Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Recognizing people in dreams

Red_readerhockeycat_fishez

I had a dream about the mom of one my old girlfriends. I think the dream took place in this time period. I was sitting in a room and the mom was sitting in front of me. She turned around and asked if I was seeing her daughter. I said I hadn't seen her in years and she gave a puzzled look and turned around. I haven't seen either the mom or daughter in years. In the dream her mom didn't mention a name yet I knew exactly who's mom and who she was referring to. In real life in the same situation and wouldn't have a clue. How do we no instantly know who people are in dreams?

• Like 2

Because all the people in our dreams are people we know.

Sometimes they're playing themselves in the dream narrative and thus we recognise them, sometimes they're not and we don't.

• Like 4

I almost always recognize everyone in my dreams. Always have. Although the people in my dreams might not be the same relationship-wise to real life. If that makes any sense.

• Like 2

I occasionally have a situation in a dream whereby I recognise the face of person 'A' and yet I know they are really, inside, person 'B'.

• Like 3

I occasionally have a situation in a dream whereby I recognise the face of person 'A' and yet I know they are really, inside, person 'B'.

I get that too. They look like someone I know, but they are really someone else that I know. It makes recalling my dream very confusing!

• Like 2

It's your subconscious writing the script.

• Like 2

I can totally relate to this! Usually there are people doing things in my dreams. somehow I'm able to know who they are and what they're doing, even though logically I'd have no clue.

Except for when it's an obscured figure/shadow, I've never been able to recognize them - but maybe that's because they're meant to be obscure.

• Like 2

How do we no instantly know who people are in dreams?

Hi,

There is an energy signature which is known in our subconscious that the logical brain is not normally aware of.

John

• Like 2

Hi,

There is an energy signature which is known in our subconscious that the logical brain is not normally aware of.

John

This sounds interesting! Can you tell me more please, or direct me to some good info about it? Thanks.

• Like 1

I think that our daily lives play a role in our dreams. I'll dream about family, friends and coworkers.

I operate a forklift at work and I had a dream that a coworker was popping wheelies on his forklift

as he was driving by. And it's near impossible to do that on that type of equipment. :lol:

• Like 1

I've watched enough funniest home videos to know that popping wheelies on a forklift is possible, and dearly inadvisable lol.

I'm genuinely curious about this as well. If you don't mind sir, please elaborate.

Edited by blurry
  • Like 1

I've watched enough funniest home videos to know that popping wheelies on a forklift is possible, and dearly inadvisable lol.

I would say the forklifts that are gas powered could pop wheelies since they have more HP but the battery forklifts I operate don't have the power.

• Like 1

I found it interesting too. In dreams i have recognized people as certain people only they look nothing like the real deal or change faces.

What worries me is that i dreamt of the future once and my adult daughter. She looked just like my son who didnt exist at the time. I am engaged and planning on more but they won't have the same blackish eyes as we both have green. Maybe I'm putting too much stock in my dream but it seemed so real, i hope this doesn't mean my son will be a crossdresser!

• Like 1

This sounds interesting! Can you tell me more please, or direct me to some good info about it? Thanks.

Hello,

My internet search found this link.

http://www.yourenergysignature.com/

Many involved with dream work can speak about that belief as well. The exact way this happens is not understood or know as far as I can tell.

John

• Like 1