Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 2 votes

Secret life of modern-day witches

myrddin witches pagan

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#46    karmakazi

karmakazi

Crazy Cat Lady

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts

• That which does not kill us, makes us stranger.

Posted 06 September 2012 - 06:42 PM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 06 September 2012 - 06:34 PM, said:

Being with the wrong group ,and ruin any spiritual endeavor . Go solo ,and feel it out for yourself .
Having guidance always helps though . Maybe we should make a pagan thread ,for just asking questions in regard to pagan ritual and so forth.
People interested could get a few view points,and do what feels comfortable ?

In any case,my suggestion would be to read Lady Rheas book ,and try a spell .
You can modify them to your taste or need,and she touches on Buddhist,wiccan,and even Santeria workings .
It's a candle magick book .
The very first printing of this book ,which was very different that this incarnation ,was the book that influenced me the most ,when I started ,and its what I come back to ,when I just want something direct and powerful .
You can find it cheaper on amazon I think .
The Enchanted Candle,by Lady Rhea .
I also suggest you just start reading about what calls to you .
http://www.booksamil...a/9780806525785

I think having a thread for it would be a good idea.  I'm sure many people who come here (incl. lurkers) have questions about the various practices and concepts.   I'm always interested in learning more about any spiritual /religious practice just for the enjoyment of learning.

There is no greater risk in life than doing nothing.

#47    rashore

rashore

Telekinetic

• 7,591 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 06:53 PM

I'd like to eventually have a large iron cauldron for cooking. Usually you can find some better deals on them sourcing them through camping or cookware makers. Right now we just settle for using the brew kettle for when we want to make a big batch of something. It's huge, and has it's own cooking ring for it. I think originally it was sold as a crawdad/seafood boiler for large parties.
Eventually I want to do a barrel drum smoker and a large grate top grill too. We built a large firepit down by the pond, and I would love to use it for party sized cooking. We do use it for celebrating now.

And I totally agree with Simbi that being with the wrong crowd screws up any spiritual thing. It's the exact same thing as visiting a few churches before settling into a congregation that you like to worship with. When you aren't with the right people to mesh with, things are just not right. I've had several uncomfortable or awkward moments with other practitioners. Fortunately I've had a lot of good moments too.

#48    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 06 September 2012 - 08:02 PM

View Postkarmakazi, on 06 September 2012 - 06:42 PM, said:

I think having a thread for it would be a good idea.  I'm sure many people who come here (incl. lurkers) have questions about the various practices and concepts.   I'm always interested in learning more about any spiritual /religious practice just for the enjoyment of learning.
OK,I will start a thread for pagans ....
Anyone who practices can contribute,however,if there are questionable responses ,one must proceed with caution .
Everyone on this thread is on the same page,even if we use different methods,but we are not aware of all the practitioners on here,so we musti  tread lightly .
We also do not want novices making bad mistakes,but I have found,that people in more suburban areas,have no access to training,at all.
No mentors to talk to for guidance ,so this can be a learning tool .
What should we call the thread ?

Miss me?

#49    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

• 8,266 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 08:06 PM

How about Magick 101
And I'm not sure how much other people will want to contribute ,so ....if its just me ,I will try to do my best ,but my practices are ecclectic,and I do not adhere to all wiccan canon ,but I know most of it from my own early learnings .

Miss me?

#50    rashore

rashore

Telekinetic

• 7,591 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 08:16 PM

Maybe Pagan Practices 101? Pagan Information Center?

#51    GreenmansGod

GreenmansGod

Bio-Electric sentient being.

• 10,541 posts

• May the laughter ye give today return to thee 3 fold.

Posted 06 September 2012 - 08:23 PM

Sounds good.  I vote we call it Pagan Practices.  There is more to Paganism than magic.

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." Salman Rushdie

#52    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

• 8,266 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 08:49 PM

I will make it !

Miss me?

#53    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

• 8,266 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 08:57 PM

I'm not sure where it should go. Technically its part of religion and spirituality,but I don't want anyone flamed,so I will pit it in the other/off topic area.
I suggest if anyone is interested in answering questions,to also follow the thread . I will add the usual warnings and disclaimers .

Miss me?

#54    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

• 8,266 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 09:10 PM

http://www.unexplain...=0#entry4448290

Miss me?

Also tagged with myrddin, witches, pagan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users