Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * - - - 4 votes

UFO-SkINNY BOB Roswell alien fake or real?

• Please log in to reply
114 replies to this topic

#31    MysteryX

MysteryX

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 141 posts

• Fail to plan plan to fail.

Posted 20 April 2012 - 12:15 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 19 April 2012 - 11:13 PM, said:

Actually, if you reread my post, you will see I never said any one of those things. This is the professional opinion of  Leanne Jones (Producer with the British Youth Film Academy), Dave Hughes (BSc Digital Film and 3D Animation), and Richard Allan (Post Production Instructor at Staffordshire University). I do not see how your experience trumps theirs, and you have not offerred a single expert who has offered a public opinion to the contrary. In any case, what I had pointed at was your claim than experts in the field say it cannot be done. That as we can see is wrong.

Your opinion is that is not CGI, and again, I do not care what a moderator says unless they can prove better experience than the abovementioned Leanne Jones, Dave Hughes, and Richard Allan. It is not up to me to decide if these people should be fired, they in turn also report to a higher authority who is again again more experienced than you and I tied together and folded over. And no, I most certainly not kidding with names like that lending professional opinion to the determination. What makes you think all of these people know less about the subject than you do? For goodness sakes man, you admit that the projector sound was added by the uploader, and yet still feel the clip is genuine? What was the point in adding the sound?

From what I have learned, if you wanted a CGI expert to do this, it would be in the vicinity of around 10K, however, the person who released the clip is a CGI expert which would mean it is more likely some type of personal project.

I already debunked the experts, you did not respond to that so I will just leave it here until you do. Also these experts you have so much faith in, how is it you cannot see that in this case you have been duped by them? Projector sounds .... please spare me more about these particular experts.

#32    MysteryX

MysteryX

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 141 posts

• Fail to plan plan to fail.

Posted 20 April 2012 - 12:29 AM

View PostWearer of Hats, on 19 April 2012 - 11:29 PM, said:

Case in point..

The 3 word post, case and point.

Are you talking about my Obama comment? Case and point is right, if you have really seen all the proof on this file objectively then it is case and point for sure. If you are still going by your worldview or how you like Obama over the facts already proven then you are sunk.

What most here do not understand is this, it really does not matter anymore its already a done deal and there is no fixing what is coming upon the world this year and for the next 7 -9 years, but I will save that for another thread. I will say the reason it is going to happen is the same reason for most of the world's problems, lack of facts, lack of desire to know the facts, faulty worldview, greed, ego and so forth. The same thing you see on CNN FOX BBC and this forum and every forum everyday. Most people could care less about their world until their freedom is taken away. So America and the rest of the world don't have long to wait, and for most by the time it happens, (very quickly) there will be no time to stop it or change it.

In fact even this thread is almost a waste of time except for the hope of possibly helping just one be more ready and better prepared, especially when all the surviving experts will be hiding in bomb shelters in the near future. The truth about this video is key to understanding all truth really. The video seems silly at first glance and possibly fake, but the more you dig they more the truth about it comes out. But you have to get rid of your bais and personal world view when investigating. You also have to learn enough to know if your expert is telling you crap. The projector example previously given is a perfect example of that. The poster did not realize how stupid and wrong the expert's claim was along with their other claims, so the poster quoted these so called experts.

I glad it happened however, it shows how stupid or complacent most posters and readers have become.

Edited by MysteryX, 20 April 2012 - 12:38 AM.

#33    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 30,259 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 20 April 2012 - 01:26 AM

View PostMysteryX, on 20 April 2012 - 12:12 AM, said:

I do get upset from time to time but it is rare and when I do it usally is at disinformation spoken intentionly by a poster.

You have not expressed such in this thread at all.

No disinformation has been spread, good God man, you are such a drama queen! Opinions from people with more experience than you have have been presented. People mentioned who come from places like Post Production Instructor at Staffordshire University are not Government agents trying to stifle you. You have not debunked anything, all you have done is show an extreme level of paranoia.

View PostMysteryX, on 20 April 2012 - 12:12 AM, said:

By the way this is a forum for discussion, if you don't want my input put me on your ignore list, simple problem solved. No point in whinning and besides no one has disproved my points. All they have done is quoted so called experts that are anything but experts. In fact I cannot help but wonder if someone fabricated the article using some experts name. No real expert or even governmental disinformation people would use something so foolish and easily debunked.

