Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Rebels Massacre Christians in Syria

AlasBabylon

" Members of the Free Syrian Army reportedly attacked the Christian-dominated al-Duvair village in Reef

on the outskirts of Homs on Monday, where they massacred its citizens, including women and children,

before the Syrian Army interfered. "

http://www.examiner.com/article/u-s-backed-syrian-rebels-reportedly-massacre-christian-village

Who cares about Christians? They have no more value than any other life. All life is valuable. The USA should NOT be in syria, in any form.

Who cares about Christians?

Vladimir Putin said he would protect Christians worldwide.

The Russian Orthodox Church asked Putin to protect Syrian Christians.

Who cares about Christians? They have no more value than any other life. All life is valuable. The USA should NOT be in syria, in any form.

I agree that we should not be in Syria. It would appear that in Syria all that life has very little value and that right now it's the Christians turn to be singled out. If the rebels did this it is probably intended as a provocation to draw the west into the conflict.

I agree that we should not be in Syria. It would appear that in Syria all that life has very little value and that right now it's the Christians turn to be singled out. If the rebels did this it is probably intended as a provocation to draw the west into the conflict.

yeah, what goes around comes around. Maybe it is payback for the inquisition and witch-burnings.

and these are the same people McCain wants to arm with American weapons.

yeah, what goes around comes around. Maybe it is payback for the inquisition and witch-burnings.

Hate much?

• Like 6

Already had this discussion last week. Did not know it would come so soon but am equally unsurprised that it has.

The writing is on the wall. This will be a slow process filled with UN resolutions, no-fly zones, and media filled propaganda over the evils of Assad while ignoring the complicity of all parties.

We have already taken sides at the cost of others, ignoring their innocence. Still the blood of martyrs (not just the religious but all who desire peace in their hearts) will be imprinted on the soil and will haunt us. The media will move on but the Earth, she never forgets but she does forgive.

• Like 3

Now is definitely a bad time to be a Christian in the Middle East, more than one country is going to extreme lengths to evict/kill them all.

• Like 3

Now is definitely a bad time to be a Christian in the Middle East, more than one country is going to extreme lengths to evict/kill them all.

What you say is true Wickian. I comfort myself with the fact that even in death we have the victory. I had a chance to walk in the Colosseum once and when I made my way up the uneven stairs onto the second level I saw a stainless steel Cross probably 20 ft tall. As a symbol it blew me away. When those martyrs were screaming out their last breaths in agony that Cross was already there. Their deaths are what made it as strong as it is and it is unconquerable for that reason.

Anything or anyone that gets in the way of the final victory, the demise of the Shiites and more importantly Iran, are just a necessary liability.

• Like 2

Hate much?

I dno't care for the post-2000 McCain.

• Like 1

Neither the inquisition nor the witch burnings were targetted toward Muslims, they were internal struggles mostly christian against christian.

• Like 1

Hate much?

Not much. Thank you for asking.

Neither the inquisition nor the witch burnings were targetted toward Muslims, they were internal struggles mostly christian against christian.

Still killing in the guise of religion for population mind-control issues. They must have people living in fear.

Edited by regeneratia

Killing in the guise of something unreligious is alright? Government must have people living in fear. That's how it controls people. Something terrible happens, everyone gets scared, and government makes its move. Government killed how many millions in the past 100 years alone? Why is that anymore excusable than killing far lesser numbers for alleged religious differences?

The US hasn't learned a damned thing from subsidizing Afghans in the '80s. We get consequences like 9/11/2001 and we go right back to making the same old mistakes just as ignorant about our self-sabotage as ever.

• Like 3

FYI, the majority of Christians in Syria (Syriac, Chaldean, Greek, Armenian,etc) support the Assad regime 100%. For the most part they are fighting alongside Assad's Alawite Shia and his Hezbollah allies against the western backed Sunni jihadists in order to maintain their Ba'thist secular state.

It's true 'that more than one country is going to extreme lengths to evict/kill them all' but what we should ask is why would the governments of the 'Christain West' continues to support the murder of their Christian Brethren in the Levant by the Sunni jihadist extremists?

