Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Meet the Breatharian Who Lives on Energy

kirby de lanerolle breatharian

• Please log in to reply
114 replies to this topic

#46    Timonthy

Timonthy

Placid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 08:43 AM

View PostRolci, on 30 June 2013 - 01:06 PM, said:

It's like saying with the double slit experiment that it's impossible for the electron to go through both holes and neither at the same time.
It's like that how? Comparing something with no basis or evidence to something documented, proven and explained through accepted theory?

Posted Image

#47    baro67

baro67

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 116 posts

• That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

Posted 01 July 2013 - 08:55 AM

That is not dead which can eternal wait, And over with strange aeons even death may die

#48    ChrLzs

ChrLzs

Just a contributor..

• 3,246 posts

• I only floccinaucinihilipilificate
    when it IS worthless...

Posted 01 July 2013 - 12:19 PM

View Postouija ouija, on 30 June 2013 - 05:09 PM, said:

When my son was born I had no breast milk.
Really?  None at all?  If that is true, then ..

The midwife who visited me each day was adamant that it would soon appear and my son would be fine until that happened.
If you were truly producing nothing and she did not tell you to use a proper baby formula in the meantime, at least every 3-5 hours, that midwife should be up for prosecution.

After the fourth full day of him not consuming anything, not even water, I cracked and started giving him powdered milk.
It is EXTREMELY irresponsible to post such dangerous misinformation.  If a newborn went without milk for more than even, say 6 hours it would already be at risk of various problems - much longer and the results would not bear thinking about..  Ask any doctor or real midwife.

He was absolutely fine up until then ...
If he was, then he was either getting formula from bottles that you are conveniently forgetting, or you were in fact producing enough breast milk...  I'd suggest you ring up that midwife and have a little discussion about this, and get back to us.  If she agrees with your recollections, then I would ask her to come to this forum and defend her position.

there was no suggestion of taking him to hospital or calling a doctor.
Like I said, if that was the case, then he was definitely getting milk from somewhere.

Think of recent news items about people buried in collapsed buildings. What kept them alive for so long? Will power? Belief that their god would save them? Belief that the rescue teams would find them?
All of those and many other factors- as has been pointed out to you, the 3/3/3 'rule' is NOT a rule, it's a guide.  Of COURSE it varies.  But that doesn't mean you can make ridiculous, irresponsible and DANGEROUS claims like those you made above.

This whole story about living on nothing is one of those examples of a delusion that ISN'T harmless.  People die from following this sort of incredibly bad 'advice'.  If they are simply stupid adults then maybe it is their choice (or natural selection at work) but when it comes to innocent kids/babies..

All my posts about Apollo are dedicated to the memory of MID - who knew, lived and was an integral part of, Apollo.

"Like the JFK assassination conspiracy theories, the UFO issue probably will not go away soon, no matter what the CIA does or says. The belief that we are not alone in the universe is too emotionally appealing and the distrust of our government is too pervasive to make the issue amenable to traditional scientific studies or rational explanation and evidence." - Gerald K Haines

#49    blueandi

blueandi

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 01:27 PM

Hogwash I tell you!
If anyone thinks that this is true..try it.
Mr Darwin's theary will apply, and the human race will have taken another miniscule step forward, and wewill all benefit from your exit from the human race.
Biology is a fact, not some mythalogical hocus-pocus magical thinking, ignore it at your peril.

#50    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 38,607 posts

• "Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." - Albert Einstein

Posted 01 July 2013 - 03:40 PM

View Postouija ouija, on 30 June 2013 - 05:09 PM, said:

When my son was born I had no breast milk. The midwife who visited me each day was adamant that it would soon appear and my son would be fine until that happened. After the fourth full day of him not consuming anything, not even water, I cracked and started giving him powdered milk. He was absolutely fine up until then ...... there was no suggestion of taking him to hospital or calling a doctor.
Wow!.....nothing at all for four days? I can understand you might not have breast milk, but newborns need feeding several times a day including water. Heck, babies cry to get fed, and very loudly too if left without. How did you get around that?

I gave birth in hospital and had difficulties breast feeding for a start so they used a breast pump to get my milk. After a night or two of feeding I got very tired and didn't wake up one night when I should have which meant I missed a feed time.... Well the nurses were none too pleased with me I can tell you, and that was just missing one feed!

Posted Image

#51    DeWitz

DeWitz

DeWitz

• 1,639 posts

• "Follow me, it's in Room 101."
    Clyde P. Fesmire, PhD

Posted 01 July 2013 - 03:40 PM

View PostOdin11, on 29 June 2013 - 10:28 PM, said:

I'm sorry but if you think that it is "probably possible to just live off fresh air, sunlight and maybe some water" then you have a complete lack of understanding of how the body works. Humans can not do photosynthesis. We get the energy we need to function by eating. Remember the rule of 3:  you cannot survive for more than:
3 minutes without air.
3 days without water.
3 weeks without food.

The person in the article is a liar, no if, ands, or buts about it. And it’s a very easy test to see if he’s being truthful or not, put him in an area where he can be watched 24/7 to see if he eats. My guess is he’ll be so ill after 2 weeks that they would have to stop the test or he’ll die.

Agreed, except that length of time without solid food is variable, based upon initlal body fat stores, overall health and dogged determination. Some of the hunger strikers in Northern Ireland went months without food (Bobby Sands went 66 days before dying).

This "breatharianism" seems to be suspect from the word "go." I'm not prone to throw out the 800-lb. gorilla with the bathwater, to mix my metaphors, but I'll suggest that--if it were at all credible--"breathars" would be all over the place in the media, not just UM--just like UFOs, Atlantis, tantric yoga, extreme body mdoification, coprophagia and all the rest. After all, profits for weight loss programs and centers would go sky high. . .

[previously incarnate as 'szentgyorgy']

"Things fall apart. . . it's scientific." - Talking Heads

#52    DeWitz

DeWitz

DeWitz

• 1,639 posts

Clyde P. Fesmire, PhD

Posted 01 July 2013 - 03:44 PM

View Postbaro67, on 01 July 2013 - 08:55 AM, said:

That is not dead which can eternal wait, And over with strange aeons even death may die

So, bretharianism is an H.P. Lovecraft construal?

#53    DeWitz

DeWitz

DeWitz

• 1,639 posts

Clyde P. Fesmire, PhD

Posted 01 July 2013 - 03:50 PM

View PostChrlzs, on 01 July 2013 - 12:19 PM, said:

If you were truly producing nothing and she did not tell you to use a proper baby formula in the meantime, at least every 3-5 hours, that midwife should be up for prosecution.

It is EXTREMELY irresponsible to post such dangerous misinformation.  If a newborn went without milk for more than even, say 6 hours it would already be at risk of various problems - much longer and the results would not bear thinking about..  Ask any doctor or real midwife.

If he was, then he was either getting formula from bottles that you are conveniently forgetting, or you were in fact producing enough breast milk...  I'd suggest you ring up that midwife and have a little discussion about this, and get back to us.  If she agrees with your recollections, then I would ask her to come to this forum and defend her position.

Like I said, if that was the case, then he was definitely getting milk from somewhere.

All of those and many other factors- as has been pointed out to you, the 3/3/3 'rule' is NOT a rule, it's a guide.  Of COURSE it varies.  But that doesn't mean you can make ridiculous, irresponsible and DANGEROUS claims like those you made above.

This whole story about living on nothing is one of those examples of a delusion that ISN'T harmless.  People die from following this sort of incredibly bad 'advice'.  If they are simply stupid adults then maybe it is their choice (or natural selection at work) but when it comes to innocent kids/babies..

Such a midwife would be prosecutable for negligence or reckless endangerment in the US; possibly assault if the baby was harmed (brain damage; gastrointestinal complications); and if such an infant were to have died, manslaughter or worse in most states (given the current social climate, 1st degree murder with the death penalty in the so-called 'Bible Belt.').

#54    ouija ouija

ouija ouija

dimple

• 10,116 posts

• I never walk alone.

Posted 01 July 2013 - 05:31 PM

View PostChrlzs, on 01 July 2013 - 12:19 PM, said:

My son was born in the UK, at home in 1981. I have just dug out his baby record book(to reassure myself that I was not going round the bend!), and it's true, he had absolutely nothing for four days. He lost 7ozs in his first week. He was a very healthy baby, toddler and child. He also didn't have any vaccinations and absolutely no sugar in his (vegetarian)diet for the first three years.