That is right this is a forum for discussion, not a place where you post something and allow no comments that you do not agree with. That would be called a blog, and perhaps the best place for such a narrow minded view where you are not engaging many people who visit daily, but the fringe crackpots who thrive om searching out such unsubstantiated paranoid nonsense. You only beef is that people with better qualification have outdone you already, and it seems you had no idea this had happened. Perhaps you have been embarrassed by the realisation that experts have viewed the film, and they do not at all say it is impossible like you claimed. Which expert made that claim by the way? I offered links to back my assertions, where were yours again? Ohh that's right, None exist. You debunked people with University qualifications all by your self didn't you ;) Ohh yes, soooo convincing.

But thanks for that advice, it is sound, I shall stick you in ignore eventually, because that is what you do to participants in threads, ignore their input and make your self righteous view the only one allowed. And you whine when people have an opposing view. Good luck with that.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo 'If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.' - Sir Isaac Newton. "Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit." Ed Stewart. Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs. Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Sir Wearer of Hats.

#34    Mentalcase

Mentalcase

Space Cadet

• 5,346 posts

• Most Thugish Member of the Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps

Posted 20 April 2012 - 03:05 AM

View PostMysteryX, on 19 April 2012 - 05:24 AM, said:

Actually not the case but I imagine his eye lashes and eye lids when he blinks must have cost 20,000 dollars or more if it is a fake.
All that detail that you can only see unless you go full screen and then they film it in black in white, .... right.

You can't be serious? 20,000$????? Why does it have to cost anything?

http://ancientaliensdebunked.com/  <~Ancient Aliens DEBUNKED!
I think that it is much more likely that the reports of flying saucers are the results of the known irrational characteristics of terrestrial intelligence than of the unknown rational efforts of extra-terrestrial intelligence ~Richard Feynman http://www.myspace.com/7leafclover

#35    Mentalcase

Mentalcase

Space Cadet

• 5,346 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 03:10 AM

View Postcaptain pish, on 19 April 2012 - 08:31 PM, said:

I have said this many many times on this forum and I will say it again. How the hell can anyone with eyes say that this is anything other than CGI? I could tell 2 seconds into the clip. Time after time people post stuff like this and claim its real when after watching just 5 seconds of the clip it becomes apparent it's CGI. It boggles the mind to think that there are people walking the earth who an be so easily duped.

What is it, 2 seconds or 5? SHEESH!!  <_<

j/k :P

I think that it is much more likely that the reports of flying saucers are the results of the known irrational characteristics of terrestrial intelligence than of the unknown rational efforts of extra-terrestrial intelligence ~Richard Feynman http://www.myspace.com/7leafclover

#36    Mentalcase

Mentalcase

Space Cadet

• 5,346 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 03:15 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 20 April 2012 - 01:26 AM, said:

You have not expressed such in this thread at all.

No disinformation has been spread, good God man, you are such a drama queen! Opinions from people with more experience than you have have been presented. People mentioned who come from places like Post Production Instructor at Staffordshire University are not Government agents trying to stifle you. You have not debunked anything, all you have done is show an extreme level of paranoia.

That is right this is a forum for discussion, not a place where you post something and allow no comments that you do not agree with. That would be called a blog, and perhaps the best place for such a narrow minded view where you are not engaging many people who visit daily, but the fringe crackpots who thrive om searching out such unsubstantiated paranoid nonsense. You only beef is that people with better qualification have outdone you already, and it seems you had no idea this had happened. Perhaps you have been embarrassed by the realisation that experts have viewed the film, and they do not at all say it is impossible like you claimed. Which expert made that claim by the way? I offered links to back my assertions, where were yours again? Ohh that's right, None exist. You debunked people with University qualifications all by your self didn't you ;) Ohh yes, soooo convincing.

But thanks for that advice, it is sound, I shall stick you in ignore eventually, because that is what you do to participants in threads, ignore their input and make your self righteous view the only one allowed. And you whine when people have an opposing view. Good luck with that.
Contradictive much? You seem to be very cynical, when you also seem to be supposedly in the know and content. Kinda messy IMHO. :rofl:

This was totally a joke psyche, I hope you knew that!! I couldn't agree with you more. The reason why I've inserted my sense of humor in this thread, as well as BIG D! LOL

Edited by Mentalcase, 20 April 2012 - 03:39 AM.

#37    Mentalcase

Mentalcase

Space Cadet

• 5,346 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 03:31 AM

Seriously though, Psyche has offered the best input in this thread. There really isn't much of an argument. This case was put to bed years ago. Try to keep up Mystery X!  :alien:

#38    csspwns

csspwns

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 642 posts

• "Give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day; give him a religion, and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish."

Posted 20 April 2012 - 05:38 AM

wat r u guys arguing about?? get to the point! the video is an obvious fake

#39    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 30,259 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 20 April 2012 - 05:47 AM

View PostMentalcase, on 20 April 2012 - 03:15 AM, said:

Contradictive much? You seem to be very cynical, when you also seem to be supposedly in the know and content. Kinda messy IMHO. :rofl:

This was totally a joke psyche, I hope you knew that!! I couldn't agree with you more. The reason why I've inserted my sense of humor in this thread, as well as BIG D! LOL

What can I say, I am a complicated guy. Most men want only 2 things from life, I want 3.

Damned if I can remember what the other two are now though...................... :rofl:

Cheers

View PostMentalcase, on 20 April 2012 - 03:31 AM, said:

Seriously though, Psyche has offered the best input in this thread. There really isn't much of an argument. This case was put to bed years ago. Try to keep up Mystery X!  :alien:

Very kind of you to say. Thank you  for recognising my efforts. Made my day :D

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo 'If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.' - Sir Isaac Newton. "Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit." Ed Stewart. Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs. Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Sir Wearer of Hats.

#40    Mentalcase

Mentalcase

Space Cadet

• 5,346 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 05:49 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 20 April 2012 - 05:47 AM, said:

What can I say, I am a complicated guy. Most men want only 2 things from life, I want 3.

Damned if I can remember what the other two are now though...................... :rofl:

Cheers

Very kind of you to say. Thank you  for recognising my efforts. Made my day :D

Hey no problem! I give credit where it's due!

#41    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

Is not a number!

• 9,679 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 06:09 AM

View PostMysteryX, on 20 April 2012 - 12:29 AM, said:

The 3 word post, case and point.

Are you talking about my Obama comment? Case and point is right, if you have really seen all the proof on this file objectively then it is case and point for sure. If you are still going by your worldview or how you like Obama over the facts already proven then you are sunk.

Do you honestly think that Obama would have been vetted to be President if anything about him was less then kosher?

Anyway - about Bob. Pilot and Rigel and 3/4 of the other aliens made by Jim Henson's company for Farscape. Just as realistic as Bob, more so even as Pilot and Rigel have been seen emoting and interacting with real people.

#42    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,757 posts

• Being skeptical of the paranormal is a good thing.

Posted 20 April 2012 - 12:48 PM

View Postpsyche101, on 19 April 2012 - 11:19 PM, said:

I am personally doing fine without your "help" thanks very much. It is ironic that you should discuss critical thinking yet immediately dismiss experts in the field for your personal opinion. The part about "being able to see the truth" is laughable. Empirical evidence is the benchmark for truth, not imagination.

I usually agree with what your saying, psyche, and this is no different,... Good post, my friend.

I still await the compelling Exhibit A.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#43    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 16,815 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 03:04 PM

View PostHazzard, on 20 April 2012 - 12:48 PM, said:

I usually agree with what your saying, psyche, and this is no different,... Good post, my friend.
Good point Hazzard ! and psyche101 too ! I think a good many in here want more than the two things in life. Ive lost count with the things I want in life ! So its a known for me to Keep Looking and Keep wanting !

This is a Work in Progress!

#44    ColoradoParanormal

ColoradoParanormal

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,299 posts

• 'Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought.'

Posted 20 April 2012 - 04:45 PM

View PostLilly, on 19 April 2012 - 02:03 AM, said:

The 'Skinny Bob' alien moves quite smoothly, were this actually filmed on an old 1940s 8mm camera the movement would not be so fluid. IMO this one's a hoax, filmed with a more modern camera and doctored to look vintage 1940s.

I Agree with you on this point. I also wanted to point out, for a lot of the younger people here and even some of the older, Animatronics and Puppets used to be used for ALL special effects in movies. (Looked more real if you ask me) Being everything has gone to CGI, we've forgotten what Puppets actually looked like on film. This is simply really good Puppeteering IMHO.

#45    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

• It is later than you think.

Posted 20 April 2012 - 05:43 PM

Why the extremely poor quality footage? If it was important to be filmed 60 years ago then surely it would have been worth using decent quality equipment?  Put it this way; there is better footage of the Titanic in 1912!  A whopping 36 years before Roswell!

The final telling thing has to be why only a few seconds of footage?  Are the hoaxers playing it safe on the basis that less footage makes it harder to debunk?

Z

Edited by zoser, 20 April 2012 - 05:45 PM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users