Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 4 votes

Could a Zombie outbreak happen in real life?

zombie

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#31    hooko22

hooko22

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 239 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 03:21 PM

View PostMr Right Wing, on 14 June 2012 - 03:12 PM, said:

A zombie outbreak could happen.

The rabies virus would need to be engineered to attack just the movement and higher intelligence parts of the brain. It would need to be as adaptable as Aids so a cure cant be found while at the same time being weak enough not to kill the host.

The virus would need to attack the starvation mechanisms in the brain making someone so desperate for food they'd eat human meat while putting them off vegtables etc.

I think its within the realms of possibility but maybe 20 years away.

Contrary to myth and Stephen King novels about killer dogs, reality does not work that way. Rapies does not cause people or animals to go on a murdering rampage, biting everything in their way! House wifes during a sale at bloomingdales is another matter though!

Posted Image

#32    Alienated Being

Alienated Being

Government Agent

• Banned
  • 4,163 posts

• "The best way to predict the future is by inventing it."

"Record

Posted 14 June 2012 - 03:37 PM

View Posthooko22, on 14 June 2012 - 03:21 PM, said:

Contrary to myth and Stephen King novels about killer dogs, reality does not work that way. Rapies does not cause people or animals to go on a murdering rampage, biting everything in their way! House wifes during a sale at bloomingdales is another matter though!
Well, let's put that theory to a test. Put a dog with rabies near a group of five year old children, and see how many of them are bitten. Just saying. Rabies alters the behaviour of its occupant. With all due respect, if a Norwegian scientist concocted an influenza virus that is virtually incurable, just imagine what else is being created and designed in labs. There are diseases in labs at this moment (I will bet my life on that) that could completely wipe out the human race in 24 - 72 hours, including viruses similar to the rage virus; and all it takes is one small slip. Really. Maybe the scientist was hung over coming to work, and was so exhausted and tired that he forgot to completely decontaminate himself after working overtime?

These are not very unfathomable ideas and theories.

#33    Grey14

Grey14

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 04:56 PM

View Posthooko22, on 14 June 2012 - 03:21 PM, said:

Damn I hope I never run into a dog infected with that. I dont think my butt would be the same.

Sorry I had to it just made me chuckle to much.

"The only thing Needed for the Truimph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

#34    Englishgent

Englishgent

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,909 posts

• all dinosaurs are thin at one end, much, much thicker in the middle, then thin again at the far end -- Monty Python

Posted 15 June 2012 - 02:00 AM

View PostMr Right Wing, on 14 June 2012 - 03:12 PM, said:

A zombie outbreak could happen.

The rabies virus would need to be engineered to attack just the movement and higher intelligence parts of the brain. It would need to be as adaptable as Aids so a cure cant be found while at the same time being weak enough not to kill the host.

The virus would need to attack the starvation mechanisms in the brain making someone so desperate for food they'd eat human meat while putting them off vegtables etc.

I think its within the realms of possibility but maybe 20 years away.

I beg to differ on this one. A zombie outbreak could not occur in this way as the very meaning of a zombie (the most commonly used meaning) is a dead person/corpse, coming back to life. Not a living person having been infected by a virus.
I am not saying that a virus such as you suggest is not possible. All I am saying is that the infected people would not be zombies.
The other thing about all this is :-  
Those people who have allegedly returned from the dead, usually in places like Haiti, have not gone round eating people.  This is pure fiction on behalf of Hollywood producers.
This is just one more example of Hollywood (and other film studios) making horror movies involving ficticious monsters which then become so popular that they become a reality to some gullible people! (I dont mean you Mr Right Wing lol) :)

#35    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 30,014 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 15 June 2012 - 02:27 AM

View PostErix, on 13 June 2012 - 10:04 PM, said:

I wonder what Brains taste like?

Lamb Brain Salad anyone?

Posted Image

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo 'If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.' - Sir Isaac Newton. "Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit." Ed Stewart. Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs. Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Sir Wearer of Hats.

#36    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 30,014 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 15 June 2012 - 02:29 AM

If a group of Zombies met a group of necrophiliacs

Who would do the chasing?

Edited by psyche101, 15 June 2012 - 02:29 AM.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo 'If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.' - Sir Isaac Newton. "Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit." Ed Stewart. Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs. Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Sir Wearer of Hats.

#37    hooko22

hooko22

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 239 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 09:29 AM

View PostAlienated Being, on 14 June 2012 - 03:37 PM, said:

Well, let's put that theory to a test. Put a dog with rabies near a group of five year old children, and see how many of them are bitten. Just saying. Rabies alters the behaviour of its occupant. With all due respect, if a Norwegian scientist concocted an influenza virus that is virtually incurable, just imagine what else is being created and designed in labs. There are diseases in labs at this moment (I will bet my life on that) that could completely wipe out the human race in 24 - 72 hours, including viruses similar to the rage virus; and all it takes is one small slip. Really. Maybe the scientist was hung over coming to work, and was so exhausted and tired that he forgot to completely decontaminate himself after working overtime?

These are not very unfathomable ideas and theories.

