Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Pascagoula case

quillius

I am snowed at the moment as you can tell from my absence of late, I will return in force when time permits and answer in full, even Bee and her hissy fit over Wiki (Bee, you will find Paxus in Brisbane, I am on the Gold Coast, and you will find Chrilz about halfway between us, but as far as I know, I am the only omnipotent one out of the three of us -

You were the only one arguing the point at that time....and the IP address edit goes to the Gold Coast, south of Brisbane.

(anyone can look it up)

Surfers Paradise to be exact. But the IP search isn't THAT accurate...for example my IP address on the search I used

puts me 15 miles away from where I am. But in terms of the general area and more importantly the TIMING of when the

edit was made....puts you right in the frame..... :yes:

A major for me remins the size of the craft, even at 30 foot it is still a major the way I see it, however, as we are discussing the transcript at the moment, it seems a good idea to work with that? I do not Youtube if possible so I have not seen McGuff's clip, and do not wish to if I can, I would rather words where possible and that interview seems to be recording the exact words of the men, and it is stated there as being 8 x 8 foot.

Ummmmm Hickson is speaking 'words' on the YT clip.....that you are refusing to listen to even though you have the exact time to go to.

Anyway I have seen you post YT clips when it suits you...

You were the only one arguing the point at that time....and the IP address edit goes to the Gold Coast, south of Brisbane.

(anyone can look it up)

hi bee, which site are you using to track? i'm getting melbourne.... link

not sure if this video has been posted...

It's Hickson talking about the 'incident' as an older man. He goes on to speak of a further sighting of the same craft...

in the following January at a Tree Farm. And another one when he was driving with his family, of a different, bigger craft.

He also mentions that there were other 'encounters' of a more personel nature that he doesn't want to go in to.

Those swaying silver balloons are a bit distracting....lol...but for anyone interested in the case it's worth a watch.

[media=]

[/media]#!

Hickson talking starts at 6:35...

:tu:

that there were other 'encounters' of a more personel nature that he doesn't want to go in to.

Those swaying silver balloons are a bit distracting....lol...but for anyone interested in the case it's worth a watch.

[media=]

[/media]#!

Hickson talking starts at 6:35...

:tu:

like, omg! is that what they were supposed to look like, or was that someone's over-imaginative imagination?

hi bee, which site are you using to track? i'm getting melbourne.... link

On closer inspection you will find that 242 Exhibition Street Melbourne is a Telstra Internet address.

http://www.gps-data-...lstra_Melbourne

I looked at .... whatismyipaddress (.com)....and clicked on 'IP look up'...on the blue strip at the top.

And this takes the IP address in question to The Gold Coast, Surfers Paradise, south of Brisbane.

like, omg! is that what they were supposed to look like, or was that someone's over-imaginative imagination?

Hickson thinks they were a kind of robot....and the sticky out bits on the 'head' were antenna/aerials...

If you think about it..it would make sense to send a kind of examination pod...laboratory...small craft, and get 'robots' to do the work.

:)

On closer inspection you will find that 242 Exhibition Street Melbourne is a Telstra Internet address.

http://www.gps-data-...lstra_Melbourne

I looked at .... whatismyipaddress (.com)....and clicked on 'IP look up'...on the blue strip at the top.

And this takes the IP address in question to The Gold Coast, Surfers Paradise, south of Brisbane.

thanks bee for the clarification, yes, that would be the location of the isp as it mentions a specific range... i double checked it on some 'ip locators' and i'm not sure to what extent it is accurate tho... using the site which you provided doesn't give me my location correctly, it was way off... anyways, from that site... http://whatismyipadd...cation-accuracy other ip locator sites place that ip in brisbane, for instance... http://www.geobytes.com/IpLocator.htm

eta... http://www.iplocation.net has carbrook

Edited by mcrom901

thanks bee for the clarification, yes, that would be the location of the isp as it mentions a specific range... i double checked it on some 'ip locators' and i'm not sure to what extent it is accurate tho... using the site which you provided doesn't give me my location correctly, it was way off... anyways, from that site... http://whatismyipadd...cation-accuracy other ip locator sites place that ip in brisbane, for instance... http://www.geobytes.com/IpLocator.htm

On that link you posted it puts me in Birmingham...which is about 16 miles away. So it looks like a nearby city can be used...without pinpointing

the exact location of any given IP address.

The Brisbane area....is enough for me....to back up what I said.

If someone tampers with facts on a Wiki Page...at a vital moment in an 'argument'... You have to ask what their game is.

And question their honesty/sincerity.

And that's a fact.... ^_^

What's all this conspiracy theorising about tampering with Wiky the pedia stil? Are we still trying to argue that someone might have deliberately altered it in order to have their argument proved right? This seems to be getting almost as much of an obssession as certain people have with Walls.

• Like 2

eta... http://www.iplocation.net has carbrook

How are you supposed to find out the IP Address to enter into those?

What's all this conspiracy theorising about tampering with Wiky the pedia stil? Are we still trying to argue that someone might have deliberately altered it in order to have their argument proved right? This seems to be getting almost as much of an obssession as certain people have with Walls.

I've said all I need to say....unless 'someone' puts me in a position where I have to come back to it...

How are you supposed to find out the IP Address to enter into those?

keep up Colonel....go back and read some of the previous posts.

It's all about the size of the 'craft' and how it is important to some...to keep it as small as possible.

Apparently size DOES matter.... :rofl:

On that link you posted it puts me in Birmingham...which is about 16 miles away. So it looks like a nearby city can be used...without pinpointing

the exact location of any given IP address.

the last link from my ^^ edit says...

3. How accurate is IP-based Geolocation?

Accuracy of geolocation database varies depending on which database you use. For IP-to-country database, some vendors claim to offer 98% to 99% accuracy although typical Ip2Country database accuracy is more like 95%. For IP-to-Region (or City), accracy range anywhere from 50% to 75% if neighboring cities are treated as correct. Considering that there is no official source of IP-to-Region information, 50+% accuracy is pretty good.

The Brisbane area....is enough for me....to back up what I said.

If someone tampers with facts on a Wiki Page...at a vital moment in an 'argument'... You have to ask what their game is.

And question their honesty/sincerity.

And that's a fact.... ^_^

i can only say that wiki is not a reliable source, unless one checks the given references... so it doesn't matter what wiki says, it's not the deciding factor in a debate as to what is actually accurate, that's just my 2c... :)

I've said all I need to say....unless 'someone' puts me in a position where I have to come back to it...

keep up Colonel....go back and read some of the previous posts.

It's all about the size of the 'craft' and how it is important to some...to keep it as small as possible.

Apparently size DOES matter.... :rofl:

I know what the argument's about, but i'm afraid it really is straying well into paranoia to try to suggest that people may have deliberately altered something purely in order to have their argument proved right on an Inter net forum. That's as paranoid as accusing people of setting up duplicate accounts to pretend that there's support for their arguments in threads about Ancient Aliens, for instance.

Edited by Colonel Rhuairidh

i can only say that wiki is not a reliable source, unless one checks the given references... so it doesn't matter what wiki says, it's not the deciding factor in a debate as to what is actually accurate, that's just my 2c... :)

tell that to the someone who went to the trouble to make the timely edit....not me.

But it is a salutary warning that Wiki is on the front line for information AND disinformation on the internet.

if you don't register on wiki and edit pages the ip address gets registered as a reference, in this case... http://en.wikipedia....&action=history

How do those ISP Locator things work, I mean?

God, i hate the phrase "Google is your friend". Google is not actually my friend, it's a gigantic American owned mega-corporation that crushes competition through its sheer size, and has appallingly poor customer service to users of, for example, its Youtube subsidiary. I'll try to ask again, but I don't suppose I'll be likely to get any sensible answer: how do these ISP locator things work, please?

God, i hate the phrase "Google is your friend". Google is not actually my friend, it's a gigantic American owned mega-corporation that crushes competition through its sheer size, and has appallingly poor customer service to users of, for example, its Youtube subsidiary. I'll try to ask again, but I don't suppose I'll be likely to get any sensible answer: how do these ISP locator things work, please?

why do you want to know?

and please feel free to use any search engine of your choice.... :innocent:

why do you want to know?

and please feel free to use any search engine of your choice.... :innocent:

oh forget it, you're just messing about.

