Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Pakistan Taliban Kill 126 In School Raid

Still Waters

Taliban gunmen have killed 126 people, including at least 84 children, and are still holding many hostage in a school attack in Peshawar, Pakistan.

Six men stormed the army-run school, according to military officials, and soldiers surrounded the building.

Around 500 children and teachers were believed to be inside, with many students taken to local hospitals in a critical condition. At least 122 people have been injured in the siege.

http://news.sky.com/...-in-school-raid

• Like 1

What was it that they said when they shot Malawi Usefi? The scariest thing in the world is a child with a book?

Despicable.

• Like 5

Will it turn the tide of public sentiment in Pakistan (esp. the rural areas) against the Taliban, or will it cement their place as de facto 'overlords' through increasing fear of reprisal when acting against them?

Religion is so ludicrous that I wouldn't be surprised to see a lot of religious so-called 'moderates' among the general Pakistani population making some sort of apology for the Taliban's action.

They are the poster child of Irony itself - the result of a lack of education and willful ignorance.

• Like 4

Some updates here -

Death toll in Pakistan school attack rises to 130

https://uk.news.yaho...78.html#LeufD1F

Live reporting in this link -

http://www.bbc.co.uk...d-asia-30491113

"a fifth attacker at the school has been killed"

Friendly bus ride, anyone?

• Like 3

Taliban hero's again.. just disgusting

• Like 1

At least 126 people, mostly students, have died in an attack by Pakistani Taliban fighters on a military-run school in Peshawar in Pakistan's northwest, according to a senior official, as the military started an operation on the compound.

It's further vendettas bearing with it the brunt of more atrocities ~

Q&A: Pakistan's children traumatised by war

Aid agencies try to address the education emergency for tens of thousands of children who fled the military offensive.

Asad Hashim Last updated: 28 Oct 2014 12:22

Bannu, Pakistan - Since June 15, more than 700,000 people have fled the Pakistani tribal area of North Waziristan, as the military continues to carry out a ground and aerial offensive against the armed group Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) and its allies.

Aid agency Basic Education for Afghan Refugees (BEFARe) has been working with UNICEF to try and address the needs of the more than 300,000 children who are among those who fled the military offensive. BEFARe has been catering to about 6,000 children - but that's still a tiny proportion of the population that needs access to schools.

Al Jazeera's Asad Hashim spoke with Ziauddin Afridi, the coordinator of BEFARe, about the education emergency facing the IDP children.

... and with the way things are going , those using the kids as pawns will just see kids as just that ... simply more pawns ~

~

• Like 1

Can we please go with my idea now and turn the middle east into a glass disneyland?

We would get all the children out first of course.

This world has no need for savages and barbarians. People like those are the ones holding us back on an evolutionary scale.

Yes, and we are importing these people into the west at an alarming rate.

Yes, and we are importing these people into the west at an alarming rate.

This will be the death of the empire. Mass immigration of people who have not had a lifetime of living in the civilized world and expecting them to act civilized.Didn't that contribute to the end of the Roman empire? Trying to integrate the barbarous warriors of the north-lands?

What the ***k is wrong with these people!?

I consider myself pretty unshockable in most things, but the mentality it must take to do something like this is inhuman.

• Like 2

Maybe Pakistan will now come to its senses and realise that sheltering Taliban from the outside world is not a good idea. Many a Taliban terrorist has ridden his Donkey over the border from Afghanistan when pursued by Western forces, and has been sheltered by Pakistan.

I do feel sorry for the children and their Mothers but acts like this will continue until the Taliban are taken out.

• Like 1

This act by the Taliban is inexcusable. Innocent children for God's sake.

The Taliban does not like "Western education" particularly of women/girls.

Despicable and repugnant beyond words...

How can one rampantly kill children and have any sense of humanity without remorse?

I can only hope that the Pakistan authorities(as corrupt as the are) will call for foreign assistance to find and eliminate the "masterminds" of this truly horrible act before they strike again at a school(s)

Thankfully the Pakistan Army quickly intervened and killed all 7 murder's, else there clearly would have been much more death, given the student population of that school(up to 500 I think?)

• Like 2

How can one rampantly kill children and have any sense of humanity without remorse?

You have to abandon your humanity apparently.

You can't kill children and have a sense of humanity, especially without remorse. The terms are mutually exclusive

• Like 3

This is one of the rare occasions that I curse myself for being an agnostic, because I wish that there really was a hell for those b******* to go to.

• Like 3

Pakistan Reinstates Death Penalty After Attack -

Pakistani Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif has reinstated the death penalty in terrorism cases after Taliban gunmen killed 132 children and nine teachers at a school in Peshawar.

http://news.sky.com/...ty-after-attack

• Like 1

Can't we go back to calling them "freedom fighters"?

"Freedom fighters kill 126 in school raid" ...doesn't have the same ring to it.

I think every Taliban coward out ther should strap a suicide vest on and then take the weapon of choice and blow themselves up or what ever brains they have...Then the world would think what great Martyrs.....

This act by the Taliban is inexcusable. Innocent children for God's sake.

The Taliban does not like "Western education" particularly of women/girls.

Despicable and repugnant beyond words...

I can only hope that the Pakistan authorities(as corrupt as the are) will call for foreign assistance to find and eliminate the "masterminds" of this truly horrible act before they strike again at a school(s)

Thankfully the Pakistan Army quickly intervened and killed all 7 murder's, else there clearly would have been much more death, given the student population of that school(up to 500 I think?)

they think they are saving the children's souls.

• Like 1