Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

1,100 Green Berets Signed for

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#16    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,943 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:00 PM

View PostLady Kasey, on 30 January 2013 - 09:28 PM, said:

I guess I am incredibly dishonest. Thanks for clearing that up.
Anytime!  But the statement was accurate.  There is a solid group of citizens who would love nothing better than to have all firearms removed from the public so that they can feel safer.  Frankly, I'd accept a Columbine every week until the left get the idea that guns aren't the real problem - just a manifestation of a sickness that is caused by human nature run amok.  We have to be completely free to indulge in whatever perversion or dishonesty we want but when others want a means of self defense from those who are exercising their "freedoms" then we are to blame.  That's a load of garbage and I ain't buyin' today.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#17    green_dude777

green_dude777

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts

• When you look back in life, you don't regret what you did, you regret what you never attempted.

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:50 PM

View Postand then, on 30 January 2013 - 10:00 PM, said:

Anytime!  But the statement was accurate.  There is a solid group of citizens who would love nothing better than to have all firearms removed from the public so that they can feel safer.  Frankly, I'd accept a Columbine every week until the left get the idea that guns aren't the real problem - just a manifestation of a sickness that is caused by human nature run amok.  We have to be completely free to indulge in whatever perversion or dishonesty we want but when others want a means of self defense from those who are exercising their "freedoms" then we are to blame.  That's a load of garbage and I ain't buyin' today.

It's radical sentiments like this that prevent any productive dialogue between the two sides.  Despite myself being against gun bans, I cannot side with someone who thinks a statement like this is appropriate.

#18    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 11,047 posts

• "dirt collects at the interfaces"

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:56 AM

ooooo 1100 people out of what 300 million.... there's a majority for ya

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

#19    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,548 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:49 AM

View Postninjadude, on 31 January 2013 - 12:56 AM, said:

Those 1100 guys deserve more respect than a trolling comment. They're Green Berets. Also they represent the ideals and views of millions and millions and millions of Americans. Above all they represent their sworn duty to protect constitution.
I know all bad words for you... Military, soldiers, constitution, protect the constitution.

Posted Image

#20    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:12 AM

shame on you.

#21    aztek

aztek

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,091 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:38 PM

View Postninjadude, on 31 January 2013 - 12:56 AM, said:

correction, 1100ppl that mater

RESIDENT TROLL.

#22    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,511 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:39 PM

Excellent letter and analysis by Team Sergeant!  It's good to hear them speak out.

All the hullabaloo about absurdly defined "assault rifle" is crazy.  It seems they are suggesting that modern weapons are just too dangerous, and we should go back to black powder muzzle loaders.  Rather like we should go back to horse and carriage, because modern cars are too dangerous.

With the testimony of Gabby Giffords yesterday, it appears the push is on.

#23    Jessica Christ

Jessica Christ

jeanne d'arc, je te suivrai

• 3,609 posts

• It seems so important now but you will get over.

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:01 PM

Gun control is going to sail through because this time the parents are demanding it.

1,100 Green Berets are no match for concerned parents/

#24    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,548 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:10 PM

Really? Because there are lots of parents who's opinion differ. Reasonable opinions on gun control doesn't mean any and all restrictions set forth by a reactionary political agenda will be accepted by all.

Posted Image

#25    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:19 PM

Gun control is going to sail through because this time the parents are demanding it.

No Obumma wants, Frankenstein wants it. Cummer wants it. They just pick and choose there soft targets to show the oh poor me look at what the big bad scary wolf is doing to us attitude.

Those arent parents. IMO there traitors to the millions of men and women that have died fighting for this country and the very freedom to get up and say there opinion..

#26    Corp

Corp

Telekinetic

• 6,951 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:51 PM

Last I checked Obama was a parent. And I'm sure more than three people wants some gun control otherwise it would be dead in the water. I'm sure some of those people are even parents...and others might even be soldiers.

Now do all parents want gun control? Of course not. But saying that only three people want it and that they're traitors is just as silly.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth a war, is much worse...A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

#27    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 11,047 posts

• "dirt collects at the interfaces"

Posted 01 February 2013 - 03:17 AM

View Post-Mr_Fess-, on 31 January 2013 - 02:49 AM, said:

Those 1100 guys deserve more respect than a trolling comment.

Sorry their opinion carries no more weight than mine. It has nothing to do with respect.

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

#28    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,548 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 03:46 AM

View Postninjadude, on 01 February 2013 - 03:17 AM, said:

Sorry their opinion carries no more weight than mine. It has nothing to do with respect.

Green Beret or green turtle? Hmm... Nope, you're outweighed.

Posted Image

#29    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 03:53 AM

what do you know about respect ?

re·spect  (rPosted Image-spPosted ImagektPosted Image)
tr.v. re·spect·ed, re·spect·ing, re·spects
1. To feel or show deferential regard for; esteem.
2. To avoid violation of or interference with: respect the speed limit.
3. To relate or refer to; concern.
n.
1. A feeling of appreciative, often deferential regard; esteem. See Synonyms at regard.
2. The state of being regarded with honor or esteem.
3. Willingness to show consideration or appreciation.
4. respects Polite expressions of consideration or deference: pay one's respects.
5. A particular aspect, feature, or detail: In many respects this is an important decision.
6. Usage Problem Relation; reference. See Usage Note at regard.
[From Middle English, regard, from Old French, from Latin respectus, from past participle of respicere, to look back at, regard : re-, re- + specere, to look at; see  spek- in Indo-European roots.]

#30    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,511 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:10 PM

View Postninjadude, on 01 February 2013 - 03:17 AM, said:

You know, there is such a thing as informed opinion versus UNinformed opinion.  Further, there is such a thing as opinion founded upon emotion versus opinion founded upon rational examination.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users