Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Local Residents Spot Bigfoot In West Virginia

Still Waters

For decades its existence has been debated, thorough searches have found no conclusive evidence, but a pair of Tipp City women reportedly have the definite answer as they claim to have seen…Bigfoot. Terri Bessler and Crystal Krieger were driving through West Virginia when in the clear of day they spotted the behemoth mythical figure.It was walking up a truck ramp, off of the highway, up into the wooded mountains.

“It was huge, there is no way it was a person,” said Bessler, owner of Midwest Memories. The figure was a solid shade of black, and showed no definition of any clothing lines.

Krieger is in agreement that the ever elusive Bigfoot was seen. “If it was a real person, it was the biggest person in the world. And where would they be going? There is nothing up there but woods,” she said.

Unfortunately, Bessler could not tame her anxiety ridden hands enough to get a picture. By the time she maintained enough control of her phone to take one, they were around the curve and out of viewing distance.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Neognosis

• DieChecker

• OverSword

• orangepeaceful79

A half a mile away? How can they identify it or rule a known animal out at that distance? They certainly cant accurately comment on the scale of it and whether or not it is too big to be human.

”And where would they be going? There is nothing up there but woods,” she said.

I'm going to give this my best shot.....But don't quote me on this...Could it have been the woods?

Edited by ELFIS

very much likely bears... or even woods/branches at night. Look, I was born and raised in west virginia, i lived on the side of a mountain in marmet west virginia, the woods at night, in sunlight.. you would be amazwd at what you see, sometimes when there is a breeze, the woods actually move with other woods, i mean trees :P one tree branch, or small tree can sway and move and then another tree right next/behind/gront of it will sway and move and from a distance it looks like a creature/person. heh or if the leaves are damp, and moonlight glitters just right, you can tell your kids on camping trips that it is fairies dancing in the leaves.

but bears also are common. i mean, i remember in kanawa city (just outside of marmet), that in the local donut shop, bears were raiding the trash bins, and across the street from the donut shop was a big boys resteraunt and the bears would raid the bins there too.

Given the 0.5 mile distance, the resolving power of the human eye is around 30 to 60 cm. So, without some profound visual aids for comparison, one could easily misconstrue a standing bear for some other entity.

I've lived in West Virginia all my life, and I've seen some pretty weird stuff.... But definitely never a bigfoot.

I DO, however, encounter bears on a regular basis. They can get up on two legs and give you quite a scare if you see them in the dark. I can see where they could have made the mistake...

The half mile thing gives me pause as well.

Now that being said I too grew up in WV and have seen some pretty strange things while traipsing around in the woods. I have not seen a BF in WV, I do know others who have seen them there. I have no doubt WV is prime real estate for them. And with mountain top mining going full speed ahead there I would guess that the beasties are being driven from their ancestral homes due to loss and/opoisoningng of their habitat. Its probably likely that more encounters will follow.

Its very strange when something unusual happens or occurs,that humans set out to strongly discredit the phenomenon.Is it because they are scared of the truth ?.Until proven we should keep an open mind and not discredit other people .

re Agent D.Scully,how do you tell the difference between a brown bear and a grizzly bear...??? well if you climb up a tree the brown bear will climb after you,but the grizzly bear will shake you out of it,but if you see one in the dark...leg it quickly before it sees you,as they can run just as fast..Seasons Greetings.

Its very strange when something unusual happens or occurs,that humans set out to strongly discredit the phenomenon.Is it because they are scared of the truth ?.Until proven we should keep an open mind and not discredit other people .

Keeping an open mind shouldnt mean ignoring the most obvious and simplest explanations. Eye witness accounts are in no way the most accurate form of evidence

I am a believer, screw all the non-believers! Open your mind and see, really see, take a look around you and after a while it will all make sense, it's a scattered puzzle, but it can be put back together!

I live in west virginia currently and I have had an encounter with something that could be described as bigfoot, I was fishing at the boat ramp just down the ball fields where my brother was playing football and I kept hearing what sounded like brush moving and then started to hear things hitting the water like they were being thrown. I kept looking behind me but didnt see anything, after about five mins or so of this happening I heard something running through the brush about ten feet or so behind me and I saw something run out of the brush and cross the road. It was a reddish brown color and it wasnt a deer because I actually had something to base its size from because it ran right behind one of the 3 or 4 foot tall concrete poles and it was a good 4 feet taller than the concrete pole. And I am not the only one who has had a sighting there either, My friend Chris and his friend Mike were out night fishing on the river and they were anchored just outside the mouth of the creek that runs along the boat ramp, they both said to me that they watched a 7 or 8 foot tall bipedal creature that walked down to the rivers edge squatted down and started to use its hand to scoop up water out of the river and drink it

I live in west virginia currently and I have had an encounter with something that could be described as bigfoot, I was fishing at the boat ramp just down the ball fields where my brother was playing football and I kept hearing what sounded like brush moving and then started to hear things hitting the water like they were being thrown. I kept looking behind me but didnt see anything, after about five mins or so of this happening I heard something running through the brush about ten feet or so behind me and I saw something run out of the brush and cross the road. It was a reddish brown color and it wasnt a deer because I actually had something to base its size from because it ran right behind one of the 3 or 4 foot tall concrete poles and it was a good 4 feet taller than the concrete pole. And I am not the only one who has had a sighting there either, My friend Chris and his friend Mike were out night fishing on the river and they were anchored just outside the mouth of the creek that runs along the boat ramp, they both said to me that they watched a 7 or 8 foot tall bipedal creature that walked down to the rivers edge squatted down and started to use its hand to scoop up water out of the river and drink it

Sounds like a deer, some of the males can grow huge.

http://www.desertusa.com/mag99/june/papr/wtdeer.html"]My link[/url]

Sounds like a deer, some of the males can grow huge.

I grew up hunting and I have never seen a whitetail get that large anywhere as I said in my previous post it was a good four feet taller than the concrete post that was in front of it and to the best of my knowledge whitetails while they can get quite large wont reach seven or eight feet tall and that is including the antlers on the male.

Edited by mgessel

re Agent D.Scully,how do you tell the difference between a brown bear and a grizzly bear...??? well if you climb up a tree the brown bear will climb after you,but the grizzly bear will shake you out of it,but if you see one in the dark...leg it quickly before it sees you,as they can run just as fast..Seasons Greetings.

Hopefully no Grizzly Bears are in West Virginia. They are supposed to be extinct in the lower 48 states except around Yellowstone park, Northern Montana, and possibly Northern Idaho, and Northern Washington State.

From the description, it sounds like my ex-mother in-law. she always liked to camp out. :cat:

If these women are telling the truth then what we have here is a genuine mystery. The Bigfoot enigma continues. Sure there have been many hoaxes but underneath it all lies a real question that has not been satisfactorily answered. To me.

I am a believer, screw all the non-believers! Open your mind and see, really see, take a look around you and after a while it will all make sense, it's a scattered puzzle, but it can be put back together!

People have been taking a look around for a long time. They just cannot come up with anything. There is nothing there.

More "cool story bro" stuff - the rational types among us scoff and the believers wet themselves.

And that's about all it is.

Perhaps these two are the descendants of the Mothman witnesses.

The Bigfoot enigma continues. Sure there have been many hoaxes but underneath it all lies a real question that has not been satisfactorily answered. To me.

What would be a "satisfactory answer" to you?

Because everything we know about our ecology tells us that there is not a species of giant ape in our ecosystem. And there is also no physical evidence.

So what is "unsatisfactory" to you, and what would satisfy you one way or another.

What would be a "satisfactory answer" to you?

Because everything we know about our ecology tells us that there is not a species of giant ape in our ecosystem. And there is also no physical evidence.

So what is "unsatisfactory" to you, and what would satisfy you one way or another.

No physical evidence except foot prints, unidentified hair samples, and photo's which may either be or not be the alleged bigfoot, and sound recordings which are claimed to be sasquatch and remain unidentified by supposed sound experts (how you get that title I have no idea).

And of course hundreds of sightings by everyone from rednecks to police officers to now deceased Presidents of the United States are not physical evidence.

Until there is a corpse some people will never be convinced of even the possibility of bigfoot's existence, therefore I say may the non-believers long exist, as I have not such a burning need to see people believe that one of the creatures must die.