Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

France to send army in as mayor of Calais

chemical-licker

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/...s-migrants.html

France to send army in as mayor of Calais demands UK open its doors to migrants

The French government today vowed to clear Calais of the shanty town of illegal immigrants waiting to cross to the UK.

Immigration minister Eric Besson told the town's business leaders he would order the removal of a squatter camp which evolved after the closure of a French Red Cross reception centre at nearby Sangatte more than six years ago.

And he challenged the UK authorities to share responsibility for solving the problem.

Mr Besson urged the UK to sign up to an agreement making Calais a passport free zone - so they can get rid of thousands of illegal migrants.

Radical measures: An armed riot police officer faces immigrants in Calais after a police raid on Tuesday that rounded up nearly 200 migrants

It would mean that all could get straight across the Channel without official papers to the welfare benefits available in their British ‘Eldorado’.

Exasperated by the sight of the migrants sleeping rough as they try and board Dover-bound trains and lorries illegally, Calais mayor Natacha Bouchard outlined the scheme to Immigration Minister Eric Besson.

‘It’s necessary to speed up negotiations with the British because at the moment we’re ready to charter a boat to dump them over there,’ said Mrs Bouchard.

She said all that Britain had to do was sign up to the Schengen agreement, which allows anybody to travel between designated European Union states – including France - without passports or visas.

Mrs Bouchard also welcomed a scheme to bring in the Army to destroy a notorious shanty town next to Calais port called ‘The Jungle’ where a London journalism student was raped last year.

Both politicians – who are tough talking members of the ruling UMP party - were taking part in a crunch meeting aimed at ‘cleaning up’ a problem firmly blamed on Britain’s benefits culture.

The French believe it encourages foreigners from all over the world to use their country as a base to get to the UK, where they will receive generous welfare payments as asylum seekers or else disappear into the black economy.

While Mr Besson favours the use of military force to tear down the squatter camps, he knows that removing passport controls from Calais would cause outrage on the other side of the Channel.

Instead he would prefer to see a series of ‘mini’ welcome centres set up along the French coast, offering food, showers, and information about how to claim asylum.

The Minister denies emphatically that they will be like the Red Cross Centre at Sangatte which acted as a magnet to thousands of migrants to the UK before being shut down as part of an Anglo-French agreement in 2002.

If the UK did sign up to Schengen, then all of the Calais migrants could flock to Dover unchallenged – meaning France’s problem would immediately become a British one.

Earlier this week Mrs Bouchard said: ‘Today, with some 800 migrants in the town, the situation is becoming unmanageable. Calais is hostage to Britain, which refuses to ratify Schengen.'

There are some 2000 migrants sleeping rough in the entire Pas de Calais area, with most playing a nightly game of cat and mouse with frontier police as they try to board lorries and trains to Britain.

Referring to ‘The Jungle’, Mrs Bouchart said: ‘It’s not a camp, it’s a village. The municipal workers cannot clean it up, they’re not up to it.

‘I’ve told the Prefect and I’ve asked him to look at a measure to wipe out this organised village. It needs an intervention by the Army.

‘There are more than 80 shelters, with a transport stop, a mosque, and a shop.

‘Migrants know exactly how to go about taking water, electricity, and stolen building material from local businesses.’ She said thousands of pounds worth of equipment had been stolen to build makeshift homes, with some of it recovered during a series of police raids on Tuesday.

Almost 200 men were arrested at the same time, in an attempt to break up people smuggling gangs who charge up to £1000-a-time for illegal passages to the south coast of England.

While almost all have since been released, Mr Besson said the operation was a success, and that his ‘target’ was the people smugglers.

On the new welcome centres Mr Besson insisted they will not become ‘a new, or a mini Sangatte.’

British Immigration Minister Phil Woolas said: ‘The UK policy is to not sign up to the Schengen Agreement.

'Free movement is only rightly available to legal entrants. Weakening our controls will only play into the hands of the traffickers who profit from human misery and suffering.’

linked-image

i tell ya if it happens the rivers of blood speech just might come true.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Plainbob13

• Bill Hill

• ExpandMyMind

• The Silver Thong

all aboard!

last stop, the promised land...

we can't do any more even if we tried.....

We all know the french shifted them there in the first place so they could be off loaded to the UK..

Our Government is weak, and it's ordinary people who have to live with the flippin consequences..

Brainwashing sequence activated

which is great, there's no problem.. we're all one big happy family..

all aboard!

last stop, the promised land...

:lol:

Special deal, two council houses instead of one..

Hmm dump them all in the ocean miles away from land.

Then once we have finished doing that to the French we should do it to the migrants also. :P

i think all us brits should just save up and get them all counterfeit french passports.

that would serve the french proper for demanding we take their problem... and it would be much cheaper than letting them in!

Edited by expandmymind

Hmm dump them all in the ocean miles away from land.

Then once we have finished doing that to the French we should do it to the migrants also. :P

OH NO YOU DIDN'T! (Bows to Zerg)

I just got a little more respect for you. :devil:

Asylum HAS to be claimed in the first "safe" country in which these "refugees" land. It is most definitely a French problem, NOT the UK's.

Brilliant, this is just what we need when we're trying to find £170 billion worth of savings to rescue the economy.

i think all us brits should just save up and get them all counterfeit french passports.

that would serve the french proper for demanding we take their problem... and it would be much cheaper than letting them in!

Do not you anticipate that if equipped with French passports, they all would immediately legally get to Britain with them? The real problem is in UK giving away free money, not in the French politicians - this is like like to have a honey-pot open, of course all flies would be in your kitchen!

