Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Demons, what are they?

fallen angels demons angels

• Please log in to reply
182 replies to this topic

#121    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 28,687 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 03:42 PM

View PostJor-el, on 30 March 2013 - 10:43 AM, said:

I think that needs abit more explaining on your part before I can comment.

In my view we were never a type of angel, we were created above the angels, we lost that position though when mankind sinned and were cast out of Eden.

All living things on earth have a soul.  These souls were in heaven before there was an earth.  There are four type of angels.  
1. Those failed their first test, these became the animals and plants.
2. The fallen angels.  Ie the demons and satan.  They failed the second test.
4. Angels without bodies.  These are the ones that became us.
5. Gods brothers and sisters, who made it to heaven in their time, but did not become gods.

A being with a physical body is above those without one.  Which is why when christ exercised leagen, they wanted to posses the hugs.

I am a mormon.  If I don't use mormons believe, those my beliefs only.
I do not go to church haven't for thirty years.
There are other mormons on this site. So if I have misspoken about the beliefs. I welcome their input.
I am not perfect and never will be. I do strive to be true to myself. I do my best to stay true to the mormon faith. Thank for careing and if you don't peace be with you.

#122    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,660 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 30 March 2013 - 03:55 PM

View Postdanielost, on 30 March 2013 - 03:42 PM, said:

All living things on earth have a soul.  These souls were in heaven before there was an earth.  There are four type of angels.  
5. Gods brothers and sisters, who made it to heaven in their time, but did not become gods.

A being with a physical body is above those without one.  Which is why when christ exercised leagen, they wanted to posses the hugs.
Does God's bothers and sisters have names?

#123    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 28,687 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 04:50 PM

View PostRlyeh, on 30 March 2013 - 03:55 PM, said:

Does God's bothers and sisters have names?
Probable I don't know them.  They are called angels or messangers.  These were tha type that ate with abraham.

There are other mormons on this site. So if I have misspoken about the beliefs. I welcome their input.
I am not perfect and never will be. I do strive to be true to myself. I do my best to stay true to the mormon faith. Thank for careing and if you don't peace be with you.

#124    Jor-el

Jor-el

Knight of the Most High God

• 7,332 posts

• We are the sum of all that is, and has been. We will be the sum of our choices.

Posted 30 March 2013 - 05:34 PM

View Postdanielost, on 30 March 2013 - 03:42 PM, said:

Could you defend any of those positions with actual biblical scripture?

I think not.

Posted Image

"Man is not the centre. God does not exist for the sake of man. Man does not exist for his own sake."

-C. S. Lewis

#125    Heaven Is A Halfpipe

Heaven Is A Halfpipe

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

• Hi. My name is Spike.

Posted 30 March 2013 - 07:03 PM

It staggers me how one could define their entire belief system on what a few thousand year old book says, it really does. Biblical scripture, particularly on the subject of demons, couldn't be any more wrong. Sorry to break it to you.

You can go the distance, you can run the mile and you can walk straight through HELL with a smile.

My UM Credentials: http://www.unexplain...5

#126    Jor-el

Jor-el

• 7,332 posts

• We are the sum of all that is, and has been. We will be the sum of our choices.

Posted 30 March 2013 - 08:10 PM

View PostThe Skater Boy, on 30 March 2013 - 07:03 PM, said:

It staggers me how one could define their entire belief system on what a few thousand year old book says, it really does. Biblical scripture, particularly on the subject of demons, couldn't be any more wrong. Sorry to break it to you.

I don't accept that, but you are free to think so if that helps you figure it out...

Posted Image

"Man is not the centre. God does not exist for the sake of man. Man does not exist for his own sake."

-C. S. Lewis

#127    Heaven Is A Halfpipe

Heaven Is A Halfpipe

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

• Hi. My name is Spike.

Posted 30 March 2013 - 09:10 PM

View PostJor-el, on 30 March 2013 - 08:10 PM, said:

I don't accept that, but you are free to think so if that helps you figure it out...

Want to elaborate on what you have learnt, without using biblical scripture?

You can go the distance, you can run the mile and you can walk straight through HELL with a smile.

