Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

never thought id say this...but

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#16    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 10,180 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:06 PM

View PostTimonthy, on 08 February 2013 - 12:55 PM, said:

I hope the link you PM'd was the proper explanation of rods as just bugs...

Edit: On the 720p version I have ripped there is a big ass bird at 1:47:25. (Also the truck scene starts at 1:46:22 for me).

Edit 2: Ooh I found your UFO at 1:47:30! It's a street lamp! Your frame is taken a fraction of a second after this one and with the resolution you were watching it, it would have been hard to see the pole.

hahaha...bl00dy compressed web videos again!  Plus a couple of beers to help lack of judgement along. So well spotted and thanks for looking. :tu: You're still shot is waaaay clearer than the ones I posted.

Still I think in retrospect the amount of time that films been out someone must have seen it too, but a quick google on it last nite revealed no-one else was caught out! Evidently as it was a lamp!

Ive oddly developed this thing of looking at sky shots in movies/photos, a completely pointless venture really...dont know if you'll remember the story/clips of the John Wayne film UFO?  That pretty much got me started, And the various newscasts which allegedly show stuff in the background scenes...

So glad you cleared this one up!

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#17    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 10,180 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:09 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 08 February 2013 - 01:27 PM, said:

Seeder, have you thought about asking Hollywood for a job, because allllll the editors and producers and others involved missed the street lamp, sorry, UFO.

:w00t:   you saw the stills I posted?... in Tomonthys pic it looks almost daylight to the version I watched. Plus I think its scene for about 2 seconds, an honest mistake but hey the movie was great!"

It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#18    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 7,490 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:11 PM

John Wayne film UFO?

I never saw this, any links? this should be interesting.....but give me a minute, just got to get off my horse and drink my milk.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#19    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 10,180 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:12 PM

View PostTimonthy, on 08 February 2013 - 01:33 PM, said:

If you thought that was crazy, check out the big ass bird shaped UFO!

Edit: Same scene too! Sooooo much UFO activity. Maybe they need Bruce Willis to save the day à la The Fifth Element...

man I should start watching stuff on the TV/DVD again, didnt even notice the bird/s

#20    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 7,490 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:14 PM

View Postseeder, on 08 February 2013 - 02:09 PM, said:

:w00t:   you saw the stills I posted?... in Tomonthys pic it looks almost daylight to the version I watched. Plus I think its scene for about 2 seconds, an honest mistake but hey the movie was great!"

Shame really, you could have worked in Hollywood beside John McTiernan. :cry:

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#21    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 10,180 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:17 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 08 February 2013 - 02:11 PM, said:

John Wayne film UFO?

I never saw this, any links? this should be interesting.....but give me a minute, just got to get off my horse and drink my milk.

hehe!.... yeh there was a buzz at the time about it, like there usually is, heres a link, not the best but you will get the jist

http://www.ufocasebook.com/rioufo.html

if you cant watch their vid ( I cant) .... then its everywhere  else, just google john wayne ufo!!   But dont get too excited.

#22    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,757 posts

• Being skeptical of the paranormal is a good thing.

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:58 PM

Good job, Timonthy. Very nice indeed. :tu:

I still await the compelling Exhibit A.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#23    DingoLingo

DingoLingo

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:25 PM

that was a close call.. seeder you nearly started a new ufo myth .. be more careful next time :P

#24    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,757 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:34 PM

I know,... that could have ended badly.

Posted Image

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#25    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 10,180 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:34 PM

View PostDingoLingo, on 08 February 2013 - 11:25 PM, said:

that was a close call.. seeder you nearly started a new ufo myth .. be more careful next time :P

:w00t:  yeh what a twit i feel.!!  Cant believe I watched it over and over for 5 mins or so!  But a few Belgium beers, (blonde beer called Leffe), and unexpected glints in web movies... ..whatever!! haha!!

#26    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,757 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:36 PM

View Postseeder, on 08 February 2013 - 11:34 PM, said:

:w00t:  yeh what a twit i feel.!!  Cant believe I watched it over and over for 5 mins or so!  But a few Belgium beers, (blonde beer called Leffe), and unexpected glints in web movies... ..whatever!! haha!!

It doesnt take much to create an alien star cruiser these days. :)

Edited by Hazzard, 08 February 2013 - 11:37 PM.

#27    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 17,799 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 04:10 AM

View PostHazzard, on 08 February 2013 - 11:34 PM, said:

I know,... that could have ended badly.

Posted Image
Just dont wear your High Dollar Tennis Shoes to those partys !

This is a Work in Progress!

#28    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,757 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 08:10 AM

View PostDONTEATUS, on 09 February 2013 - 04:10 AM, said:

Just dont wear your High Dollar Tennis Shoes to those partys !

... and dont drink the kool-aid.

#29    archernyc

archernyc

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,752 posts

• Respectful of believers and skeptics alike.

Posted 09 February 2013 - 03:19 PM

heehee

Attached Files

Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

#30    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

• It is later than you think.

Posted 09 February 2013 - 03:25 PM

View Postseeder, on 08 February 2013 - 05:48 AM, said:

ha - how can I be sure its a ufo? Well coz I watched it over and over for a few mins and didnt see any wings to IDENTIFY it as a plane. Which it almost is bound to be. Watching a movie on a pc screen doesn't allow for the best resolution tho.

Im not saying its aliens either, just to make that clear.

You would believe anything seeder!

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users