Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

zimmerman's rights are our rights.

danielost

I was going to use one of the other zimmerman threads, but I didn't ant this to get lost in a sea of posts.

This is aimed at those who are still pushing for zimmerman to be put in prison.

Zimmerman has had his day in court. He was found not guilty by a jury. That should have been the end of it. But no, people like al sharpton are pushing the doj and the president to find something to put him in prison. That, in my opinion, would violate the double jeoperdy clause in the constitution. Just because you call something else, doesn't make it a new crime.

I am posting this to remind all of you, that if they take right away from zimmerman. They are taking it from you too. Every right one person loses everyone loses it. I think we have lost enough of our rights.

These rights are what our founding fathers fought and died for. These rights are what tge civil war was for, to give them to every citizen. These rights are what all of soilders fought and died for.

Stand up for your rights. And, just so you'll know I think zimmerman should have stood down when he was told to do so. But since few others are standing up for his rights I will do so.

• Like 7

Technically I think the double jeopardy clause is about being on trial for one's actual life. As in, if you lose you are executed. I may be mistaken but that's always the way I understood it. But I agree that Z should be done with his legal troubles unless a civil suit can be brought and PROVED.

• Like 3

A civil rights violation trial at the federal stage is not related to the second degree murder state trial. Thus it would not be double jeopardy.

Among evidence yet uncovered some believe Zimmerman used the racial epitaph "'c" word instead of punks during the non emergency call.

His cousin, Witness #9, offered to state prosecutors a racially biased background for Zimmerman and his family.

Others might yet still come forward.

Now, regarding the claim that it is one individual or special interest group that is pressuring the Justice Department, that is not necessarily true. A vast cross-section of society of all ethnic groups desire justice.

Also it has already been reported that the Justice Department never closed their investigation but merely suspended it to allow the state trial to proceed. It has naturally been reopened so any action on their part is not based on pressure from any one group.

The Justice Department also has professional and career prosecutors who likely have served across several presidential administrations.

The resumption of the federal investigation is standard procedure at this point. That it coincides with national interest is not the sole reason it is going to continue.

The further conspiracy theory that the media is behind all this ignores the featuring role of social media. Of course some CTers will claim people are just brainwashed and don't think for themselves and believe whatever the media puts out all because the national opinion disgarees with theirs. That is a conspiracy theory.

Then there is the libertarian agenda to claim the federal government is illegitimate in and of itself. The Civil War settled that long ago. There will not be another. Many people are just moving on from the old ways. Change happens. It is normal.

Edited by The world needs you
  • Like 2

A civil rights violation trial at the federal stage is not related to the second degree murder state trial. Thus it would not be double jeopardy.

Among evidence yet uncovered some believe Zimmerman used the racial epitaph "'c" word instead of punks during the non emergency call.

His cousin, Witness #9, offered to state prosecutors a racially biased background for Zimmerman and his family.

Others might yet still come forward.

Now, regarding the claim that it is one individual or special interest group that is pressuring the Justice Department, that is not necessarily true. A vast cross-section of society of all ethnic groups desire justice.

Also it has already been reported that the Justice Department never closed their investigation but merely suspended it to allow the state trial to proceed. It has naturally been reopened so any action on their part is not based on pressure from any one group.

The Justice Department also has professional and career prosecutors who likely have served across several presidential administrations.

The resumption of the federal investigation is standard procedure at this point. That it coincides with national interest is not the sole reason it is going to continue.

The further conspiracy theory that the media is behind all this ignores the featuring role of social media. Of course some CTers will claim people are just brainwashed and don't think for themselves and believe whatever the media puts out all because the national opinion disgarees with theirs. That is a conspiracy theory.

Then there is the libertarian agenda to claim the federal government is illegitimate in and of itself. The Civil War settled that long ago. There will not be another. Many people are just moving on from the old ways. Change happens. It is normal.

You're FOS and the FBI agrees. They found absolutely zero evidence for racism with Zimmerman so how did you come up with your "facts"? Eric Holder's DJ is one of, if not the most, corrupt in teh history of this country so using them as a point of reference marks you for what you are, a biased left wing nut that has made up a story and refuses to back down from it.

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 6

I used al sharpton as an example. Not as a group or single individual.

The double jeoperdy clause was put in to stop exactly what they are trying to do. That is to put someone on trail over and over until you get the verdict that you want. They did this to oj and now they want to do it again.

• Like 2

I used al sharpton as an example. Not as a group or single individual.

