Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Planetary Alignment

elvismay

2010planetaryalignmentg.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Planet alignment raises tsunami fears

Evacuation drill held on Surat Thani island

* Published: 12/06/2010 at 12:00 AM

* Newspaper section: News

Reports that the alignment of the planets might cause a tsunami in Andaman coastal provinces have led to emergency evacuation drills being conducted on an island in Surat Thani.

The drill yesterday on Rad Island in Don Sak district, located 1km from the mainland, was organised by the National Disaster Warning Centre (NDWC), the Information and Communication Technology Ministry and local authorities.

Residents received training in communications and rescue and relief efforts in the event of a tsunami.

During the exercise, 150 residents took cover in the municipal office.

The drill also included practice search and rescue operations for passengers of capsized vessels using a helicopter and a police patrol boat.

Earlier, Kongpop U-yen, a Thai engineer who works at the US National Aeronatics and Space Administration (Nasa), said the alignment of the planets today could cause natural disasters such as earthquakes and tsunamis.

NDWC chief Smith Dharmasarojana agreed with the forecast, saying it was backed by scientific data.

The forecast, however, met with criticism from the scientific community as authorities did not clarify the prediction.

Mr Smith recently said during a TV interview that a solar eclipse was due to occur on June 12 as a result of the alignment of the Earth, the moon and the sun.

He said the alignment would release considerable cumulative energy, which could affect the Earth. Mr Smith, quoting Mr Kongpop, said the phenomenon would have a direct impact on the Earth in the forms of climate disruption, earthquakes and volcanic eruptions.

As to which part of the world would be affected by the disasters, Mr Kongpop said that depended on the time the sun unleashed its energy.

It was hard to exactly locate the target area as the Earth revolved around the sun, he said.

Mr Smith said that Southeast Asia could be the first region to be affected if the planetary alignment, due to occur at 6.30pm local time, triggers natural disasters.

A 7.0-8.5 magnitude earthquake on the Richter scale could occur, possibly causing a tsunami.

"The warning is something to consider, not to be panicked about. We cannot rely 100% on any theory," Mr Smith said. But he said he believed the predicted disaster might happen.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Agent. Mulder

• elvismay

• Abramelin

• J.B.

Sorry no alignment as you have pictured. Here is an image from a solar system simulator set for 6/13/2010 as you can see the outer planets are no where near alignment.

wspace.jpg

Sorry no alignment as you have pictured. Here is an image from a solar system simulator set for 6/13/2010 as you can see the outer planets are no where near alignment.

wspace.jpg

oh..damn..:(

That was just a picture I found on the net. So maybe it's suppose to show the final result after the

eclipse?

http://angelsghosts.com/planetary_alignment_ghosts.html

Edited by elvismay

so what does that mean? lol ...

It means there's no alignment happening like the one in your original post anytime soon.

And also because the mass of all the planets combined total only .135% the mass of the sun, the gravitational effect on the earth of any kind of alignment would be vastly overcome by the steadying gravitational attraction of the sun. As long as the planets stay nicely in their orbits, of course.

http://www.solarviews.com/eng/solarsys.htm

the last major planet alingment scare was when all of the planets lined up in a line. it was supposed to pull a solar flare off big enough to consume the earth. there are two problems with this scare.

1 no such alingment ever took place.

2 we are still here.

and the one before that gave us the great tour of the outer planets by the voyagers.

The gravitational pull of the sun is far greater than the combined effects of the planets by many orders of magnitude.

The tidal effects of the moon are several times that of the sun, and none of the planets have measurable tidal effects on us.

This whole idea that "planetary alignments" affect anything is silly...

Edited by Torgo

so what does that mean? lol ...

read the comments and replies before this. :) that should explain a lot. :) happy foruming...

It means there's no alignment happening like the one in your original post anytime soon.

And if it did, it would have absolutely no effect on us at all.

The biggest effect planetary allignments have is on our telescoping and astrology, lol. The telescoping because it does affect what we can see of the other worlds. Astrology because. . . well, every damn thing the planets and stars do affects that.

There is this great invention called the internet. Second best is of course Google...

Within just a few minutes I dug up a couple of sites that should be able to cure doomsday m********ors from their most loved fantasies.

http://www.etsu.edu/physics/etsuobs/starprty/22099dgl/planalign.htm

http://www.ehow.com/about_6301105_planetary-alignment-history.html

• 1 month later...