I did not post 'misinformation', I simply told my story(and my son's) as it happened.

The midwife was a 'real' midwife for the NHS and had delivered many many babies in the area. She was so keen on midwifery that she attended international conferences on the subject.

Sadly, she cannot come here to defend her actions as she died some years ago.

Life is all too much ............................................. and not enough.

It is only when you form your question precisely and accurately that you receive the true answer.

#55    ouija ouija

ouija ouija

dimple

• 10,116 posts

• I never walk alone.

Posted 01 July 2013 - 05:36 PM

View PostStill Waters, on 01 July 2013 - 03:40 PM, said:

Wow!.....nothing at all for four days? I can understand you might not have breast milk, but newborns need feeding several times a day including water. Heck, babies cry to get fed, and very loudly too if left without. How did you get around that?

I gave birth in hospital and had difficulties breast feeding for a start so they used a breast pump to get my milk. After a night or two of feeding I got very tired and didn't wake up one night when I should have which meant I missed a feed time.... Well the nurses were none too pleased with me I can tell you, and that was just missing one feed!

My son was born at home. He didn't cry when he was born ...... but he did when I cried having stitches put in. After that he was pretty peaceful, but crying occasionally. I tried a breast pump without success and that was when I insisted he had some formula milk.

Life is all too much ............................................. and not enough.

It is only when you form your question precisely and accurately that you receive the true answer.

#56    Rolci

Rolci

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 01:07 AM

View Postashven, on 30 June 2013 - 05:47 PM, said:

Few breatharians have submitted themselves to medical testing; of those that have, including a hospital's observation of an Indian mystic Prahlad Jani surviving without food or water for 15 days,[5] none have undergone peer review with results independently reproduced.
Now it gets interesting:

Deaths of Jasmuheen's followers

To say "none have undergone peer review" is like saying "no proton decays". Although we have never observed a proton decay and we have no good reason to believe that they ever do, we spend embarrassing amounts of money on observations, just in case they do. So basically, what you are trying to say here is, none that you know of. Which of course means that there are a great many that did, but you never did your homework. Which is fine, just next time choose words with a bit more care and humility. A poor example would be Michael Werner, who decided he wanted to undergo medical tests after 4 years of a breatharian lifestyle. He agreed to be examined by the Lindsenhofspital in Bern, on the condition that they publish the results. Tests done, then they said they would not publish the results. Of course Mr Werner wanted the world to know the medical results, so he went to the University of Prague to be examined again in 2007, he had the same condition for them, tests done, same refusal to publish results, they never published them.

as for some people dying, I would be surprised if no one died. After decades of making your body dependent on foods you suddenly deprive it of physical sustenance. Also it's supposed to be the result of spiritual aspirations, like a side-effect. People doing it because they saw a video, met someone, or a relative does, or to save money, will hardly create the conditions and prepare the organism, either physically, or mentally, let alone emotionally or spiritually. It's like moving into a monastery in hope of receiving a vision or having a rapture experience, without believing in a god or some kind of mystical higher force or anything spiritual. Stupid people not eating will die. So what? Thousands die in traffic accidents every year. Does it mean you will stop driving, just because there is a chance you will be killed tomorrow, or you could kill an innocent pedestrian or a cyclist? I don't think so. People will carry on driving, as others will carry on living without food, while some die in one or the other. It's part of life. Living on unhealthy foods is the number one source of all deaths on the planet, directly or, more often, indirectly, and the food industry of course can't lose all that money, and of course there is agriculture, supermarket chains, and then of course big pharma. And you're surprised this stuff doesn't get published by the medical journals? They would be announcing their own death will. Did I say something new here by any chance?

Edited by Rolci, 02 July 2013 - 01:15 AM.