My UM Credentials: http://www.unexplain...5

#128    No-thingBornPassion

No-thingBornPassion

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 09:14 PM

View PostAtentutankh-pasheri, on 30 March 2013 - 09:05 AM, said:

I saw things when I was child, smaller than LoR elves, more ethereal. They came before any films or 19th century fantasies, they were always here I think.
Hi Atentutankh-pasheri,

Do you think these small beings were restless, shape-shifting ghosts, or fairies? Jesus believed in ghosts, not necessarily evil spirits. The Bible also talks about it.

"But Jesus told them, 'What's frightening you? And why are you doubting? Look at my hands and my feet. It is I myself! Touch me and see; a ghost does not have flesh and bones, as you see I have.'"  Luke 24:38-39

"The king said to her, 'Don't be afraid. What do you see?' The woman said, 'I see a ghostly figure coming up out of the earth.'"  1 Samuel 28:13

Peace.

Edited by braveone2u, 30 March 2013 - 09:34 PM.

(Christian) Gnosticism also has the Holy Spirit, Christ(os), Jesus, LOVE...and God.

#129    Jor-el

Jor-el

• 7,332 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 09:17 PM

View PostThe Skater Boy, on 30 March 2013 - 09:10 PM, said:

Want to elaborate on what you have learnt, without using biblical scripture?

That the spiritual world is a very, very dangerous place to dabble in. Why do you think necromancy involves so much preparation and so many rules and rituals?

Posted Image

-C. S. Lewis

#130    No-thingBornPassion

No-thingBornPassion

Psychic Spy

• 1,186 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 09:26 PM

View PostJor-el, on 30 March 2013 - 01:34 PM, said:

It is not our place to come back, we never do come back, our job is done after death. Our place is to prepare our minds and our hearts for that journey. The ancient Egyptians took that message to heart as did most of the ancient cultures before us.

The fear of punishment, is a result not of some Gods judgement, it is the result of actions we knew to be wrong and did anyway, it is our conscience speaking to us, our conscience would not do that if we ourselves did not consider those actions to be wrong.

There is a story that God does not judge us in the end, he lets us judge ourselves... without the mask of self justification.
Agreed. I certainly didn't have a map to find my way back to this world, as if. Keep in mind, however, that I was not taken to Paradise. I was brought back to my life on earth instead. I believe we get a second chance, or chances (not just one). All I know is that it was not right for me to be in that Void. It felt like an UNJUST punishment, especially for all the spiritual work I've done on earth...wanting to be with God because my kundilini yoga path believed in a one God. Perhaps the reason for bringing me back here was to realize or figure out that Jesus Christ is Lord (God) and saviour?

It's a no brainer: this bright, golden (the color of His radience), (faceless) entity with long wavy hair took me out of that Void, and "saved" me. While in the Void, in that instant, Jesus' name came to my "awareness." The uncanny thing about His presence was the unmistakable feeling of "love beyond compare." There's nothing like it on earth. Some say that a mother's love for her child is similar, but I say, wait and see. Wait until that child grows up, and tell me about this intense earthly love again. One should ask, why would the seraphim cry out to one another, "Holy, holy, holy, is the LORD of hosts: the whole earth is full of His glory." Here's a term in Latin: "Sine fine dicentes," and it means "saying, without end." It makes one wonder why angels would do such a thing. They're not phoning it in. Also in Luke 2:13-14: "Suddenly a great company of the heavenly host appeared with the angel, praising God and saying, 'Glory to God in the highest heaven, and on earth peace to those on whom His favor rests.'" Could it be being around that "love beyond compare" presence of God make them exalt Him? When I felt Jesus' presence (while in the Void), I was crying invisible tears, for I have never felt such joy in my invisible heart. Again, we get many chances. The world is always talking to us.

Some mystical teachings say that we will judge ourselves, not God.

Peace to you, Jor-el.

Edited by braveone2u, 30 March 2013 - 09:33 PM.

(Christian) Gnosticism also has the Holy Spirit, Christ(os), Jesus, LOVE...and God.

#131    Jor-el

Jor-el

• 7,332 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 09:33 PM

View Postbraveone2u, on 30 March 2013 - 09:26 PM, said:

Agreed. I certainly didn't have a map to find my way back to this world, as if. Keep in mind, however, that I was not taken to Paradise. I was brought back to my life on earth instead. I believe we get a second chance, or chances (not just one). All I know is that it was not right for me to be in that Void. It felt like an UNJUST punishment, especially for all the spiritual work I've done on earth...wanting to be with God because my kundilini yoga path believed in a one God. Perhaps the reason for bringing me back here was to realize or figure out that Jesus Christ is Lord (God) and saviour?

It's a no brainer: this bright, golden (the color of His radience), (faceless) entity with long wavy hair took me out of that Void, and "saved" me. While in the Void, in that instant, Jesus' name came to my "awareness." The uncanny thing about His presence was the unmistakable feeling of "love beyond compare." There's nothing like it on earth. Some say that a mother's love for her child is similar, but I say, wait and see. Wait until that child grows up, and tell me about this intense earthly love again. One should ask, why would the seraphim cry out to one another, "Holy, holy, holy, is the LORD of hosts: the whole earth is full of His glory." Here's a term in Latin: "Sine fine dicentes," and it means "saying, without end." It makes one wonder why angels would do such a thing. They're not phoning it in. Also in Luke 2:13-14: "Suddenly a great company of the heavenly host appeared with the angel, praising God and saying,"Glory to God in the highest heaven, and on earth peace to those on whom His favor rests." Could it be being around that "love beyond compare" presence of God make them exalt Him? When I felt Jesus' presence (while in the Void), I was crying invisible tears, for I have never felt such joy in my invisible heart. Again, we get many chances. The world is always talking to us.

Some mystical teachings say that we will judge ourselves, not God.

Peace to you, Jor-el.

I can't say anymore than you have. Thank you.

Posted Image

-C. S. Lewis

#132    Tutankhaten-pasheri

Tutankhaten-pasheri

Buratinologist

• Banned
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 10:01 PM

View Postbraveone2u, on 30 March 2013 - 09:14 PM, said:

Hi Atentutankh-pasheri,

Do you think these small beings were restless, shape-shifting ghosts, or fairies? Jesus believed in ghosts, not necessarily evil spirits. The Bible also talks about it.

"But Jesus told them, 'What's frightening you? And why are you doubting? Look at my hands and my feet. It is I myself! Touch me and see; a ghost does not have flesh and bones, as you see I have.'"  Luke 24:38-39

"The king said to her, 'Don't be afraid. What do you see?' The woman said, 'I see a ghostly figure coming up out of the earth.'"  1 Samuel 28:13

Peace.
They were generally what you would call an elf from how they looked. Some were imps, though to me an imp is simply another form of elf, more "impish". Biblical references to such phenomena are not valid I think. Such things should be looked at from the view of cosmism and panpsychism. But that would be another thread, and this imp is tired.......

Edited by Atentutankh-pasheri, 30 March 2013 - 10:18 PM.

#133    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 28,687 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 12:03 AM

View PostThe Skater Boy, on 30 March 2013 - 07:03 PM, said:

Mormons don't they base thiers on two books written thousands of years ago, and two written about 200 years ago.  Plus stuff being written today.  The mormon faith is a living faith.

#134    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,660 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 31 March 2013 - 08:19 AM

View Postdanielost, on 30 March 2013 - 04:50 PM, said:

Probable I don't know them.  They are called angels or messangers.  These were tha type that ate with abraham.
What about the ones who are gods?

#135    Goddess_Lilith

Goddess_Lilith

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 59 posts

• Well behaved women rarely make history.

Posted 31 March 2013 - 09:20 AM

View PostJor-el, on 30 March 2013 - 05:34 PM, said:

Could you defend any of those positions with actual biblical scripture?

I think not.

Can you defend any of your positions with actual FACT?? That's probably the better question.

I think not..

I can say I think demons are purple unicorn souls who are trapped between candyland and monopoly and if we don't need facts to back anything up then no one can be wrong....or right for that matter. You not accepting someone's answer doesn't make it wrong and your bible scriptures don't make what you say right, sorry to break it to you.

Edited by Goddess_Lilith, 31 March 2013 - 09:25 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users