Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Is a human head transplant possible ?

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#31    Zaphod222

Zaphod222

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,594 posts

• When the gods wish to punish us, they answer our prayers.
    (Oscar Wilde)

Posted 03 July 2013 - 10:25 AM

View PostLikely Guy, on 03 July 2013 - 02:18 AM, said:

It's not a story, it's called 'China'.

http://en.wikipedia....public_of_China

The KLA islamist thugs did that too with Serbian victims.
Unsurprisingly, the US (under Clinton) supported them, too.

Talk about consistently supporting the wrong group of people...

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." (Salman Rushdie)

#32    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 29,094 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 10:46 AM

View PostZaphod222, on 03 July 2013 - 10:23 AM, said:

Danielost:

So if someone is on a mechanical heart, they have no emotions?

It takes a religionist to believe nonsense like that.

And yet some people who get heart transplants have habits that the doner had but the receiver didn't have including smoking.  I also believe that artifacial hearts are temps.

Edited by danielost, 03 July 2013 - 10:48 AM.

I am a mormon.  If I don't use mormons believe, those my beliefs only.
I do not go to church haven't for thirty years.
There are other mormons on this site. So if I have misspoken about the beliefs. I welcome their input.
I am not perfect and never will be. I do strive to be true to myself. I do my best to stay true to the mormon faith. Thank for careing and if you don't peace be with you.

#33    Lex540

Lex540

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 57 posts

• I am unique and distinct

Posted 03 July 2013 - 10:48 AM

impossible a wizard knows not a word but i will give you the benefit of the doubt

#34    kannin

kannin

Punisher of the wicked

• 1,765 posts

• the secret to change is to focus all of your energy,not fighting the old, but building the new

Posted 03 July 2013 - 11:48 PM

this is just something to wierd and complex to be tampering with it

#35    DKO

DKO

Ω is Futile.

• 1,830 posts

• When you hear hoofbeats behind you, don't expect to see a zebra - Unless you're in Africa...

Posted 05 July 2013 - 04:32 PM

I've always thought how weird it would be to get a hand transplant and have to look at this other persons hand attached to you. Then being able to move it would be even creepier. But awesome as well. It's great we can do these sort of procedures nowadays.

But then to have a new body attached to your head would be a whole new level. The worst part would have to be that one part of the body that I think most guys would feel creeped out by. I don't mean to be crude but imagine looking down at someone else's parts there. :no:

:w00t:

But I guess if I was in a car crash or something and my body was crushed and I had the option to transplant my head onto a working body, then I think I would. I don't want to die. But where would this healthy body with no head come from? People usually don't die with a healthy body, unless the rare chance the head is only damaged.

Edited by DKO, 05 July 2013 - 04:36 PM.

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe it. - Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Confucius Says:

Man who runs behind car gets exhausted.

Man who wants pretty nurse must be patient.

#36    d e v i c e

d e v i c e

Ambassador of Fear

• 1,747 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 02:44 AM

I'm yet to see a reattached human arm function normally yet. What to say of a head! Good luck to them, I guess.

#37    Mikko-kun

Mikko-kun

New life

• 1,439 posts

• Observation, individual resourcefulness... what would we be without them?

Posted 06 July 2013 - 09:22 PM

If you could get rich by first building up a healthy strong body and then selling it to a hefty price and donating money to whoever is your reincarnation, even if it ment the body removal operation would kill you... if all that was possible, would you still do it to be rich in the next life?

I've been born again 31,8,2014 approximately 21:35 local time. A moment free of clutter in the mind, emancipating myself like an escapist, allowing myself to breathe life in a stronger, less physical level... though it does resonate to physical world. It's the oomph.

#38    Whatsinausername

Whatsinausername

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 177 posts

• My God's not dead he's surely alive.

Posted 07 July 2013 - 10:00 AM

View PostDKO, on 05 July 2013 - 04:32 PM, said:

I've always thought how weird it would be to get a hand transplant and have to look at this other persons hand attached to you. Then being able to move it would be even creepier. But awesome as well. It's great we can do these sort of procedures nowadays.

But then to have a new body attached to your head would be a whole new level. The worst part would have to be that one part of the body that I think most guys would feel creeped out by. I don't mean to be crude but imagine looking down at someone else's parts there. :no:

:w00t:

Also, if you wanted to have kids, biologically speaking they wouldnt be your kids.

#39    DKO

DKO

Ω is Futile.

• 1,830 posts

• When you hear hoofbeats behind you, don't expect to see a zebra - Unless you're in Africa...

Posted 07 July 2013 - 11:13 AM

View PostWhatsinausername, on 07 July 2013 - 10:00 AM, said:

Also, if you wanted to have kids, biologically speaking they wouldnt be your kids.

Yes another good point.

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe it. - Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Confucius Says:

Man who runs behind car gets exhausted.

Man who wants pretty nurse must be patient.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users