Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Canadian Arctic Glacier Melt

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,084 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 13 March 2013 - 12:25 AM

Mar. 12, 2013 — Ongoing glacier loss in the Canadian high Arctic is accelerating and probably irreversible, new model projections by Lenaerts et al. suggest. The Canadian high Arctic is home to the largest clustering of glacier ice outside of Greenland and Antarctica -- 146,000 square kilometers (about 60,000 square miles) of glacier ice spread across 36,000 islands.

Canadian Arctic Glacier Melt Accelerating, Irreversible, Projections Suggest

Its a shame that this may be irreversible.  A lot of wild life depend on conditions remaining relatively the same.

#2    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Telekinetic

• 7,317 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 01:55 PM

Climate change is incessant, though the rate might change.

Whether mankind has contributed to it is the big question.

#3    Br Cornelius

Br Cornelius

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,694 posts

• Stupid Monkeys.

Life Sucks.
    Get over it.

Posted 13 March 2013 - 02:32 PM

View PostBabe Ruth, on 13 March 2013 - 01:55 PM, said:

Climate change is incessant, though the rate might change.

Whether mankind has contributed to it is the big question.
Not really.

Br Cornelius

I believe nothing, but I have my suspicions.

Robert Anton Wilson

#4    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,084 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 14 March 2013 - 02:00 AM

I don't think there is any question about mans involvement.

#5    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Telekinetic

• 7,317 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 02:25 PM

It seems to me that man's contribution to the phenomenon cannot be denied, but I am no authority.

It is interesting that from our observations it seems that similar processes are at play on other planets in our solar system.

#6    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 10,377 posts

• I dunno --

Posted 16 March 2013 - 03:06 PM

View PostBabe Ruth, on 16 March 2013 - 02:25 PM, said:

It seems to me that man's contribution to the phenomenon cannot be denied, but I am no authority.

It is interesting that from our observations it seems that similar processes are at play on other planets in our solar system.
What other planets?  This is news to me.

#7    Raptor Witness

Raptor Witness

Savant

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,097 posts

• ראה

Posted 16 March 2013 - 05:42 PM

The earth is not a slave to be whipped and beaten by a master. She will grab the whip and pull us into the flames.

Posted Image "In the last days perilous times will come, for men shall have a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof."
2 Tim 3

#8    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Telekinetic

• 7,317 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 07:29 PM

View PostFrank Merton, on 16 March 2013 - 03:06 PM, said:

What other planets?  This is news to me.

Just finished a terrific book, The Source Field Investigations.  Can't remember the author at this moment, just published in 2012.

An amazing book and long.  At the end as he is attempting to tie it all up he cites NASA data and others who regularly visually monitor planets, and over the last several decades, which is all the data that there is I guess, those observations suggest significant atmospheric change going on.  Several planets as I recall.

So, it appears that the entire solar system is undergoing similar change to what we are? :-*

David Wilcock was his name.

Edited by Babe Ruth, 16 March 2013 - 07:30 PM.

#9    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 10,377 posts

• I dunno --

Posted 17 March 2013 - 06:21 AM

This would imply something going on either with the sun (for which I know of no evidence from solar observation) or in the solar system environment (what that might be I can't imagine).

My inclination then is to dismiss it; such observations may be accurate but not mean anything beyond that planets sometimes experience changes.

#10    Br Cornelius

Br Cornelius

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,694 posts

• Stupid Monkeys.

Life Sucks.
    Get over it.

Posted 17 March 2013 - 12:29 PM

View PostBabe Ruth, on 16 March 2013 - 07:29 PM, said:

Just finished a terrific book, The Source Field Investigations.  Can't remember the author at this moment, just published in 2012.

An amazing book and long.  At the end as he is attempting to tie it all up he cites NASA data and others who regularly visually monitor planets, and over the last several decades, which is all the data that there is I guess, those observations suggest significant atmospheric change going on.  Several planets as I recall.

So, it appears that the entire solar system is undergoing similar change to what we are? :-*

David Wilcock was his name.
To try to draw any conclusions about the solar system from dataset's which are less than a century long (many less than a decade) is ridiculous and would not be tolerated if it was attempted in terrestrial climatology. What would have to be shown is that climate change is happening in all parts of the solar system in ways which cannot be correlated to normal planetary seasonal effects. Then you would have to establish the actual mechanism.

Br Cornelius

Robert Anton Wilson

#11    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Telekinetic

• 7,317 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 12:39 PM

All the data means is that change is constant.  Not just on this planet, but on the others too.  Nothing really profound there.

#12    Br Cornelius

Br Cornelius

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,694 posts

• Stupid Monkeys.

Life Sucks.
    Get over it.

Posted 17 March 2013 - 01:15 PM

View PostBabe Ruth, on 17 March 2013 - 12:39 PM, said:

All the data means is that change is constant.  Not just on this planet, but on the others too.  Nothing really profound there.
All change has a driver - the whole thing of climate science is to identify the drivers and there relative contributions.
When you have accounted for the natural drivers which have caused most historic climate change - you have to account for the residual and that is where mans effects on the planetary system come in.

Br Cornelius

Robert Anton Wilson

#13    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Telekinetic

• 7,317 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 08:33 PM

Agreed, and I wonder if there are drivers that man is not aware of?

#14    Raptor Witness

Raptor Witness

Savant

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,097 posts

• ראה

Posted 19 March 2013 - 06:45 AM

View PostRaptor Witness, on 16 March 2013 - 05:42 PM, said:

The earth is not a slave to be whipped and beaten by a master. She will grab the whip and pull us into the flames.

Posted Image "In the last days perilous times will come, for men shall have a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof."
2 Tim 3

#15    Aus Der Box Skeptisch

Aus Der Box Skeptisch

apologist by opinion

• 2,763 posts
  • Location:arizona (originally the wisconsin/minnesota area eh!)

• Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned. ―Siddhārtha Gautama

Posted 19 March 2013 - 07:03 AM

Antarctica is gaining ice while the arctic is losing it. Feels more like a cycle to me. Could man influence climate? Sure. Do I think its enough to throw the earth into a premature cycle? No I don't think so. Not enough data. Do I think we are polluting the air quality. Yes I do. But any catastrophic climatic change may simply be a natural cycle. We are at the end of an ice age. Ice will recede. I'm still reading up to see if something convinces me otherwise but I'm just not entirely convinced yet. Besides from what a meteorologist friend of mine said is that if we change the climate in the way its being suggested we would actually see a new ice age start encroaching.  The world would balance itself out again. I don't have all the answers though not even close... :)

Edited by Aus Der Box Skeptisch, 19 March 2013 - 07:45 AM.

"Though I stand in opposition to you, I am not opposed to you. Night and Day stand in opposition to each other, but they are not opposed to each other -they are merely two halves of the same coin."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users