Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

can anyone tell me what I saw?

GIJOE55

when I was stationed in Iraq I saw some creature I dont know exactly how to classify it but it was about four feet tall and had long arms a very pronounced jaw light tan hair that was very long and thin over its whole body and its head in the back went to a point I was on a patrol outside of Mosul it was about 3:00am I was wearing night vision goggles and had a ibis tek light bar spot light that lit up everything as if it were daylight.I am very confident that I saw a real creature like I said I cant classify it nessesarly but because of what I saw and my company commander saw and our gunner saw that night I beleive there are things in this world not yet known by human kind

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sakari

• NatureBoff

• rashore

• Habitat

AWWW snap, call in taylor!!

Sorry GI, you probably don't know who that is being a newbie, but I couldn't resist the tease.

I dunno, perhaps you saw some sort of canine? Or sadly enough, maybe a human that was kind of deformed?

Welcome to the boards!!

"light tan hair"

You get colors with night vision gear now?

Was it maybe a Baboon? Baboons are not native to the area, but I've heard that some Islamic nations like to keep baboons as pets.

Did it have a tail? Was it clearly an ape or primate?

There is also the Rhesus Macaque. It is native to Afghanistan and has light tan hair. But it only gets to about 2 feet tall, not 4 feet tall. Could you have been off that much in height?

Edited by DieChecker

"light tan hair"

deleted my slam dunk reply.......After further replies, I did not get the " ibis tek light bar spot light that lit up everything" ......I also had night vision on the mind.

Now, I will go with die on this one.

Edited by Sakari

I thought night goggles was green too... But since I have no idea what an ibis tek light is... I kind of figured maybe it lights stuff up to regular spectrum? I was figuring this off of seeing footage of stuff in night vision with some regular lighting and it looks more normal. Not regular normal, but more can tell light colored hair from dark colored hair.

Then again, I'm red/green color blind so pretty much everything under night vision looks like either tanish or blackish hair to me :)

I think Die might have something there with the baboon. I would describe it with light tan hair with night vision, if only because it wouldn't look like it has dark hair.

Not sure why the light tan hair is getting everyone excited, he put a spotlight on it, no night vision goggles required at that stage. :rolleyes:

Total lack of knowledge of punctuation, purported military background, vague experience stories with no real backup... Mein Gott!!! It's Elite1974 all over again!!! You probably just saw a girl, I mean who knows what they have evoled to look like under those Burkas?

Most likely answer to OP's question is "we may never know".

when I was stationed in Iraq I saw some creature I dont know exactly how to classify it but it was about four feet tall and had long arms a very pronounced jaw light tan hair that was very long and thin over its whole body and its head in the back went to a point I was on a patrol outside of Mosul it was about 3:00am I was wearing night vision goggles and had a ibis tek light bar spot light that lit up everything as if it were daylight.I am very confident that I saw a real creature like I said I cant classify it nessesarly but because of what I saw and my company commander saw and our gunner saw that night I beleive there are things in this world not yet known by human kind

Thanks for the post and a great detailed account. You're not the first military personnnel to see mystery creatures when in a combat zone. It's just as you say imv. You say that there are "things in this world not yet known by human kind" and I totally agree. Why not take a look at some concrete evidence that relates to the Sumatran Orang Pendek, or "short man" which has had several professional scientific expeditions to prove it's existence. I just got an email from the editor of the BBC magazine 'Focus', who was delighted with the information updates. A hair sample from the 2001 expedition has been matched with a rock hyrax. The evidence is pointing towards a giant hyrax which is smart enough to mimick an orangutan in order to stay aloof and undetected. Here's the link to Extreme Expeditions facebook page. Take a close look at the Feburary 4th entry and compare the report photos with the ventral hairs of the hyrax.

All the best for the future.

Edited by tailormaneinafog

Thanks for the post and a great detailed account. You're not the first military personnnel to see mystery creatures when in a combat zone. It's just as you say imv. You say that there are "things in this world not yet known by human kind" and I totally agree. Why not take a look at some concrete evidence that relates to the Sumatran Orang Pendek, or "short man" which has had several professional scientific expeditions to prove it's existence. I just got an email from the editor of the BBC magazine 'Focus', who was delighted with the information updates. A hair sample from the 2001 expedition has been matched with a rock hyrax. The evidence is pointing towards a giant hyrax which is smart enough to mimick an orangutan in order to stay aloof and undetected. Here's the link to Extreme Expeditions facebook page. Take a close look at the Feburary 4th entry and compare the report photos with the ventral hairs of the hyrax.

I forgot to mention this very similar eye-witness account which features in the Guardian newspaper article Have we found evidence of the elusive orang pendek?
Before team one left, our guide Sahar introduced us to an eyewitness called Pak Entis, who claims to have seen an orang pendek in the garden area in April. He described it as around three feet tall but with massive shoulders and chest. He pointed to a piece of washing on a line to indicate the colour of its hair – a mid-tan. It had an ape-like face and walked upright on two legs while swinging its arms. Upon noticing Pak Entis it became alarmed and raised its hands above its head uttering a "hoo-hoo" sound and moved quickly away. It was in view for around a minute.

A hair sample from the 2001 expedition has been matched with a rock hyrax. The evidence is pointing towards a giant hyrax which is smart enough to mimick an orangutan in order to stay aloof and undetected. Here's the link to Extreme Expeditions facebook page. Take a close look at the Feburary 4th entry and compare the report photos with the ventral hairs of the hyrax.

Is that your evidence? Comparing a picture?

Probably just another GI. Our military sure has lowered its standards. First women.... Now slack-jawed hairy midgets.

Probably just another GI. Our military sure has lowered its standards. First women.... Now slack-jawed hairy midgets.

Hope a female GI finds you and kicks the ****e outa ye

It was probably an Iraqi.

Hi GIJOE. I don't know for sure what you saw but there HAVE been reports of Bigfoot type creatures in Iraq - going back thousands of years.

http://www.lorencoleman.com/bigfoot_iraq.html

Not sure why the light tan hair is getting everyone excited, he put a spotlight on it, no night vision goggles required at that stage. :rolleyes:

Take THAT, Sakari!

Hope a female GI finds you and kicks the ****e outa ye

Lol u mad bro? :tu:

Take THAT, Sakari!

I have no idea what you are talking about....

You put your foot in your mouth again .... :yes:;)

Edited by Sakari

• 1 month later...

Hi GIJOE. I don't know for sure what you saw but there HAVE been reports of Bigfoot type creatures in Iraq - going back thousands of years.

http://www.lorencoleman.com/bigfoot_iraq.html

Enkidu was said to be a 'wildman' raised by animals.

Occasionally we still hear about 'wild people' being raised in the woods by animals. Whether they were really raised by animals is always the big question, but none of these people look anything like a big hairy ape. Most often they look like normal humans, but are mentally retarded.

"light tan hair"

Yes, this too confused me. I was in OEF and HMMV had a Ibis Tek Light Bar attached. Was not able to see colors through my NVG's as the tek bar's IR enhancements only enhanced NVG but not show color. You can guess the color, but still you would not be able to give a definate color match.

I call fake.

on top of that "my company commander saw".

What the hell was your CO doing @ 0300 in a random patrol. Now im starting to question the validity of the situation even more.

Edited by RaptorBites

Well if the OP ever returns to back up his story it would be interesting to know how far away from the alleged creature he was. I mean, using night vision , he managed to get a fairly good description (not to mention the colour), even down to the hairs on it's body being ''long and thin'' Anyone that has used night vision, be it infra red or image intensifier types will know that it would be quite difficult to define the width of body hairs.

Maybe he could also get his other witnesses to give some input. :rolleyes: