Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

TSA proposal to allow knives on planes delay

Commander CMG

The US transport safety authority has delayed a proposal to allow some small pocket knives aboard US flights for the first time since the 9/11 attacks.

The policy shift, which encountered fierce resistance from the public and the flight attendants' union, was to take effect on 25 April.

The delay was announced by Transportation Security Administration (TSA) chief John Pistole on Monday.

arrow3.gifView: Read More

Small pocket knives, those things you can not buy in most countries in souvenir shops!!

Personally I think people should carry what they want, but with the amount of nutters out there in our world I think its safer to leave the knives at home and if they really need it and feel it is necessary to carry one for what ever life threatening situation they feel they may encounter in which it would be needed, then they can buy one in the country they are going to on arrival.

Its only a pocket knife FGS!

The thing that amused me was when they wouldn't even allow nailclippers. I mean, seriously, how does one use a nailclipper to hijack a plane.

• Like 2

The thing that amused me was when they wouldn't even allow nailclippers. I mean, seriously, how does one use a nailclipper to hijack a plane.

I could do more damage with the tray they serve the meal on than with a knife.

• Like 2

I could do more damage with the tray they serve the meal on than with a knife.

or the food they serve.

airplane-food-nasilamak.jpg

• Like 2

Have you ever clipped your nails too short???

That would get my attention..... :innocent: