Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Expression

The Id3al Experience

To be born in a world of laughter and joy

Only to become part of the man’s ploy.

Just to be apart of the whole

I must obtain and secure a role

then, and only then

Can we live in 'peace'

being forced to rent and lease

Work for your rent

Work for every cent

Work for everything with worth

Work to just live on your own planet earth

But let’s not let this illusion fool

You’re your own man

The best kind of tool

This is my first empty (apart from school haha) on a peom.

Lately I have been feeling puzzled as to why the world is the way it is. Why should we have to pay to just BE alive. Rent, food etc. this is a nessasity in life everyone generally pays for, but WHY? why do I have to pay to be on my own planet, that I didnt have a choice in being apart of.

I try to live a simple life as I follow a buddhist type lifestyle, trying to keep material possesions to a minium, and im happy with that, as I find no enjoyment in having the flash materials of the world.

Everywhere I look I see pain, suffering. I see laws being passed that is contricting soceity more and more. I feel like in 50 years we will be back to full on slavery... and the government being the masters.

Granted, I notice the beautfiul things happening too, like my neighbour that does chartiy work with me. The beautiful sunset, the gorgoeus night sky above. The ample of varity of nature that provides me with enegry to get through my days.

The sad thing is, when I look at humanity, I only see a small portion of beauty... an no matter how much I let it go, meditate or lead to change, its all so overwhelming.

Im young, 23, I know life has lots more to offer me. I just cant seem to shake this feeling of a lost connection to humanity. I use to be a freindly vibrant person, Now it seems an effort to go outside and play... humanity now disgusts me. unfortunitly there is a reason evil wins, its because the good don't fight.

Anyways, this is my vent haha, Hope everyone enjoys there experience. Despite all my current feelings I do not regret a thing. :)

Kind Regard,

Me :)

• Like 3

Great poem. The world is as it is because that's how society is. Ignorance and the inability to think for oneself is to blame.

I too see the beauty in nature and look to those concerned with superficial and material aspects and becoming some malleable person due to their insecurities. Society is taking a step back in a ways. We aren't learning from our mistakes.

Over here in Australia for example our club culture age median has dropped. There are clubs and such for underages. In turn alcohol, drug consumption and sex follow. Who is to blame? The parents? The portrayed "desirable" image of people in the media? The kids themselves?

Our future generations are nothing to smile about. I've experienced it first hand. It is almost like they have devolved.

• Like 3

I like your poem very much, especially the third line: I don't know if you meant 'a part of the whole' rather than 'apart', but the latter certainly makes it more poignant.

I'm not going to comment on the remainder of your post because I would only bring you further down with my own gloominess.

• Like 2

When one is young it is easy to be blind to the way things are and see only good. You grow up and see the truth then its hard to stick your head back in the sand.

• Like 2

When one is young it is easy to be blind to the way things are and see only good. You grow up and see the truth then its hard to stick your head back in the sand.

I was thinking about that earlier today(yesterday?) in relation to my 12yr old god-daughter. I thought, when you're her age and you start to become aware of all the unpleasant things that go on in the world, your first thought is, 'I'm going to do something about that! I'm going to right that wrong!'. After a few years you realise that you have no influence in the world whatsoever so you join a group. You raise funds, march & protest ....... still no change to speak of, so then you decide to just live your own life as well as you can. Last stage? You realise there's a very, very tiny group of people who rule the world entirely ..... what they say goes and the rest of us have to go along with it or try and live 'under the radar' as much as we can. We're all just killing time, really .... until it kills us.

• Like 1

Great poem. The world is as it is because that's how society is. Ignorance and the inability to think for oneself is to blame.

I too see the beauty in nature and look to those concerned with superficial and material aspects and becoming some malleable person due to their insecurities. Society is taking a step back in a ways. We aren't learning from our mistakes.

Over here in Australia for example our club culture age median has dropped. There are clubs and such for underages. In turn alcohol, drug consumption and sex follow. Who is to blame? The parents? The portrayed "desirable" image of people in the media? The kids themselves?

Our future generations are nothing to smile about. I've experienced it first hand. It is almost like they have devolved.

I think it starts with parents. Nowadays, parents either find it hard to raise there kids due to current economic stress, you cannot live rasing your child only, you need to be able to get back to work, by the time parents come home they are exhausted and dont have time for the kids, in the weekend is the only time to really be with your kids. The soceitys demand on work work work, is not helping the parents.

The simple truth is most of our waking hours is for work, by the time your home, make dinner, may be sort out their homework, its bed for all.. No real qulity time to show empathy. Empathy is hardwired into us, however I beleive if you do not work on this, their abliitly to show or feel empathy decreases over time. Kids I beleive now do not have the ablitliy to understand this because they have not had time to adjust to a loving family, only that their parents have no time for them.

( I could be wrong as I do not have kids, but this is what I see)

• Like 1

I think it starts with parents. Nowadays, parents either find it hard to raise there kids due to current economic stress, you cannot live rasing your child only, you need to be able to get back to work, by the time parents come home they are exhausted and dont have time for the kids, in the weekend is the only time to really be with your kids. The soceitys demand on work work work, is not helping the parents.

The simple truth is most of our waking hours is for work, by the time your home, make dinner, may be sort out their homework, its bed for all.. No real qulity time to show empathy. Empathy is hardwired into us, however I beleive if you do not work on this, their abliitly to show or feel empathy decreases over time. Kids I beleive now do not have the ablitliy to understand this because they have not had time to adjust to a loving family, only that their parents have no time for them.

( I could be wrong as I do not have kids, but this is what I see)

This is true but there is also a level of responsibility involved as well. I won't go out and do what the kids are doing now simply because they don't get enough attention. You can maintain your humanity without tossing away all your dignity. The realisation that you are just digging yourself a deeper hole is probably the most important thing.

I see the world differently, I guess. I have been privileged to know that a few years ago, a few kind words I said to a friend kept her from committing suicide. I didn't know that she was even considering taking her life at the time. And I read an article in a newspaper about a man who left a suicide note, saying that he was going to walk 23 blocks to a bridge and jump, but if one person smiled at him or said hello, he wouldn't jump. Nobody he passed on the street did either one of those things. So maybe the world is a little deeper place than we realize; there's the obvious surface stuff, then there's lot of underground currents. There are some terrible things that happen in this world, many of them we can't change. However, in our homes, with our family & friends, in our communities, maybe we can make a difference. Maybe a lot, maybe a little, but we should never underestimate our personal power. Besides, for me, I think I'm just to stubborn & committed to let myself or my life be influenced by some nameless, faceless, stupid or foolish people. No way am I going to give total strangers any power over me and how I live my life, or the decisions I make. It's not ever going to happen. No one, either intentionally or unintentionally, is going to exercise any power over me except that which I choose to give them.

• Like 2

The bounds of human society are so restraining sometimes. It's not that society's bad or that all of humanity is just darkness, but I agree that evil things can happen when the good just stand by and let it. But sometimes, when it's all too much, I like to just get away from the world and go for a walk. It's spiritually freeing and I find relief in it.

I see the world differently, I guess. I have been privileged to know that a few years ago, a few kind words I said to a friend kept her from committing suicide. I didn't know that she was even considering taking her life at the time. And I read an article in a newspaper about a man who left a suicide note, saying that he was going to walk 23 blocks to a bridge and jump, but if one person smiled at him or said hello, he wouldn't jump. Nobody he passed on the street did either one of those things. So maybe the world is a little deeper place than we realize; there's the obvious surface stuff, then there's lot of underground currents. There are some terrible things that happen in this world, many of them we can't change. However, in our homes, with our family & friends, in our communities, maybe we can make a difference. Maybe a lot, maybe a little, but we should never underestimate our personal power. Besides, for me, I think I'm just to stubborn & committed to let myself or my life be influenced by some nameless, faceless, stupid or foolish people. No way am I going to give total strangers any power over me and how I live my life, or the decisions I make. It's not ever going to happen. No one, either intentionally or unintentionally, is going to exercise any power over me except that which I choose to give them.

Beany Iv alreadys respected your words..

Thanks,

Regards,

Me :)

I think we live this way because we agree to do so... But then again, maybe I'm just dreaming this.

• Like 1

I was thinking about that earlier today(yesterday?) in relation to my 12yr old god-daughter. I thought, when you're her age and you start to become aware of all the unpleasant things that go on in the world, your first thought is, 'I'm going to do something about that! I'm going to right that wrong!'. After a few years you realise that you have no influence in the world whatsoever so you join a group. You raise funds, march & protest ....... still no change to speak of, so then you decide to just live your own life as well as you can. Last stage? You realise there's a very, very tiny group of people who rule the world entirely ..... what they say goes and the rest of us have to go along with it or try and live 'under the radar' as much as we can. We're all just killing time, really .... until it kills us.

I find that is a way to live an unhappy life.

While I am incredibly young it is extremely possible for a single person to have an extremely large impact on the world. Its incredibly unlikely. Incredibly incredibly unlikely. No one should actively "plan" to change the world. But Its silly to say its completely hopeless.

I think this is why people cling to science and beliefs. They have to know something. We must either delusion our-self into thinking our life has a point or clings to thing that prove life is pointless. Everyone has to know something for some reason.

This is why absurdism is my favorite philosophy. The world is ridiculous and strange and controversial and unknowable. To assume meaning exist is silly Its also extremely silly to assume that it does not exist. To believe something is for sure you are being extremely egotistic in your tiny existence.

The best we can do is not deny the world or be angry at it. We can't all hope to change it. We have to accept it without letting it control us.

I'm not really disgusted by people anymore. I just feel sorry for them and do my best to make our miserable existence on this planet together slightly less miserable. People heavily under-estimate the power of a compliment or the joy of laughter.

Edited by Kazoo

Yes absurdism. The funny thing is I not only see the single entity ruling the world.... I see the parts of that entity fighting the other part repeatedly..... which is true and hilarious. When something goes to far I will fight it. (Making me a small entity wanting to rule the world) which makes me laugh all the more until I had enough and turn on the tv to watch Pinky and the Brain.

It's not that you have to pay that you are crying about it's the fact that you have to pay in the current currency. You may want to what rather pay with your own time, pay with your mind, pay with your work? All of those have value just like currency. currency just happens to be another name for money which just happens to have no value at this point in our tiny existence. That is the fact you realize that our current form of money(whatever currency your using) isn't really valuable. Which to me is absurd.

The way I see it, we've created a political and economic system to keep us safe.. and that system has turned into a Prison...

Good on you OP for waking up to that as many others are..

And good on everypone else for noticing it too..

The more who notice, the more likely we'll see change...

VIVA LA REVOLUTION!

viva_la_revolution_by_surre.jpg

• Like 2

Well, I think life does have a point, and that's to find every moment of joy we can. For me, that's enough. More than enough, really. Everyday I express gratitude at being giving this brief life on this beautiful planet; there's no where else I'd rather be. I don't know what happens when we die, and I have no control over that, anyway. But while I'm here I'm going to make the most of every moment I have. It doesn't make sense to do anything else, since I'm here in this moment, with no certainty that any sort of after life exists. Carpe diem!

• Like 3

Well, I think life does have a point, and that's to find every moment of joy we can. For me, that's enough. More than enough, really. Everyday I express gratitude at being giving this brief life on this beautiful planet; there's no where else I'd rather be. I don't know what happens when we die, and I have no control over that, anyway. But while I'm here I'm going to make the most of every moment I have. It doesn't make sense to do anything else, since I'm here in this moment, with no certainty that any sort of after life exists. Carpe diem!

The concept of joy is quite skewed in the minds of some people and instead results in self indulgence, an undesirable action especially in this day and age. Where their false concept of joy is instant gratification, often with materialistic properties. They have been told what they need and believe it by an external source. But it really isn't what they need.

• Like 2

I think anyone who expects or looks for joy on a moment by moment, or even daily basis is going to end up disappointed. This is a totally unrealistic expectation ...... how about aiming for contentment or peace or even safety from harm? For most people, daily life is bland and repetitive, and we should be grateful for that .... see it as a positive thing.

I never aim for second best. And whether joy is skewed in the minds of others affects me not in the least. My expectations are not always met, but the results are far better aiming high than aiming low. Low expectations yield poor results. Do I sometimes fail? Yes, but even then, I love my life and all the possibilities that exist.

• Like 1

A good poem to ponder on and yes there are a lot of distractions in this world, mostly about materialsm and working and living for these things. Yes, we seldom forget our role as man and how to really live life. That is why it is important to always set a time for ourselves and for God and think why we exist in the first place. Life can be simpler if we just want this to be.

• Like 2