I'll try to ask again, but I don't suppose I'll be likely to get any sensible answer: how do these ISP locator things work, please?

simples. Every internet account is given an IP address, ie, the address of your pc/connected devices. Its a bit like your postcode/zipcode...

just click either of the 2 links below and read what info is available about you, right now, to anyone on the internet. (scroll down page for the info)

http://www.ip-adress.com/ip_tracer/

http://www.ip-tracker.org/

Likewise, you can enter someone else IP address and find their approx location

simples. Every internet account is given an IP address, ie, the address of your pc/connected devices. Its a bit like your postcode/zipcode...

just click either of the 2 links below and read what info is available about you, right now, to anyone on the internet. (scroll down page for the info)

http://www.ip-adress.com/ip_tracer/

http://www.ip-tracker.org/

Likewise, you can enter someone else IP address and find their approx location

Well, it seems slightly nearer the mark this time. The first time I tried that second one, it suggested Yokohama, Japan, which was slightly off.

My IP Currency: Pound sterling (GBP)

Well, it seems slightly nearer the mark this time. The first time I tried that second one, it suggested Yokohama, Japan, which was slightly off.

My IP Currency: Pound sterling (GBP)

well while I don't want to derail someone else thread, yes they both give me slightly differing info, but maybe because thats a FREE service. Paid for services will no doubt offer up the landline number too, as thats linked to the IP, obviously perhaps - and full address with maybe even a name.

Im a debtor tracer by occupation, and I usually find a stack of info on people or companies with the net alone, but for more precise info, we pay for trace software thats literally scary for the info it has on peeps. I once traced myself, (no I wasn't lost- just curios) and Im baffled how come so much info was there, and spot on, and quite worried that this kind of thing is available to pretty much anyone - who wants to pay. FYI as our software is company licensed I get to do searches for about £4 each, but then again, that may be company rates as we do it all day long.

Anyway, lets let the thread go back to the OP..

tard_zps4c5f6c98.jpg

?

Exactly, whos to say they obey the same laws as us. Just saying

Sorry, i haven't been following this thread, so it may be perfectly clear if only I'd been paying attention, but what does this mean exactly?

:unsure2:

Howdy Colonel

Is Colonel a promotion from Lord though? I did not think so? What's up there?

To clarify for you:

For me I agree with point one, but after that I still find the size of the craft not workable,

I cannot see a craft 8 foot by 8 foot even being able to leave the atmosphere, and I am not sure how the men, the aliens, and the carrot heads all fit in there.

the 20 years return trip indicates a fabricated story to begin with

One of the man (Parker) claimed they came back 20 years later Bible Bashing. Here is the paragraph from Wikipedia.

In a later interview over 20 years after the initial incident, Parker's story became much more elaborate. Here Parker confessed to lying about fainting in sight of the creatures. He claimed that he was in fact conscious when the creatures took him on board the craft and led him into a room at the other end of a hallway to the left of the craft's entrance. He claims he was laid down on a sloped table and examined by a 'petite,' evidently female, being. Though he was paralyzed, he was able to observe the being inject a needle into the base of the underside of his penis. The being later communicated with him telepathically, suggesting that he had been taken for a reason. While he was not able to define it, Parker felt a sense of imminent harm. Nevertheless, he was led back outside the craft and deposited back into his original position unharmed. He then claimed that 19 years later, he came in contact with the same craft again. This time he voluntarily walked aboard the craft and met with the same female being that had examined his body in 1973. He claimed he had a conversation with the being, in English, in which she communicated to him a religious message. She informed him that they shared the same God, that the bible was an authentic text, and that her species wanted to live on earth but could not due to humanity's tendency towards war and destruction.

Same old warlike race spiel, with the added bonus of religious studies.

and the fact that the men are religious strikes me as motive for an indecent act they would want to cover up.

My their is the men got a few too many under their belt, and endeed up doing the horizontal mambo. I think their religious nature got the better of them, and they experineced trauma with regards to eternal damnation. As they story got popular, I think the pressure became too much for Parker, and he had a breakdown over it.

I feel subtle indicators support this conclusion.

The immediate and sizeable reaction from the press is also suspicious in my opinion.

Again from Wikipedia:

Hickson and Parker returned to work the day after the encounter (Friday, October 12). They did not initially discuss their purported UFO encounter, but coworkers noted that Parker seemed very anxious and preoccupied. Within hours, Sheriff Diamond telephoned the men at work, stating that news reporters were swarming in his office, seeking more information about the UFO story. An angry Hickson accused Diamond of breaking his confidentiality pledge, but Diamond insisted he had not done so, and that the case was too sensational to keep quiet.

Their time cannot be totally accounted for. I suspect this press release was to help their story along, based on the claim of a UFO being seen at Gautier, home town to these men. I have a feeling they may well have had to worry about repercussions as well as eternal damnation.