The biggest effect planetary allignments have is on our telescoping and astrology, lol. The telescoping because it does affect what we can see of the other worlds. Astrology because. . . well, every damn thing the planets and stars do affects that.

...What? I dont get the telescope and astrology connection.

Wow. For astrology aficionados the kids born that day are going to have t-squares and oppositions from hell in their natal charts.

Edited by Siara

if you believe the bible,a planetary alignment is what created the star that led the wisemen to find jesus in bethlehem.

Wow. For astrology aficionados the kids born that day are going to have t-squares and oppositions from hell in their natal charts.

I agree. At the moment there is a T-square configuration; Saturn in Libra opposing Uranus and Jupiter at around zero degrees Aries both square Pluto in Capricorn. This astrological configuration relates to global affairs and the masses and indicates dramatic events. Concerning the July Solar Eclipse in Cancer, a water sign; this past week we have seen devastating floods in Pakistan displacing around 14 million people and major mud slides in China, wiping out entire towns and killing many people. These are the type of events astrologers expect to see with these astrological placements.

I was saying that the alignment, assuming it happened, would affect those two science/pseudo-sciences, not that they were connected to each other. (Astrology and telescoping)

if you believe the bible,a planetary alignment is what created the star that led the wisemen to find jesus in bethlehem.

Nope. That was most likely orions belt i think. Not planets.

I agree. At the moment there is a T-square configuration; Saturn in Libra opposing Uranus and Jupiter at around zero degrees Aries both square Pluto in Capricorn. This astrological configuration relates to global affairs and the masses and indicates dramatic events. Concerning the July Solar Eclipse in Cancer, a water sign; this past week we have seen devastating floods in Pakistan displacing around 14 million people and major mud slides in China, wiping out entire towns and killing many people. These are the type of events astrologers expect to see with these astrological placements.

Yet the disasters on earth have nothing to do with astrology.

Nope. That was most likely orions belt i think. Not planets.

No, most likeley it was a conjunction of Mars, Jupiter and Saturn, something which occurs once a millenium or something.

Orion's Belt is there every day, but not that conjunction.

The Three Magi were astrologers, and they were not chasing some 'super nova', or comet, or the ever visible Orion's Belt. They did what Tibetan Lamas do nowadays: they cast a horoscope to see where their 'reincarnated Master' will be reborn.

Maybe that horoscope had nothing to do with any conjunction at all, but just with some special 'aspect of planets' in the horoscope.

No, most likeley it was a conjunction of Mars, Jupiter and Saturn, something which occurs once a millenium or something.

Orion's Belt is there every day, but not that conjunction.

The Three Magi were astrologers, and they were not chasing some 'super nova', or comet, or the ever visible Orion's Belt. They did what Tibetan Lamas do nowadays: they cast a horoscope to see where their 'reincarnated Master' will be reborn.

Maybe that horoscope had nothing to do with any conjunction at all, but just with some special 'aspect of planets' in the horoscope.

Ehhh, i think it may have been orions still. The planet idea is possible, but ill stick with my idea. With the 3 stars (or kings?) going to the birth place.

But, were not gonna know. And, its why im building a time machine (so if you have any extra dough laying around abramelin, id appreciate it :P )

Ehhh, i think it may have been orions still. The planet idea is possible, but ill stick with my idea. With the 3 stars (or kings?) going to the birth place.

But, were not gonna know. And, its why im building a time machine (so if you have any extra dough laying around abramelin, id appreciate it :P )

Well, when you finally go, you know what they will say, "watch out for the Klingons around Uranus".

Time machine...hmm... hit yourself on the head with a club. The next time you open your eyes you will be many hours 'in the future'.....

Abramelin,

Pretty hard to pull that off if they're cloaked. :alien:

It could also be Nibiru very near by and cloaked as well, which is why we didn't see it park nearby and very probably what screwed up the in line alignment lineup.

It came in conjunction with the QVC Gold special they've been having lately.

AH, and the Knife Channel's special of 199 knives for a measly $29.99 where every order get's an Alien knife, it the big bohunken thing that resembles a waste of 6lbs of 440 steel that used to be a battleship before it was melted down.

I'm surprised the zodiac doesn't point to the DARPA arrays that have screwed up our weather.

Y'all are all looking to the planets to be affecting us by their gravity. The planets are black holes; with two vortices. I do not think they have to be aligned. Ever watched a tornado? Just shoot me when you're ready. But the sun controls them! And the sun is about ready to flip axis!