Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Why are there so many versions of Bigfoot?

Still Waters

what makes all these gigantic footprints that has been found then?

We really do not have many footprints. Many people have admitted to faking the footprints.

It seems fairly obvious to me. To many people one of the scariest things is a man-like beast. The intelligence of a man, but the wild animal behavior. Heck, even my mon and dad told me to stay in bed or the boogey man would get me. A big wild mani-like beast living in the woods is a frightening thought. I think this is the basis of most of the stories in cultures.

Modern reasons are probably more due to an unknown man-like beast is much more interesting than an unknown rodent.

I'm picturing unknown man-like beast jumping on a rock as unknown rodent scurries by....

what makes all these gigantic footprints that has been found then?

Seemingly something with one leg that flies. And that likes to do touch-and-goes all over the US.

Edited by QuiteContrary

Bigfoot is an appealing character. He's huge and frightening yet unlike bears he has killed anyone or even injured anyone that I know of -- he's like King Kong, just misunderstood. He's smart since he's constantly finding ways to appear and disappear. He can somehow survive in conditions that would starve a bear. No one has ever caught Bigfoot digging through their garbage at night so he's not a pest.

If Bigfoot existed, he would be a lot of people's favorite animal.

No your not quite right there. We believed the Coalecanth to be EXTINCT, we knew it had existed because we had a fossil record of it. There is no proven documentation for Bigfoot. You cannot use the same argument for bigfoot because we have no solid proof that it exists.

Using the same logic, that is really only partly correct. There are fossils of the coalecanth true, but there are also fossils/remains of neanderthals, homo erectus, and the often brought up gigantopithicus. The fact the fossils are not found in North America and that H.Erectus died out hundreds of thousands of years ago are not relevant in the context you posted, as the Coalecanth fossils were on the order of millions of years old.

Ancient homonids had plenty of chance to get to various places, it is simply that we've not seen any evidence that they actually did. But in places like Siberia, there were ancient homonids and there are vast tracts of wilderness, and the homonids could possibly still be there. Unlikely but possible.

• Like 3

That would could be answered with how we know of our own evolution. In other words, why are there different races of people...

Simply answered as adaptation by the types of environments they lived in, also with a different diet and climate.

Again as simple as can be proven with BEARS!!

• Brown Bear
  • Black Bear
  • Polar Bear (White)
  • Panda Bear (Black & White)

That would could be answered with how we know of our own evolution. In other words, why are there different races of people...

Simply answered as adaptation by the types of environments they lived in, also with a different diet and climate.

Again as simple as can be proven with BEARS!!

• Brown Bear
  • Black Bear
  • Polar Bear (White)
  • Panda Bear (Black & White)

To take your instance of 'black' bears for example. They are in fact true black (most common), brown (lesser so), cinnamon (rarer, with a reddish hue), blue (quite rare, so black that their hair appears bluish in the sun) and white (extremely rare, the Kermode's from here in B.C.).Back to the bigfoot debate, I also don't believe that God exists but until the day I meet either the Supreme Being or a Sasquatch, I'm keeping my mind open.

WOW! Bipedal apes roaming the entire planet and yet not one shred of scientific evidence exists.

Truly mysterious!

hate to burst your bubble but we have over documented evidence of over 17 species of penguin and nothing more than a blurry handi cam video of bigfoot...

you're not bursting my bubble at all.

if the person asks the quesion "Why so many versions of BigFoot", then I assume I can reply to him in the sense of understanding between US that BF exists. After all, that is exactly what the question implies (yes questions can imply and be false implications, eg, "Why did you kill your mother?" being asked to someone who did not kill his mother. 10-4?)

it's really not that hard to understand. But for you, I will reword it as "Why would you find it difficult to believe that if bigfoot exists, there can be more than one species/variety?"

happy?

Edited by Earl.Of.Trumps

The elusive bigfoot... I dont think i believe, but i want to believe ...

Why are there so many versions of Bigfoot ? - a good question that.

Why so many versions of "the bible" is another.

I'm more inclined to believe in bigfoot!!

• Like 1

you're not bursting my bubble at all.

if the person asks the quesion "Why so many versions of BigFoot", then I assume I can reply to him in the sense of understanding between US that BF exists. After all, that is exactly what the question implies (yes questions can imply and be false implications, eg, "Why did you kill your mother?" being asked to someone who did not kill his mother. 10-4?)

it's really not that hard to understand. But for you, I will reword it as "Why would you find it difficult to believe that if bigfoot exists, there can be more than one species/variety?"

happy?

not particularly, bored actually. you see i think that speculation on the colour of invisible unicorns is stupid too but im sure you can come up with a reasonable arguement for it yes?

the question implies bigfoot exists, i think when speculating, regarding the different varieties of made up creature that the best place to start is the "generic" type. since this does not exist its a rather stupid line of questioning.

ergo,

the best answer is to look at the different reports made by people and see that no one can agree on what there seeing because there misinterpreting / lying / hallucinating.

there are not different "breeds" of bigfoot, only different stories told by people.

