Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Odd Repeated Occurance

_Only

Okay, this is something I've had in the back of my mind for a little while that keeps happening that became a lot more odd tonight.

Lately I've come outside to find one of the bowls of my dog missing. The first time it was lost for quite a few days before I found it somewhere in the back yard. I figured that it was done by a young but large German Shepherd/wolf mix dog that visits from time to time of my cousin's. As my 2 dogs don't do things like move their bowls around. Anyone who has dogs can probably know how set your dogs behaviors are, and can recognize things they do and don't do on a daily basis, and all of the time. They just don't move those bowls.

Well, it has happened about 4 times very recently, and twice in the past 2 days (last night, and tonight). I had laid down to do my daily resting meditation a few hours ago, and heard my dogs randomly barking up a storm at something. They do this a lot during the day, so it's nothing new. But I couldn't happen to wonder as I laid that if I would go outside and see that one dog bowl moved again. I put it out of my mind and went back to my thing.

A few hours later or so (just now) I let the dogs out to pee, and wouldn't you know it, that one bowl was missing again. My dogs had been inside since I filled their bowls with food and they ate. It has really piqued my interest now. This always seems to happen when I am trying to rest calmly at night (the dogs barking randomly, and that bowl moving outside when I get outside the next morning). And like I said, my dogs barking is normal, but not late at night. Unless someone comes to the door, or if I bump into something and make a loud noise in the same room as them in the pitch black dark.

I was thinking possibly a raccoon was doing this, but then, my dogs wouldn't be alerted to its presence at the bowls. They sleep in places and positions that wouldn't be able to notice that, even though they are quite perceptive, being dogs. Also, there is usually a bit of dry food left in the bowls, but if a raccoon went to steal some of the food, why would it always take one bowl and leave the other, with food still in it? To be honest, I'm not sure if food is scattered where the stolen bowl sits, and my cousins dog has a habit of loving to eat my other dogs' food in the back yard, so even if it was, he could have eaten it on the ground. I'll have to see tomorrow morning where the bowl is again, and if there is any bits of food around it or under it, as the bowl is always face down.

What do you think? An eccentric raccoon, a jerk bogeyman, a spirit with weird habits, aliens, Gary Busey? :P

It's just really odd. And extremely annoying when I wake up groggy to feed them, and have to search for that one damn dog bowl.

Edited by _Only

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• _Only

• Farmer77

• Ja9dreame

• Simbi Laveau

Top Posters In This Topic

This may be a situation where, if able it'd be really worth it to set up a camera faced towards the bowl :) I'd be super interested to see who's theiving the bowl too lol. You'll have to post what you find out.

Well, I feel silly now.

Just went to feed the dogs, and realized the bowl was just moved slightly, pressed against the wall and back step of porch, something I or the dogs had done. Seeing as how my cousin's dog likely was at the house every other time the bowl has been moved, I can only assume she was the culprit. As she will often also turn the water bowl over, and do all kind of goofy things.

A bit embarrassing, but just goes to shows how our minds can get away with us sometimes, and work us up.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I feel silly now.

Just went to feed the dogs, and realized the bowl was just moved slightly, pressed against the wall and back step of porch, something I or the dogs had done. Seeing as how my cousin's dog likely was at the house every other time the bowl has been moved, I can only assume she was the culprit. As she will often also turn the water bowl over, and do all kind of goofy things.

A bit embarrassing, but just goes to shows how our minds can get away with us sometimes, and work us up.

I had almost the exact same thing happen to me, turned out it was water evaporating out from under the bowl, causing it to move ever so slightly. ...but yeah I was FREAKED until i figured that out.