Well, if it did came around, then the aim wasn't good! Around five centuries ago Catholic Spainiards founded the Inquistion; the Catholic and Protestant Swiss, Germans, British and American also started witch hunts, and now centuries later, a different people, living on a different continent, following a different church, the Orthodox Syrians should die for it and that is seen as a measure of pay back justice?! This brush is far too wide to be meaningful!

• Like 4

It's true 'that more than one country is going to extreme lengths to evict/kill them all' but what we should ask is why would the governments of the 'Christain West' continues to support the murder of their Christian Brethren in the Levant by the Sunni jihadist extremists?

Well.........profit.

First off, there's so many denominations of Christianity that for one group to identify with another group half way around the world simply because they are 'Christian' is unlikely.

Second, by 'Christian West' I assume you mean the western powers that are secular states in actuality. Sure, the majority may be Christian and they may even have declared a state religion, but if they were truly a Christian nation then no other belief would be seen within its borders.

Finally, they're capitalists. The major western nations all have a sizable arms industry. If you have a client, why wouldn't you do business? The bills have to be paid somehow.

Well, if it did came around, then the aim wasn't good! Around five centuries ago Catholic Spainiards founded the Inquistion; the Catholic and Protestant Swiss, Germans, British and American also started witch hunts, and now centuries later, a different people, living on a different continent, following a different church, the Orthodox Syrians should die for it and that is seen as a measure of pay back justice?! This brush is far too wide to be meaningful!

i find just about everything meaningful.

i find just about everything meaningful.

‘Everything’ might have meaning, but that meaning is not always just, good, or humane. Connecting disparate events in far flung places to justify the murder of innocent people as retaliation for crimes committed by others, elsewhere, in a totally different epoch can lead to random ‘meaning’. I prefer to search for meaning in germane, pertinent events.

• Like 1

‘Everything’ might have meaning, but that meaning is not always just, good, or humane. Connecting disparate events in far flung places to justify the murder of innocent people as retaliation for crimes committed by others, elsewhere, in a totally different epoch can lead to random ‘meaning’. I prefer to search for meaning in germane, pertinent events.

The broad brushes are everywhere meryt. When we treat every individual as a portrait unto themselves, all the broad brushes will come to an end.

• Like 4

What is good, just and humane is based on opinion. Innocent is also left up to interpretation. What is germane, pertinent is totally dependent on connotations and opinions.

Isnt Syria home to the majority Christians in the middle east?

What is good, just and humane is based on opinion. Innocent is also left up to interpretation. What is germane, pertinent is totally dependent on connotations and opinions.

I am not a believer in ethical relativism. I believe that there are universal fundamental moral principles among which are the sanctity of life and the prohibition of murdering people, particularly children, on the basis of their religion. From the OP « they massacred its citizens, including women and children”. If this massacre is to be relegated to ‘opinion, interpretation and connotation’, then pogroms and even the holocaust were an exercise of the expression of opinion, as would be the inquisition and the burning of witches which, according to you, are germane to the slaughter of Christians in Syria.

Though you stated your conviction of a connection between what happened recently in Syria with witch burning in Europe and North America 500 years ago, you never explained how or why. I admit that I totally fail to see any objective, reasonable connection or connotation whether cultural, historical, or even geographical. I would have asked you for an explanation, but it is obvious as you stated in your last post that your reasoning is a purely subjective one. It is also obvious that we will never agree even on the principles of the matter and therefore any further discussion of the matter is futile.

edited: font size

Edited by meryt-tetisheri
  • Like 2

Isnt Syria home to the majority Christians in the middle east?

No, Egypt is.

• Like 3

Modern day Syrian christians were responcible for that? I like you reg, but that was seriously messed up. Sorry but if someone killed my christian family, or friends, and you said this to me, Id have a hard time restraining myself from knocking you on your ass. If you were a man, I dont think id be able to stop myself.

Anyhow, these lunitics cant restrain themselfs long enough for the west to help them take over. Imagine the monsters they will become once they do. Then again, just look at Lybia to find that out.

Edited by preacherman76
  • Like 1