Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Stars vs. dots

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1    Euphorbia

Euphorbia

Odd Plant Grower

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,273 posts

• You can't just choose to believe something.

Believing in something doesn't make it true.

Posted 01 May 2012 - 02:57 PM

I woke up this morning and all of the threads that I've participated in now have dots instead of stars next to them. Has something changed?

The stars made it easier to find the threads I've posted in and by clicking on them they took me to the first unread post. Clicking on the dots just takes me to the last page.

Get three coffins ready.

My mistake, four coffins.

Separation of corporation and state!

#2    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 20,062 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 01 May 2012 - 03:05 PM

This feature has been removed from the forums for the time being as it was found to be the primary cause of the long load times ( up to 90 seconds ) when entering a forum section, using the search feature or looking at the 'view new content' page.

We're going to need to either find some sort of alternative or rework the feature internally as enabling it as it stands is too much of a trade-off with performance on a forum of this size.

#3    Euphorbia

Euphorbia

Odd Plant Grower

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,273 posts

• You can't just choose to believe something.

Believing in something doesn't make it true.

Posted 01 May 2012 - 03:16 PM

View PostSaru, on 01 May 2012 - 03:05 PM, said:

This feature has been removed from the forums for the time being as it was found to be the primary cause of the long load times ( up to 90 seconds ) when entering a forum section, using the search feature or looking at the 'view new content' page.

We're going to need to find some sort of alternative as enabling it is too much of a trade-off with performance on a forum of this size.

Thank you for the explanation. I miss my stars though and hope a solution is found. The stars didn't seem to slow down my load time......

This issue and the spell check for Firefox users are my last two issues.......then everything will seem back to normal for me.

Thanks, Saru

Get three coffins ready.

My mistake, four coffins.

Separation of corporation and state!

#4    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 20,062 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 01 May 2012 - 03:31 PM

Just to add that clicking on the pip will still take you to the first unread post, the star's only purpose was to denote a thread you've posted in.

#5    ChrLzs

ChrLzs

Just a contributor..

• 3,241 posts

• I only floccinaucinihilipilificate
    when it IS worthless...

Posted 02 May 2012 - 12:23 PM

Just in case anyone isn't aware...  I trust folks realise that if you click on your name at top-right, then My Content, you get a nice list of all the threads you have posted in, neatly ordered with the most-recently-posted-in-ones sorted to the top...

Sorry if I'm stating the obvious..

All my posts about Apollo are dedicated to the memory of MID - who knew, lived and was an integral part of, Apollo.

"Like the JFK assassination conspiracy theories, the UFO issue probably will not go away soon, no matter what the CIA does or says. The belief that we are not alone in the universe is too emotionally appealing and the distrust of our government is too pervasive to make the issue amenable to traditional scientific studies or rational explanation and evidence." - Gerald K Haines

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users