Best piece of truth I have found so far: http://llresearch.or...of_one_pdf.aspx
A truly free society: https://sites.google...t-economy-today
The true history of our planet: http://www.floating-...rth_history.htm
Dialogues with The Absolute: unveiledsecretsandmessagesoflight.blogspot (dot) co (dot) uk/2011/08/eon-11aug2010.html
A wealth of metaphysical readings with a surprisingly high ratio of truth content: soulwise (dot) net/index-00.htm

#57    Rolci

Rolci

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 02:19 AM

View Postszentgyorgy, on 01 July 2013 - 03:40 PM, said:

This "breatharianism" seems to be suspect from the word "go." I'm not prone to throw out the 800-lb. gorilla with the bathwater, to mix my metaphors, but I'll suggest that--if it were at all credible--"breathars" would be all over the place in the media, not just UM--just like UFOs, Atlantis, tantric yoga, extreme body mdoification, coprophagia and all the rest. After all, profits for weight loss programs and centers would go sky high. . .

The media? Seriously? Do you even know how the media operate? Maybe Dr. Greer's testimony will help you understand:

Edited by Rolci, 02 July 2013 - 02:21 AM.

Dialogues with The Absolute: unveiledsecretsandmessagesoflight.blogspot (dot) co (dot) uk/2011/08/eon-11aug2010.html
A wealth of metaphysical readings with a surprisingly high ratio of truth content: soulwise (dot) net/index-00.htm

#58    seaturtlehorsesnake

seaturtlehorsesnake

has a cape

• 1,442 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 05:21 AM

ah, that old convienent excuse. sure, people died, but it's their fault. they just weren't spiritul enough, or mystical enough, or they were just plain too stupid. it's their fault, never the fault of the con men peddling this nonsense.

#59    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,177 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 02 July 2013 - 07:29 AM

View PostRolci, on 02 July 2013 - 01:07 AM, said:

as for some people dying, I would be surprised if no one died. After decades of making your body dependent on foods you suddenly deprive it of physical sustenance.
You got it the wrong way around, no one made their body dependent on foods.

Stupid people not eating will die. So what? Thousands die in traffic accidents every year. Does it mean you will stop driving, just because there is a chance you will be killed tomorrow, or you could kill an innocent pedestrian or a cyclist? I don't think so. People will carry on driving, as others will carry on living without food, while some die in one or the other.
You're not very good at this logic thing are you?
Starvation ends in death, while driving can lead to death.

#60    Rolci

Rolci

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 01:41 PM

View Postpatagonianhorsesnake, on 02 July 2013 - 05:21 AM, said:

ah, that old convienent excuse. sure, people died, but it's their fault. they just weren't spiritul enough, or mystical enough, or they were just plain too stupid. it's their fault, never the fault of the con men peddling this nonsense.

So if I were to tell you that this here is a magic cliff and if you jump off this one you can fly, and I jumped off and soared, and you're stupid enough and jump off it's my fault. I would imagine that grown-up adults should be mature enough to have a certain kind of responsibility for their OWN actions. If a sentient being starves itself to death because someone said something, it's called natural selection, we sure don't need a generation of retards that got their genes from lunatics. People like that would've been thrown off in ancient Greece and you'd be living in a dictatorship right now, probably Iraq and Iran coming to the rescue. You have a problem with me calling people stupid when you tell them to jump off a cliff and they do? You're welcome to judge me. So what would you call people that can't take care of their own lives due to stupid decisions. If you were facing a snake and a random person told you he'd been bitten by one that looked like it, is it normal to let go of all measures of caution? Is that the sane thing to do? I don't think so.

View PostRlyeh, on 02 July 2013 - 07:29 AM, said:

You got it the wrong way around, no one made their body dependent on foods.

You're not very good at this logic thing are you?
Starvation ends in death, while driving can lead to death.

I know one thing and that is 100% of those dependent on food die. Your scientists have been guessing as to the reason, guessing yes, because they don't know. Cardiovascular diseases, heart diseases, strokes and cancers kill 2/3 of the human population today on earth. Where do you think these come from? And we haven't even mentioned the effects that **** up your life, like obesity, diabetes and the rest. Michael Werner is just one of the tens of thousands that will never have any of these problems. But you seem to be sure of what you're saying, so I assume you have watched and evaluated documentaries like No Way to Heaven or In the Beginning there was Light. And you did your own research personally meeting these people, or better yet, tried the 21-day method yourself. If it's not for you, you know when to turn back, it you have some brains that is. But if you never had the aspirations just want to save money, you needn't even try, we all know where you're gonna end up, we've seen it happen before.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users