The dog would be just as likely to run away or just stand there in a daze or some other random act, I say again, rapies does not turn things vicious.

Posted Image

#38    joenhaggrity

joenhaggrity

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 23 posts

• "You know what you are?, you're semantic blockage" - Raliegh Theodore Sakers III
    "That's me." -king of id

Posted 16 June 2012 - 02:40 PM

http://news.national...ent-rainforest/

I do believe without question, a behavioral disorder affecting people to an extremely grim function is absolutey possible.  Particularly considering most everyone I know is aready stressed past their abiity to cope, and I aso consider the typical person to consider their advantages stern ony by a disadvantage of those around them; what with the popuation and dis-illusionment from reality we are in.  People want to pretend they're social lions when they are maggots, this belief is mandated that it is true to some level that perception means more than actual circumstance in determining many situations.  So, basically, i'm saying that most people are already mentally eating everyone they think they can to make themselves relevant as is.  Consider bath salts and PCP where once the portion of the brain that determines whether an action is reasonable or not is turned off, I think it's fairly apparently documented the outcomes, so....

#39    Mikko-kun

Mikko-kun

Docking station

• 1,400 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 06:20 PM

Nobody's gonna rise from grave without some serious help. It'd have to be the work of someone or something that could, by the force of thought reform your body out of raw materials near your bones and implant a life in you. Maybe someone who could construct a somewhat-working human body in that fashion and plant a Tulpa there. Otherwise it'd take high-tech and a lot more work-time. If one had such powers, I can imagine something more useful ways to use them than to create an army of living dead that'll die too easily, one would have to be quite an idiot with nothing better to do to use them that way. Or an experimentalist perhaps.

Apart from that, why not a rapidly spreading form of rabies, like swine flu, rabies and some click in it that activates your predator and feeding senses and shuts down all the nurturing senses as well as most other brain activity, apart from motorics. One reason it wouldn't be used if such a thing was artificially created is that it'll only kill unprotected civilians and soldiers with basic ABC protection have much higher protection against it. What's the point in that if you want to conquer someone? That'll just get the rest of the world very pissed at you if you're found out. They will come out with all the stuff they can find out about you, unlike with the usual conspiracies. I doubt even KimJongIl who's now passed away, would had allowed such fate for his dear people, wasting his good workforce and hurting his national pride like that. But since men have this queer notion to keep developing more effective tools to destroy each others in masses, I think this has already been developed, or will be. No one's just stupid enough to actually use it en large.

I'll be gone.

#40    JonathanVonErich

JonathanVonErich

Telekinetic

• Banned
  • 7,519 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 08:12 PM

View Postpsyche101, on 15 June 2012 - 02:29 AM, said:

Funniest thing I've read in a long, long time. :lol: :w00t:

#41    Aim4TheHead

Aim4TheHead

Government Agent

• 3,752 posts

• This tragedy is all my fault.

Posted 17 June 2012 - 06:39 AM

Posted Image

#42    jesspy

jesspy

Full of Wisdumb

• 8,086 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 06:48 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 15 June 2012 - 02:29 AM, said:

Posted Image

There is a bunch of zombie and alien shows/movies/articles etc I think we are being prepared for an attack by zimbie aliens.

Mind tricks don't work on me, only money.

#43    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 10,546 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 17 June 2012 - 12:57 PM

View PostEnglishgent, on 15 June 2012 - 02:00 AM, said:

I beg to differ on this one. A zombie outbreak could not occur in this way as the very meaning of a zombie (the most commonly used meaning) is a dead person/corpse, coming back to life. Not a living person having been infected by a virus.
I am not saying that a virus such as you suggest is not possible. All I am saying is that the infected people would not be zombies.
The other thing about all this is :-  
Those people who have allegedly returned from the dead, usually in places like Haiti, have not gone round eating people.  This is pure fiction on behalf of Hollywood producers.
This is just one more example of Hollywood (and other film studios) making horror movies involving ficticious monsters which then become so popular that they become a reality to some gullible people! (I dont mean you Mr Right Wing lol) :)
The secret I ingredient for hatian zombies is blowfish poison. They are not really dead either of course. It was used to creat slaves or give Somone the worst sort of death. Buried alive!!!!

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#44    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 10,546 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 17 June 2012 - 01:00 PM

Forget the zombies. Masses of starving intelligent people with rifles is much more scary. Zombies are easy.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#45    Englishgent

Englishgent

Psychic Spy

• 1,909 posts

• all dinosaurs are thin at one end, much, much thicker in the middle, then thin again at the far end -- Monty Python

Posted 18 June 2012 - 01:28 AM

View PostSeeker79, on 17 June 2012 - 12:57 PM, said:

The secret I ingredient for hatian zombies is blowfish poison. They are not really dead either of course. It was used to creat slaves or give Somone the worst sort of death. Buried alive!!!!

Yes Seeker, I agree.
. I am aware that actual accounts of alleged zombies are caused by poison which makes the person appear dead. I was going more from the dictionary version of the word 'zombie' as per this topic.
Taking into account the above, there really is no such thing as a real zombie :)

Also tagged with zombie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users