Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Gay convictions to be wiped from the records

• Please log in to reply
204 replies to this topic

#166    rashore

rashore

Telekinetic

• 6,936 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 04:46 PM

You may have answered this one already Chimp, but question for you...

In light of your statements about gays, do you believe the same should hold true for straights as well? That any straight person that has been wronged by the system or busted for a crime that the crime was later wiped off the books shouldn't be allowed to hold certain jobs either?

#167    ThePhantomFlanFlinger

ThePhantomFlanFlinger

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,313 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 04:52 PM

You should all maybe stop throwing the monkey bananas....just a thought.!

#168    HerNibs

HerNibs

Grand Duchess Anaesthesia

• 12,187 posts

• Endless repetition does not make something true.

Posted 07 October 2011 - 05:19 PM

View PostChimpanzee, on 07 October 2011 - 04:32 PM, said:

No because you are ignorant of the reality that people who have been wronged by the state with prison sentences might harbour such deep resentment as to do something

and for those that realise that reality you see them as tyrannical.

As far as I can tell you have stated a couple of different things.

1.  The individuals discussed in the OP should not be permitted to hold positions of judgement over others because their negative interaction with the judicial system causes them to be biased.

2.  Teachers and authority figures should keep "dossiers" on everyone from birth on in order to "weed out" individuals that could be problems in the future and to limit these individuals to employment that would not allow them to judge others.

Correct?

Nibs

Just because it is a mystery to YOU doesn't make it unexplained.

STORM - a must watch - caution, some profanity and may cause you to experience reason.

#169    Chimpanzee

Chimpanzee

Extraterrestrial Entity

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 05:28 PM

View Postrashore, on 07 October 2011 - 04:46 PM, said:

You may have answered this one already Chimp, but question for you...

In light of your statements about gays, do you believe the same should hold true for straights as well? That any straight person that has been wronged by the system or busted for a crime that the crime was later wiped off the books shouldn't be allowed to hold certain jobs either?

All people that could have issues should be monitored.

white, black, gay, jew, catholic, every walk of life cant produce nuts.

Edited by Chimpanzee, 07 October 2011 - 05:32 PM.

#170    The Silver Thong

The Silver Thong

Forum Divinity

• 30,191 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 05:37 PM

View PostChimpanzee, on 07 October 2011 - 05:28 PM, said:

All people that could have issues should be monitored.

white, black, gay, jew, catholic, every walk of life cant produce nuts.

So everyone... that's a police state and one I don't care for.  If by what I gather you live in the UK do you not like your freedom.

Sittin back drinkin beer watchin the world take it's course.

The only thing god can't do is prove he exists ?

#171    Chimpanzee

Chimpanzee

Extraterrestrial Entity

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 05:40 PM

View PostThe Silver Thong, on 07 October 2011 - 05:37 PM, said:

So everyone... that's a police state and one I don't care for.  If by what I gather you live in the UK do you not like your freedom.

You're not reading that right

I'm not referring to ordinary people on the street. I'm referring to those that have been wronged by prison sentences or are mentally ill.

#172    ShadowSot

ShadowSot

Stinky Cheese

• 6,874 posts

• Oops.

Posted 07 October 2011 - 05:44 PM

View PostThe Silver Thong, on 07 October 2011 - 05:37 PM, said:

Actually...
Posted Image

Orwell, rolling in his grave.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.
-Terry Pratchett

#173    The Silver Thong

The Silver Thong

Forum Divinity

• 30,191 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 05:45 PM

View PostChimpanzee, on 07 October 2011 - 05:40 PM, said:

I'm not referring to ordinary people on the street. I'm referring to those that have been wronged by prison sentences or are mentally ill.

See the difference here is I don't see that being gay is a crime and you do and hence you think they should be profiled because you think they might have some vendetta. I personal don't think that they would have a vendetta as they would be thankfull that the government finally pulled it's head out of there ass and these kind of crimes would no longer exist. They might see themselves as a type of Nelson Mandela. Did he become a terrorist.

Edited by The Silver Thong, 07 October 2011 - 05:46 PM.

#174    ShadowSot

ShadowSot

Stinky Cheese

• 6,874 posts

• Oops.

Posted 07 October 2011 - 05:45 PM

View PostChimpanzee, on 07 October 2011 - 05:40 PM, said:

What do you define as mentally ill? Or weirdo, for that matter.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.
-Terry Pratchett

#175    Chimpanzee

Chimpanzee

Extraterrestrial Entity

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 06:00 PM

View PostThe Silver Thong, on 07 October 2011 - 05:45 PM, said:

See the difference here is I don't see that being gay is a crime and you do and hence you think they should be profiled because you think they might have some vendetta. I personal don't think that they would have a vendetta as they would be thankfull that the government finally pulled it's head out of there ass and these kind of crimes would no longer exist. They might see themselves as a type of Nelson Mandela. Did he become a terrorist.

I'm saying some that have been wronged with prison sentences might have a vendetta but that isnt the same thing as saying homosexuals all have a vendetta.

Nelson Mandela was the leader of the armed wing of the African National Congress and was convicted for sabotage lol. I hope thats just a mistake in your research and you are not trying to incite people to terrorist acts.

Silver Thong needs adding to the watch list lol.

#176    Chimpanzee

Chimpanzee

Extraterrestrial Entity

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 06:02 PM

View PostShadowSot, on 07 October 2011 - 05:45 PM, said:

What do you define as mentally ill? Or weirdo, for that matter.

The states definition of serious mental illness.

Like people who think they're being commanded by god, or maniac depressives, or attempted suiciders, or just plain insanity.

#177    Chimpanzee

Chimpanzee

Extraterrestrial Entity

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 06:08 PM

View PostChimpanzee, on 07 October 2011 - 06:02 PM, said:

Like people who think they're being commanded by god, or maniac depressives, or attempted suiciders, or just plain insanity.

I shall add to this that most of these are prevented from being in the police anyway because they are unstable.

#178    The Silver Thong

The Silver Thong

Forum Divinity

• 30,191 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 06:24 PM

View PostChimpanzee, on 07 October 2011 - 06:00 PM, said:

I'm saying some that have been wronged with prison sentences might have a vendetta but that isnt the same thing as saying homosexuals all have a vendetta.

Nelson Mandela was the leader of the armed wing of the African National Congress and was convicted for sabotage lol. I hope thats just a mistake in your research and you are not trying to incite people to terrorist acts.

Silver Thong needs adding to the watch list lol.

So in your first sentence you are confusing yourself. So if a gay person that just happens to not be charged with a gay crime is ok it just takes being charged with a gay crime to make one a possible terroist. How about a gay couple is broken up because one is sentenced and the other is not. The one not charged may be more vandictive then the one in jail. Your walking a fine line here.

Nelson Mandela was jailed for 20 years and later exonerated, the same if you will a wrongfully convicted gay person that you seem to feel will attack the state on release.

You sir, are by no doubt already on the watch list and don't even know it ;)

Edited by The Silver Thong, 07 October 2011 - 06:26 PM.

#179    The Silver Thong

The Silver Thong

Forum Divinity

• 30,191 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 06:26 PM

View PostChimpanzee, on 07 October 2011 - 06:02 PM, said:

So we should ban god.... Commanded by god could mean anything.

#180    Chimpanzee

Chimpanzee

Extraterrestrial Entity

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 06:43 PM

View PostThe Silver Thong, on 07 October 2011 - 06:24 PM, said:

So in your first sentence you are confusing yourself. So if a gay person that just happens to not be charged with a gay crime is ok it just takes being charged with a gay crime to make one a possible terroist. How about a gay couple is broken up because one is sentenced and the other is not. The one not charged may be more vandictive then the one in jail. Your walking a fine line here.

Nelson Mandela was jailed for 20 years and later exonerated, the same if you will a wrongfully convicted gay person that you seem to feel will attack the state on release.

You sir, are by no doubt already on the watch list and don't even know it ;)

No I'm not confused my sentence was clear.

Let me ask you since when were 1000's of old homosexual convicts clones of Nelson Mandela? If they arent clones then what in this world makes you think they will all act the same on release?

Some might have a grudge.

Edited by Chimpanzee, 07 October 2011 - 06:44 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users