Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

strange diseases and allergies..

cerberus

This isn't so much unexplained, but i have always found medical science fascinating.Only today, in a extremely rare case, a dentist rang me to tell me one of her patients had been hospitalised suffering extreme swelling of the gums, tongue and inside the mouth.Also, on her face and shoulders.. she developed severe dermatitis.the doctor doesn't know the cause, but the dentist had to rule out the metal understructure of the bridge, was not the allergic cause. Copper, nickel, cobalt and mercury are poisonous to humans, but are used safely in dental industries.the offending metal bridge featuring a chrome cobalt alloy, which is a possible alloy sensitive to some humans.Reading up on the internet afterwards... i was stunned to find out you can contract these horrible symptoms from body piercings.In a researched experiment, it was found that a small percentage of non allergic people, who had recent piercings done with stainless steel tools hadn't grown allergic to any types of metal.The other scenario was piercings with nickel based tools.the result was different.Some people over a period of 2 months, had developed an allergy to metal.Personally, i think the cause was from the mercury fillings she has had over the years, and that enough mercury may have found its way into the blood stream, causing blood poisoning.When i find out, i will post the answer on this topic.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• cerberus

• Bizarro

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

This topic can include any comments on any disease/illness/allergy of any kind.All comments are totally welcome.

I thought metallic poisoning, stigmatics, and maybe bio-chemical warfare would be good starters for this topic.i will ok all my pictures with saruman first, because i know these pictures can be very disturbing.thankyou for listening  :st

• 4 weeks later...

no one should pierce their tongues, imho.  the list of complications is very long and are also very unpleasant.  once, i thought about it but then i realized some things just arent natural and will only cause more problems than they are worth.