Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

GOP activists: Why isn't Romney ahead?

questionmark

The reason why he isn't ahead is that he is appealing now to the stupid and thoughtless, thus the partnership with Ryan. Not his forte, to say the least. Mitt is a smart man.

The only way Mitt will win is if he shuts up. Everyday he putts a nail in his coffin.

Or Romney can try to get Biden to do more public speeches. That guy is always putting chains.... errr... his foot in his mouth. Keeping Biden quiet is one way to help Obama win the election. :tsu:

• Like 1

The reason why he isn't ahead is that he is appealing now to the stupid and thoughtless, thus the partnership with Ryan. Not his forte, to say the least. Mitt is a smart man.

If that were true, then he'd being pulling ahead. Most of those voters (the stupid and thoughtless) are already spoken for on both sides, and there are plenty of them. In my experience the Swing vote, which usually decides these things, are actually smart people.

Edited by DieChecker

Dow Jones 2000-2009

dowjones2000-present.jpg

This chart shows that the stock market dropped significantly around election time in 2008. When Obama was actually inaugurated an incredible number of people pulled out of the stock market.

This is the Close-Up view of that chart:

stockmarketcloseup.jpg

Unemployment rate 2000-2009

unemploymentchart20002009.jpg

Notice the Unemployment numbers throughout Bush's terms. They began to creep into the sixes in the summer of 2008...why?...because McCain was showing himself to be a Non-Serious candidate. As people began pulling out of the stock markets, the economy began free-falling...why?...because Corporations employ people...and when you sell your stock in the corporation...it effects their bottom line. (Can anyone say Facebook?)

The two are related. After the Inauguration of Obama in 2009, a massive exodus from the stock market began...the next thing to happen is that these major corporations began laying off workers...this snowballed into very high unemployment figures and Obama has done absolutely nothing to fix the problem.

And yet...the Liberal Media spin on the economy and Obama's spin on the economy is: It was inherited from Bush. Wrong. Simply and factually wrong. What was inherited from the Bush era was low unemployment and a high and stable stock market. These charts are FACTS. I didn't make them up and no one else did either.

If that were true, then he'd being pulling ahead. Most of those voters (the stupid and thoughtless) are already spoken for on both sides, and there are plenty of them. In my experience the Swing vote, which usually decides these things, are actually smart people.

Not true. Again, the media is manipulated, so the news we get does not reflect the truth. AND the CIA WANTS Obama to win. I am not under the illusion at all that our votes count.

I am the swing vote. I have no real loyalties to a political party. I want to join a party that publicly and institutionally supports the USA Constitution and the USA Bill of Rights.

Edited by regeneratia

Ah, the Obama Campaign's meme of the week.

Instead of asking why their own candidate's campaign is collapsing, they're now questioning why the "other guy" isn't further ahead.

Sitting that aside, I'll tell you why Romney isn't further ahead - simply because Obama's supporters in the media would rather focus on an edited (admitted) video from 5 months ago, rather than the complete collapse and failure of Obama's Mideast policy that led to the deaths of a US Ambassador and several CIA agents.

Edited by Rafterman
  • Like 1

Romney doesn't attack enough, he doesn't hammer him on anything. There are so many talking points Romney could use to win this, but he literally says nothing about any of it.

For example: NDAA, Administration ties to Monsanto running the FDA, Fast and Furious, Coal Industry Crisis, Detroit, Foreign Policy, Participating in Non-Congressionally Declared Wars, and allowing Unlimited, unchecked QE.

Romney doesn't talk about any of those, it doesn't look like he really wants to win. If the President opens up the oil strategic reserves to lower gas prices before the election, that could potentially seal the deal.

Edited by Spid3rCyd3
  • Like 1

Sitting that aside, I'll tell you why Romney isn't further ahead - simply because Obama's supporters in the media would rather focus on an edited (admitted) video from 5 months ago, rather than the complete collapse and failure of Obama's Mideast policy that led to the deaths of a US Ambassador and several CIA agents.

Because the GOP media led by Fox News is so good at focusing on important things... Oh, wait, they are focusing on a Obama video made over a decade ago. They are focusing on a speech that used the word "That" instead of "Those" from a few months ago.

Not true. Again, the media is manipulated, so the news we get does not reflect the truth. AND the CIA WANTS Obama to win. I am not under the illusion at all that our votes count.

I am the swing vote. I have no real loyalties to a political party. I want to join a party that publicly and institutionally supports the USA Constitution and the USA Bill of Rights.

So you are saying that you are an Independant voter, and that it is the independent voter that are Stupid and Thoughtless???? Because what I said was that the Swing voters, such as yourself are the smarter ones usually that need convincing.

Surely you would consider the various hard liners of Dems and Pubs who block up their ears and who vote their party line regardless of Facts, as the stupid and thoughtless? So why are you saying that the independants, who are the usual Swing vote and whom Romney and Obama are fighting over, are the thoughtless and stupid?

The stupid and thoughtless are already spoken for. The lack of much change in polling is another indication of that.

Could that have something to do with the fact that Romney was the most likely of the least likely possibilities to beat Obama?

Could it be something as simple as more people agree with Obama and his policies than agree with Romney and whatever he is saying that day?

Could it be something as simple as more people agree with Obama and his policies than agree with Romney and whatever he is saying that day?

No...it couldn't and it's not. The Media is The Polling Data. They create polls to ...make..news. That is how simple it all is. The Government is NOT our friend and neither is the Media.

No...it couldn't and it's not. The Media is The Polling Data. They create polls to ...make..news. That is how simple it all is. The Government is NOT our friend and neither is the Media.

So... basically if the polls don't agree with what you want, then there must be a huge over-arching conspiracy between the white house and the media to control people's minds?

• Like 2

So... basically if the polls don't agree with what you want, then there must be a huge over-arching conspiracy between the white house and the media to control people's minds?

You are missing the point. I don't care what the polls say. They are all manipulative BS...yes...from the White House and the Media. Do you really think that NBC, CBS, ABC, CNN, The New York Times, and the AP are news reporting agencies? They are not. They are propoganda machines. The sooner you realize that, the clearer the picture of reality will be.

You are missing the point. I don't care what the polls say. They are all manipulative BS...yes...from the White House and the Media. Do you really think that NBC, CBS, ABC, CNN, The New York Times, and the AP are news reporting agencies? They are not. They are propoganda machines. The sooner you realize that, the clearer the picture of reality will be.

Well, Gallup is and they are reporting about the same. Pew research is, they report about the same. And their economic future depends on not being too fat off.

Because the GOP media led by Fox News is so good at focusing on important things... Oh, wait, they are focusing on a Obama video made over a decade ago. They are focusing on a speech that used the word "That" instead of "Those" from a few months ago.

The "GOP media" - a huge percentage of which is only available on AM radio.

And yes, a United States President showing his support of Marxist practices is news in my opinion. Funny how that video didn't have to be edited isn't it.

Don't you find it sad that the only critical interview of the President had to come from freaking UNIVISION? And even then, what do the major networks focus on - Romney's make up was too Hispanic looking when he did his UNIVISION interview. Seriously?

Even when the President goes on David Letterman and lies about the Benghazi attacks and completely contradicts his own Administration's statements - any questions from the major media? Nope.

Edited by Rafterman
  • Like 1

Okay folks, here it is THIS explains it all.

I see that no one really took the time to look at my charts but go back and do so with this in mind:

The early voting of 2008 led to the exodus of the stock market which caused unemployment to escalate before the election. Obama didn't inherit anything from Bush...he caused it.

Okay folks, here it is THIS explains it all.

I see that no one really took the time to look at my charts but go back and do so with this in mind:

The early voting of 2008 led to the exodus of the stock market which caused unemployment to escalate before the election. Obama didn't inherit anything from Bush...he caused it.

You grasp any straw along the way you find, dontcha?

This election will be decided by who has the most compelling solution for medicare as the majority that will be bothered to vote are either recipients or about to be. And in view of the fact that most of them now have lower medicine bills (somewhere on this forum there is a corresponding thread) and that Romney wants to go back to "the old ways" the point will be pretty obvious. Unless of course he flip-flops again, then you could get Obama in white.

But maybe it is the color after all.

Romney isn't ahead (of where he is now) because he's not campaigning in the swing states. He's not spending his resources on reaching out to people who are capable of changing their minds, which is a huge strategic blunder. If this is how this businessman runs a business, I am not impressed.

Romney is good at raising money from his supporters and so far that's all I can tell he's good at. He better have grand slam home runs in store for the debates or he doesn't have a prayer. I suspect Obama is going to walk all over him in the debates, because Romney doesn't have the record or the credibility to challenge Obama on much of anything as major issues go.

Romney will lose Ohio. Romney will lose the election. It really is almost as simple as that. Or even simpler, because it doesn't even matter who wins. We're intractably committed to our policies and neither of these puppets is going to change them. People who are so interested in this election...I have to wonder why.

You grasp any straw along the way you find, dontcha?

This election will be decided by who has the most compelling solution for medicare as the majority that will be bothered to vote are either recipients or about to be. And in view of the fact that most of them now have lower medicine bills (somewhere on this forum there is a corresponding thread) and that Romney wants to go back to "the old ways" the point will be pretty obvious. Unless of course he flip-flops again, then you could get Obama in white.

But maybe it is the color after all.

I have no idea what you are even talking about but it seems to have something to do with race bating.

Romney isn't ahead (of where he is now) because he's not campaigning in the swing states. He's not spending his resources on reaching out to people who are capable of changing their minds, which is a huge strategic blunder. If this is how this businessman runs a business, I am not impressed.

Romney is good at raising money from his supporters and so far that's all I can tell he's good at. He better have grand slam home runs in store for the debates or he doesn't have a prayer. I suspect Obama is going to walk all over him in the debates, because Romney doesn't have the record or the credibility to challenge Obama on much of anything as major issues go.

Romney will lose Ohio. Romney will lose the election. It really is almost as simple as that. Or even simpler, because it doesn't even matter who wins. We're intractably committed to our policies and neither of these puppets is going to change them. People who are so interested in this election...I have to wonder why.

Do you recall the elections of 2010? That is what the elections of 2012 are going to bring...landslide. You wonder why people are interested in this election? You don't live in the US do you? If you are really as clueless as you seem about the most pivotal election in decades, then I don't know what to tell you.

The charts explain when, precisely, the economy began to falter. It had everything to do with Fear of Obama. People simply did not trust Obama and felt their hard earned monies were at risk, so, as the election neared and it became more concrete that Obama was going to win, people protected their assetts by taking them out of the Stock Market. This started a deliaterious effect from which we haven't recovered. Obama, Pelosi, and Reid shoved Obamacare down the throats of a population that wanted none of it...and the end result of that will be a landslide for Romney. Many believe, as do I, that the US will never recover if we suffer 4 more years of Obamanomics. Our Liberty is at stake, Our Economy is at stake.

Where do you get your logic? That is not what I said. But I am sure that is what you want people to think I said.

Since you misinterpreted my post, there is nothing more to respond to.

IOWs, no that is not what I said. But you may twist and spin to your heart's desire.

So you are saying that you are an Independant voter, and that it is the independent voter that are Stupid and Thoughtless???? Because what I said was that the Swing voters, such as yourself are the smarter ones usually that need convincing.

Surely you would consider the various hard liners of Dems and Pubs who block up their ears and who vote their party line regardless of Facts, as the stupid and thoughtless? So why are you saying that the independants, who are the usual Swing vote and whom Romney and Obama are fighting over, are the thoughtless and stupid?

The stupid and thoughtless are already spoken for. The lack of much change in polling is another indication of that.

Do you recall the elections of 2010? That is what the elections of 2012 are going to bring...landslide. You wonder why people are interested in this election? You don't live in the US do you? If you are really as clueless as you seem about the most pivotal election in decades, then I don't know what to tell you.

The charts explain when, precisely, the economy began to falter. It had everything to do with Fear of Obama. People simply did not trust Obama and felt their hard earned monies were at risk, so, as the election neared and it became more concrete that Obama was going to win, people protected their assetts by taking them out of the Stock Market. This started a deliaterious effect from which we haven't recovered. Obama, Pelosi, and Reid shoved Obamacare down the throats of a population that wanted none of it...and the end result of that will be a landslide for Romney. Many believe, as do I, that the US will never recover if we suffer 4 more years of Obamanomics. Our Liberty is at stake, Our Economy is at stake.

us-federal-budget-deficit-2000-2011.png

Are you going to tell me it was any better before?

And yes, a United States President showing his support of Marxist practices is news in my opinion. Funny how that video didn't have to be edited isn't it.

1. Funny how the video actually *was* edited then. Do a google search, read the entire transcript or watch the entire video. You will be enlightened.

2. You seem worried about "Marxist" policies. Romney's entire experience is taking money from other people to use to buy companies so that he runs them himself. Apply Romney's experience to govt... what would that be?

us-federal-budget-deficit-2000-2011.png

Are you going to tell me it was any better before?

I get vastly different numbers from treasurydirect.gov and for some reason I can't copy and paste the data.

http://www.treasurydirect.gov/govt/reports/pd/histdebt/histdebt_histo5.htm

This election will be decided by who has the most compelling solution for medicare as the majority that will be bothered to vote are either recipients or about to be.

Come on now, what is the percentage of people who will be on Medicare in the next 4 years? Who really cares about Medicare? Not me, Joe Average Voter.

The age you get Medicare is 65, and the only exception is the extremely disabled. And according to the Census, those above 65 are 12.5% of the population, and those above 62 are 15%. And you think that those 15% are going to decide the election? That they are the ones who are "the majority that will be bothered to vote"?

I think you are overstating things again Q.

Edited by DieChecker