This is what I dont understand........

Earlier this week Mrs Bouchard said: ‘Today, with some 800 migrants in the town, the situation is becoming unmanageable. Calais is hostage to Britain, which refuses to ratify Schengen.'

Currently ALL EU member states citizens have free access to any country, they just need passports to enter Ireland and the UK. So I am guessing that these "migrants" are not members of the EU Nations.... ergo sum they are illegal immigrants who have not even claimed asylum in France. It is the job of france to process these immigrants - just because the rest of mainland EU nations have decided to completely open their borders is their responsibility so it is about time time they faced their duties under this freely - negotiated Treaty, and to abide by the UN Regulations (which they are all signatories to) for processing genuine Asylum seekers.

Can you even begin to imagine what would result if the UK signed up to the Schengen Treaty????

this is like like to have a honey-pot open, of course all flies would be in your kitchen!

Flies lol, like it. :lol:

But yeah we keep telling the Gov, they just don't listen.

Apparently it's 'racist' to restrict the number of illegals, or to know how many are coming in..or who they are..

Or to expect them to learn english or even to work for that matter.

Or even to avoid illegal activities.

I think most people in power don't see it, until they pass through the areas, and then it's like...'oh ****'

I'm outta here..

Then, there's always a group of middle class dribbly dribblers to tell us, we're all racist, except for them..

Wow this almost sounds like third world stuff. Why did France let them in to begin with if they can't handle them? sorry not up on the whole situation.

Wow this almost sounds like third world stuff. Why did France let them in to begin with if they can't handle them? sorry not up on the whole situation.

well, France collects all its worse ones and then pushes them to Calais, knowing they can ship em to UK.

When it comes to things like this, France doesn't care..

Clever, but annoying.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/...s-migrants.html

France to send army in as mayor of Calais demands UK open its doors to migrants

The French government today vowed to clear Calais of the shanty town of illegal immigrants waiting to cross to the UK.

Sooo, France DEMANDS the UK open it's doors to illegal immigrants? Citing that the UK's generous welfare system as the cause? Where I work we call that dumping.

linked-image

Hmm, where's the women folk at?

Well I hope the french dont send them to England I hope they detain them and then deport them. But at least its good on the french to clear up the shanty town even if it is using the military.

~Thanato

Sooo, France DEMANDS the UK open it's doors to illegal immigrants? Citing that the UK's generous welfare system as the cause? Where I work we call that dumping.

linked-image

Hmm, where's the women folk at?

Usually the men come first and then they bring the whole family over.

If these migrants come from the middle east, I would say it really risky.

In Germany my tax money was surely funding some terrorists.

These people will cut off the hands that are nourishing them. (extremists)

In Germany many refuse to learn the language properly as an excuse not to have to work and collect benefits.

These politicians who bring them in must be benefiting in some way-it surely is not because of the kindness in their hearts.

Fact is crime rates in Europe have been soaring with these immigration policies.

It is not a a problem of race or ethnicity-it is a problem of the mentality that they bring with them.

What's so ironic is that these liberal Europeans and their policies have invited all these people in that are anything but liberal. In fact they despise western society-but yet expect to benefit from it.

They have invited people in, that hate the liberal philosophies of those that said they should have a right to asylum and encourage a "no borders" mentality. And now we even have Sharia being introduced into these democratic societies.

Be careful what you wish for

Immigration is wonderful, if there are enough jobs to go around, and when people respect and intend to adjust to the culture and values of their host country. Europe has no intelligent, sane or logical immigration policy

Edited by momentarylapseofreason

Usually the men come first and then they bring the whole family over.

Alot of them don't look old enough to be married and too young to have much savvy in regards to aiding the rest of the hee-haw gang to migrate.

They are there illegally, so I believe it's obvious what FRANCE needs to do about it.

Alot of them don't look old enough to be married and too young to have much savvy in regards to aiding the rest of the hee-haw gang to migrate.

They are there illegally, so I believe it's obvious what FRANCE needs to do about it.

Yea. But I don't think France has the backbone to do it. I'm sure they don't want to be called Racist for following the law. The same thing is happening here in the US. Try to enforce the law and all the bleeding-hearts come out from under the rocks and start screaming.

I don't understand why France thinks they can dump there problem on the rest of the UK and why doesn't the UK just flat out say no you deal with them or deport them.

Here in Canada we have a problem with this but by no means on this scale. Compaired to the U.S. and UK our imigration problem actually looks fantastic.

This situation we find ourselves in, in Britain really does beggar belief. What our current and recent governments have done to this Nation is nothing short of treachery. if past governments pre 1950 would have tried these tricks, they would have been removed from office and hung. go back a bit further and heads would be rolling literally.

We've lost control of our borders and we get pushed around from pillar to damn post. But fear not there is an undercurrent in this country growing. and it wont be too long before the Empire Strikes Back.

This situation we find ourselves in, in Britain really does beggar belief. What our current and recent governments have done to this Nation is nothing short of treachery. if past governments pre 1950 would have tried these tricks, they would have been removed from office and hung. go back a bit further and heads would be rolling literally.

We've lost control of our borders and we get pushed around from pillar to damn post. But fear not there is an undercurrent in this country growing. and it wont be too long before the Empire Strikes Back.

From what I'v seen I think your right. Do you think the uprising will be against the government or the imigrants, I guess it would have to be both... what a mess...

who said anything about marriage ?

In alot of these countries they may bring first line relatives, parents, siblings etc.-once they are legal of course.