Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A likely explanation for alien abductions

Still Waters

Many people sincerely believe they have had such experiences, but there might be a simple reason

Most readers will know of Spielberg's blockbuster 1977 movie Close Encounters of the Third Kind, but may not know that encounters with aliens are grouped into four categories: close encounters of the first, second, third and fourth kind. Christopher French convincingly explains away all stories of such close encounters.

http://www.irishtime...tions-1.2408585

The whole alien encounter phenomenon seems to have nothing to do with outer space and everything to do with inner headspace.

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/science/a-likely-explanation-for-alien-abductions-1.2408585

Dear Mr French, have you been reading UM, because this is what some of us has been saying for years.

• Like 2

Nothing new there, but the truth bears repeating over and over until the masses get it through their thick skulls.

• Like 2

The article is very poor. The 'explanation' for the feeling that one has been abducted by aliens is pathetic to say the least.

Abso-freakin-lutely. I'd be willing to put money on that explanation; at least 99% of alien 'abductions' are what people would classify sleep paralysis. I understand why. When it is happening your mind makes the experience seem just as 'real' as me laying here typing this. I had an episode a few weeks ago that was pretty terrifying and I could have easily called it an abduction. I was just laying down after a long day of work and had just closed my eyes. Suddenly I feel my 'consciousness' being pulled with tremendous force up and out of my body. I say consciousness because I was fully aware that my physical body remained laying on the bed and I was very much aware of my immediate surroundings-my dog and cat breathing and walking around. I was completely helpless to stop the pull and what I found amusing (and a bit scary) were the two alien beings I could 'see' inches from my face. The amusing part was the fact that they looked just like the stereotypical 'hollywood' alien, large dark eyes, bulbous head, no hair, and a gray pallor. That is not what I think aliens would resemble so I found it interesting that I would have that vision. The episode only lasted seconds but had I not known better, I would have shouted to the world "I was abducted". Maybe the people that have experienced what they would call an abduction, don't get the sense that their bodies remain still and it's just their consciousness being hi-jacked. Now, I differ in what most psychologists believe in-in the fact that these things really do happen. It's not just your mind playing tricks on you. Your 'soul' or consciousness is not confined to your physical self and something is tapping in to it. I'm not completely sure I understand what that something is, but it's not good.

• Like 1

The article is very poor. The 'explanation' for the feeling that one has been abducted by aliens is pathetic to say the least.

Well, let's hope you never experience it then.