobelki Tepe realigned them over time, noting the change in precession.

In an mmm bop it's gone...

#202    Harsh86_Patel

Harsh86_Patel

Psychic Spy

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,306 posts

• If you stare into the abyss,the abyss stares back into you

Posted 11 February 2013 - 06:33 AM

View PostTheSearcher, on 08 February 2013 - 01:40 PM, said:

What on earth is an agriculturist and why pray tell would they do this?
There are two reasons why i feel this way about Gobekli Tepe-
1.Recent findings push the date of the indus valley civilization well beyond 7000 B.C. .Their patron God was Pashupatinath (a deity said to have been later transformed into Shiva).
Posted Image

He was the god of the Hunt and Animals in general.This makes me feel there may be a link between the people who built Gobekli Tepe and the Ancients of Indus valley.Gobekli tepe could have been a sort of shrine or temple to the great god of the hunt. Distance between Indus Valley civilization and Gobekli Tepe by a land route is approx 2500 miles.
Other then IVC there are very few candidates for a cultured people who could have somewhat been contemporary with the Gobekli Tepe Monuments in terms of Age.

2.Shift from hunting to agriculture and blockage of the travelling route could have been the reason for the back filling of the revered site.

#203    TheSearcher

TheSearcher

Coffee expert extraordinair

• 3,845 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:57 AM

View PostHarsh86_Patel, on 11 February 2013 - 06:33 AM, said:

There are two reasons why i feel this way about Gobekli Tepe-
1.Recent findings push the date of the indus valley civilization well beyond 7000 B.C. .Their patron God was Pashupatinath (a deity said to have been later transformed into Shiva).
Posted Image

He was the god of the Hunt and Animals in general.This makes me feel there may be a link between the people who built Gobekli Tepe and the Ancients of Indus valley.Gobekli tepe could have been a sort of shrine or temple to the great god of the hunt. Distance between Indus Valley civilization and Gobekli Tepe by a land route is approx 2500 miles.
Other then IVC there are very few candidates for a cultured people who could have somewhat been contemporary with the Gobekli Tepe Monuments in terms of Age.

2.Shift from hunting to agriculture and blockage of the travelling route could have been the reason for the back filling of the revered site.

Could you source the recent finding about the indus Valley culture? I hadn't heard about this before, other then of fringe authors and they usually overshoot it by 10.000 years at least.

But your premise will only work, if you can establish a link between the two and if the indus valley civilization did indeed start earlier than 7000 B.C. So far it's only a "maybe" in my opinion.

It is only the ignorant who despise education.
Publilius Syrus.

So god made me an atheist. Who are you to question his wisdom?!

#204    cormac mac airt

cormac mac airt

Telekinetic

• 7,633 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 06:40 PM

View PostTheSearcher, on 11 February 2013 - 08:57 AM, said:

Could you source the recent finding about the indus Valley culture? I hadn't heard about this before, other then of fringe authors and they usually overshoot it by 10.000 years at least.

But your premise will only work, if you can establish a link between the two and if the indus valley civilization did indeed start earlier than 7000 B.C. So far it's only a "maybe" in my opinion.

“On the basis of radio-metric dates from Bhirrana (Haryana), the cultural remains of the pre-early Harappan horizon go back to 7380 BC to 6201 BC.”

http://www.hindustan...le1-954601.aspx

Searcher, the writer had to take great liberties as to what constitutes a "civilization" to have made such a claim. The bold portion above was the beginning of what was to become the IVC and not the age of the civilization as a whole. The claim to pushing back the date of civilization here is about as meaningless as claiming the date of Nabta Playa means that the Egytian Civilization dates to c.9000 BC.

cormac

The city and citizens, which you yesterday described to us in fiction, we will now transfer to the world of reality. It shall be the ancient city of Athens, and we will suppose that the citizens whom you imagined, were our veritable ancestors, of whom the priest spoke; they will perfectly harmonise, and there will be no inconsistency in saying that the citizens of your republic are these ancient Athenians. --  Plato's Timaeus

#205    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 06:46 PM

View Postcormac mac airt, on 11 February 2013 - 06:40 PM, said:

...means that the Egytian Civilization dates to c.9000 BC.

cormac

Some Egyptologists claim that AE civilization is even older. And that is legacy not development.

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.
For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy..."

#206    cormac mac airt

cormac mac airt

Telekinetic

• 7,633 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:11 PM

View Postthe L, on 11 February 2013 - 06:46 PM, said:

Some Egyptologists claim that AE civilization is even older. And that is legacy not development.

And which Egyptologists would that be and how much older, since AE civilization as such only starts with the development of writing and unification around 3100/3200 BC?

BTW, a "precursor" to a civilization is not the same as the civilization itself.

cormac

The city and citizens, which you yesterday described to us in fiction, we will now transfer to the world of reality. It shall be the ancient city of Athens, and we will suppose that the citizens whom you imagined, were our veritable ancestors, of whom the priest spoke; they will perfectly harmonise, and there will be no inconsistency in saying that the citizens of your republic are these ancient Athenians. --  Plato's Timaeus

#207    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:26 PM

John Anthony West. As he said, quote:
"Egyptian civilization was not a 'development', it was a legacy."

His said 36 000 BC while Schoch belives around 6000/7000 BC.

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.

#208    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,110 posts
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

• God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:38 PM

View Postcrystal sage, on 23 January 2013 - 08:35 AM, said:

Evidence of a  meteorite storm 12,000 years ago an explanation for the burial of Gobleki Tepe of why the people may have gone underground... the cause of the great floods... the coming  ice age ?  ... http://www.dailymail...vilisation.html

I think you mean a possible impact around 12,900 BP. It's a disputed theory based on finds that are also being heavily discussed, but true or not, it is still almost 2000 years before the Göbekli Tepe structure was buried.

+++

EDIT:

Even your article says:

‘The presence of a thick charcoal layer in the ancient village in Syria indicates a major fire associated with the melt-glass and impact spherules 12,900 years ago,’ he continued.

Edited by Abramelin, 11 February 2013 - 07:40 PM.

#209    cormac mac airt

cormac mac airt

Telekinetic

• 7,633 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:44 PM

View Postthe L, on 11 February 2013 - 07:26 PM, said:

John Anthony West. As he said, quote:
"Egyptian civilization was not a 'development', it was a legacy."

His said 36 000 BC while Schoch belives around 6000/7000 BC.

And where and when did he receive his Doctorate?

cormac

#210    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:50 PM

View Postcormac mac airt, on 11 February 2013 - 07:44 PM, said:

And where and when did he receive his Doctorate?

cormac

He didnt? As I remember when I read Serpent in the sky I think that there I read that he was Egyptologist. Also right now Im on movie 2 of 8 serial Magical Egypt. I dont know did you wtach it but J.A. West has some interesting views and points.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users