The double jeoperdy clause was put in to stop exactly what they are trying to do. That is to put someone on trail over and over until you get the verdict that you want. They did this to oj and now they want to do it again.

Civil lawsuits don't count as double jeopardy as they aren't brought by the state. Holder is playing a game, inciting hatred and anger when he knows there is no chance of another suit succeeding regardless of what the biased leftist above believes, the delusional ass. A real president would stop this, especially with the powers Obama has but alas, we have a man-child, elected by the idiocracy, who loves the strife since it covers his other scandals.

• Like 8

I think what people are feeling is what was expressed by one of the Jurors...

B37 said some jurors wanted to find Zimmerman guilty of something, but there was just no place to go based on the law.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57593887/zimmerman-juror-half-of-us-at-first-voted-to-convict/

• Like 3

This thread is not about zimmerman. It is about you, me and your grandkids. It is about your grandkids and what rights you want them to have. Double jeoperdy was put in, because the english were putting people on trail over and over with "new charges" until they got the verdict they wanted. I heard that on fox last night.

• Like 3

Civil lawsuits don't count as double jeopardy as they aren't brought by the state. Holder is playing a game, inciting hatred and anger when he knows there is no chance of another suit succeeding regardless of what the biased leftist above believes, the delusional ass. A real president would stop this, especially with the powers Obama has but alas, we have a man-child, elected by the idiocracy, who loves the strife since it covers his other scandals.

I don't know why people are surprised that obama isn't doing his job. He didn't do the last job he was hired to do. Instead he started his run for (p)resident.

• Like 3

I doubt that Holder will pursue it. He'll do and say a few things for the sake of optics designed to please some people. The FBI found no evidence of racism in Zimmerman's life (just the opposite, in fact), so the DOJ pronouncements were just cosmetic rhetoric used to quell the ongoing storm. It's doubtful that they'll pursue it further....unless they employ questionable, underhanded methods.

• Like 3

I doubt that Holder will pursue it. He'll do and say a few things for the sake of optics designed to please some people. The FBI found no evidence of racism in Zimmerman's life (just the opposite, in fact), so the DOJ pronouncements were just cosmetic rhetoric used to quell the ongoing storm. It's doubtful that they'll pursue it further....unless they employ questionable, underhanded methods.

I agree. They'll make a lot of noise at first and then each week they'll let it bleed down a little more and then in 4 or 5 weeks they'll simply start ignoring it and the "Case" will just disappear.

• Like 2

This thread is not about zimmerman. It is about you, me and your grandkids. It is about your grandkids and what rights you want them to have. Double jeoperdy was put in, because the english were putting people on trail over and over with "new charges" until they got the verdict they wanted. I heard that on fox last night.

No one is having their rights removed which would be weakening rights.

This is about insuring everyone single one of us have equal rights and therefore strengthening rights.

In the other thread I posted a link to Hillary Clinton "not" saying that she thinks GZ should be put in prison. She danced around actually saying it like a career politician.

I also posted a link to a "Boycott article". Where people are now saying that there should be a boycott on Florida till the verdict is reversed, or the SYG law is removed. Stevie Wonder says he'll never go to Florida till they fix the laws.

Also posted a Chicago Tribune article that points out that even the FBI says there is Zero evidence of racism. Actually the opposite is true... GZ performed various community vollinteer activities to help under privaleged black youth.

• Like 2

Any trial that results from the now resumed federal investigation will be based on new and credible evidence uncovered.

There is nothing questionable or underhanded in resuming the investigation.

The DOJ has even set up an e-mail address for new tips:

The DOJ has also set up a public email address to take in tips on its civil rights investigation.

Barbara Arnwine, president and executive director the Lawyers' Committee for Civil Rights Under Law – who earlier in the day joined calls for federal civil rights charges against Zimmerman, said that later in the afternoon, she joined a U.S. Department of Justice conference call to discuss the prospects.

“They were calling on us to actively refer anyone who had any information,” that might build a case against Zimmerman for either a civil rights violation or a hate crime, Arnwine said. “They said they would very aggressively investigate this case.

Arnwine said the call was convened at about 3:30 p.m. by Tom Perez, Assistant Attorney General for the Civil Rights Division of the United States Department of Justice, and included representatives from the FBI, and several federal prosecutors, she said. DOJ officials also said they would open a public email address so people could send in tips on the case.

*snip*

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/os-george-zimmerman-doj-investigation,0,4338518.story

Now if one wishes to take the view that the first part of the investigation last year was all that can ever be investigated and that information gathered then is all that could ever be used in a federal civil rights violation trial then that would clearly fall out of line with current federal civil rights statutes.