Diechecker thank you for that response it was smart with no insult very well done please check out the lecture on youtube everything you know is wrong i think you may find it very interesting and is were i got my idea

Edited by tantalusw

Diechecker thank you for that response it was smart with no insult very well done please check out the lecture on youtube everything you know is wrong i think you may find it very interesting and is were i got my idea

Edited by tantalusw

Nope, not true.

the only way that thjs isnt true, is jf davey crocket didnt really exist, which would come as no suprise as a majority of history is made up.

not particularly, bored actually. you see i think that speculation on the colour of invisible unicorns is stupid too but im sure you can come up with a reasonable arguement for it yes?

the question implies bigfoot exists, i think when speculating, regarding the different varieties of made up creature that the best place to start is the "generic" type. since this does not exist its a rather stupid line of questioning.

ergo,

the best answer is to look at the different reports made by people and see that no one can agree on what there seeing because there misinterpreting / lying / hallucinating.

there are not different "breeds" of bigfoot, only different stories told by people.

In here, believers of BF realise that non-believers are here, too, and visa-vera.

Generlaly we understand our differences and peacefully coexcist.

why you chose the middle of that post to try to make it a "it does exist"... "it doesn't exist".. thread is beyond me, but whatever.

in some other context that would be OK, I guess

the only way that thjs isnt true, is jf davey crocket didnt really exist, which would come as no suprise as a majority of history is made up.

Are you being serious? The only way that Davey Crocket didn't kill a bigfoot is if Davey did not exist?

In the 90's a type of antelope was discovered in southeast asia called the Saola aka Asian Unicorn.

It wasn't known to western society but the locals always knew of it's existence.

I suppose it's possible that an undiscovered ape is lurking through the forrest and mountains of it's habitat.

That's why I'm not so quick to debunk a Phenomena that has mass sightings.

Just keeping an open mind to the possibilities.

• Like 1

Just because an animal has more than one species, subspecies or variety alone says nothing about its existence. There are two gorillas; mountain and lowland, there are two orangs subspecies; Bornean and Sumatran, there are chimps and bonobos, and apparently a "giant" chimp (?). If bigfoot exists, and I have my doubts, then it could also have subspecies if separated by mountains, oceans, etc. But when I hear about a bigfoot like creature in Australia that really strains credulity. Aside from man and the dogs man brought with him (dingos) the only placental mammals that made it down under were bats, which can fly, and a few rats and mice which hitched a ride on flotsam. Only when Europeans arrived was there a flood of placental mammal species. Bigfoot did not canoe over to Australia.

Just because an animal has more than one species, subspecies or variety alone says nothing about its existence. There are two gorillas; mountain and lowland, there are two orangs subspecies; Bornean and Sumatran, there are chimps and bonobos, and apparently a "giant" chimp (?). If bigfoot exists, and I have my doubts, then it could also have subspecies if separated by mountains, oceans, etc. But when I hear about a bigfoot like creature in Australia that really strains credulity. Aside from man and the dogs man brought with him (dingos) the only placental mammals that made it down under were bats, which can fly, and a few rats and mice which hitched a ride on flotsam. Only when Europeans arrived was there a flood of placental mammal species. Bigfoot did not canoe over to Australia.

But surely creatures existed there before the sand banks to the north were walkable. To me it sounds like your ignoring the fact that we have platypus', emus, cassowaries, kangaroos, wombats, wallaby's, quoka's and quolls, and others. Doesn't rule out the fact that a giant ape could have existed here before aborigine's arrived. All along the coasts (barring the north) is a chain of forrests, over west here we have the Darling Range, which when it reaches Pemberton, becomes a forrest of ridiculously huge trees and is very damp. Then over east you have the mangroves and rainforrests, which could have supported an ape in prehistory.

In the 90's a type of antelope was discovered in southeast asia called the Saola aka Asian Unicorn.

It wasn't known to western society but the locals always knew of it's existence.

The Saola is similar to other wildlife in its habitat. Its discovery was nice but not much of a surprise. Bigfoot on the other hand is unlike any species in any area. If it exists, no one could speculate from what species it evolved from or how it survives in its habitat.

It's interesting that we were eventually able to discover the Saola and take perfectly clear pictures of it yet the larger slower Bigfoot remains elusive.

Seeing as no-one appears to have asked, I will. Hope no-one's offended as it's genuinely not intended as a joke or racial slur of any kind.

Does the Chinese bigfoot have slanty eyes?

• Like 3