According to the Matthew Shepard and James Byrd, Jr., Hate Crimes Prevention Act:

For offenses resulting in death, there is no statute of limitations.

http://1.usa.gov/iiFJm1

Technically I think the double jeopardy clause is about being on trial for one's actual life. As in, if you lose you are executed. I may be mistaken but that's always the way I understood it. But I agree that Z should be done with his legal troubles unless a civil suit can be brought and PROVED.

Technically that's not true. Legally you can't be criminally tried for the same crime twice. It's not limited to one's actual life. A civil suit is possible. I also don't know why you have the word 'proved' in all caps. The burden of evidence is lower in a civil case than the criminal charges he is acquitted of. The law demands proving his guilt beyond a reasonable doubt for a criminal trial. In the civil court, it's merely a preponderance of the evidence.

• Like 2

Any trial that results from the now resumed federal investigation will be based on new and credible evidence uncovered.

http://www.orlandose...0,4338518.story

Now if one wishes to take the view that the first part of the investigation last year was all that can ever be investigated and that information gathered then is all that could ever be used in a federal civil rights violation trial then that would clearly fall out of line with current federal civil rights statutes.

According to the Matthew Shepard and James Byrd, Jr., Hate Crimes Prevention Act:

Give me a break. :rolleyes: The whole witch hunt definitely is questionable and underhanded. Exhibit A is the laughable, transparent DOJ tips line. That's worthy of the Stasi on a fishing expedition. The FBI found no racism. They work for Holder. Does he not trust his own employees? Here's what we *do* know about GZ and "race". He's Brown and White, and he has a Black grandma. His Black neighbor supports him. He helped disadvantaged Black children in a community program both before and after it was cancelled. He sided with a homeless Black man against the Sanford police. He took a Black date to his prom. Gee, he sounds just like David Duke. If Holder can't find something to support the leftist fairy tale, some "tipsters" very well could play the Brothers Grimm for him. The Attorney General should change his name to "Joe McCarthy" if he continues down this hypocritical road. I still recall what he *didn't* do in the case of the Black Panthers at the polling place. In fact, there was a memo to not vigorously pursue cases in which White people were victims of civil rights violations. This double standard shows why ideologues are not to be believed or trusted. The Zimmerman fiasco is no different.

• Like 7

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/os-george-zimmerman-doj-investigation,0,4338518.story

This is a true witch hunt. If you want zimmerman put in jail call tge above number and lie.

• Like 2

This is a tactic to remove more of our Rights. It’s right out of Alinski. To create division between the races so that Obama can step in to make peace (campaign against) and in the process, take another step closer to taking our guns away. When you look at things like Sherman Ware and the vast numbers of Black youth whose names we will never know that are killed by other Black people in Chicago, you see something is afoot.

• Like 2

A lot of the problem was they appealed to the jurors emotions rather than facts, and that should not be allowed at all.

What really got me, was when his brother said something like "people be out there thinking they're vigilantes and someone could get hurt."

I was like, are you kidding me.

A lot of the problem was they appealed to the jurors emotions rather than facts, and that should not be allowed at all.

I don’t think you can ever keep emotions out of it, but the jurors did a good job of keeping them in check and weighed only the facts.

What really got me, was when his brother said something like "people be out there thinking they're vigilantes and someone could get hurt."

Yeah, that’s what gets me too. Those that are claiming that Zimmerman is racist are the most racist of the lot.

• Like 3

I don't think you can ever keep emotions out of it, but the jurors did a good job of keeping them in check and weighed only the facts.

Yeah, that's what gets me too. Those that are claiming that Zimmerman is racist are the most racist of the lot.

Claiming that someone is racist, is not a racist statement. It's just an assumption.

I still don't understand why he went after the kid, saying 'they always get away'.

Like, who is 'they' and he wasn't even doing anything!

Claiming that someone is racist, is not a racist statement. It's just an assumption.

I still don't understand why he went after the kid, saying 'they always get away'.

Like, who is 'they' and he wasn't even doing anything!

Claiming someone as “they” is not a racist statement, it’s just a pronoun.

• Like 1

Claiming someone as "they" is not a racist statement, it's just a pronoun.

Now you're cherry picking my argument. I didn't connect racism with they, he could have meant teens for all I know.

Now you're cherry picking my argument.

I wasn’t the one cherry picking.

I didn't connect racism with they,

You made the connection. Guilt by association.

he could have meant teens for all I know.

Bingo!

• Like 1