Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


- - - - -

10 years of UM: Staff Q & A


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
190 replies to this topic

#151    Still Waters

Still Waters

    Deeply Mysterious

  • 37,110 posts
  • Joined:01 Jun 2008
  • Gender:Female

  • Que Sera, Sera - Whatever will be, will be..

Posted 28 February 2011 - 12:24 PM

View PostErix, on 28 February 2011 - 07:35 AM, said:

To Saru and Mods: When a user posts a really crap topic or leaves a dumb reply, do you swear to yourself or think he/she is an utter looney?
No comment  :innocent:

Posted Image

#152    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

    Sarcastic Muppet..!

  • Member
  • 51,193 posts
  • Joined:01 Nov 2005
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Ireland

  • "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 28 February 2011 - 01:01 PM

View PostStill Waters, on 28 February 2011 - 12:24 PM, said:

No comment  :innocent:

You're just right not to comment  ...I couldn't pic you saying - oh yes I do think they are all looneys :lol:

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#153    Still Waters

Still Waters

    Deeply Mysterious

  • 37,110 posts
  • Joined:01 Jun 2008
  • Gender:Female

  • Que Sera, Sera - Whatever will be, will be..

Posted 28 February 2011 - 01:13 PM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 28 February 2011 - 01:01 PM, said:

You're just right not to comment  ...I couldn't pic you saying - oh yes I do think they are all looneys :lol:
:D

You don't have to be mad to be here, but it helps........sometimes  :unsure2:

Posted Image

#154    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

    Sarcastic Muppet..!

  • Member
  • 51,193 posts
  • Joined:01 Nov 2005
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Ireland

  • "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 28 February 2011 - 01:36 PM

View PostStill Waters, on 28 February 2011 - 01:13 PM, said:

:D

You don't have to be mad to be here, but it helps........sometimes  :unsure2:

:lol: Exactly

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#155    behaviour???

behaviour???

    Saru's Slave

  • Member
  • 6,763 posts
  • Joined:26 Oct 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:UAE

  • Its is when aspirations come in toe with destiny, are great men manifested

Posted 28 February 2011 - 02:19 PM

To Saru If I was to ask you to name, one feature or whatever is that, without which this site wouldnt have grown such big, what would that be?

To all the modsHave anyone come across your life from UM and blamed you for doing them something like a ban or something like that?

Posted Image


#156    Lilly

Lilly

    Forum Divinity

  • 15,385 posts
  • Joined:16 Apr 2004
  • Gender:Female

  • "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 28 February 2011 - 02:28 PM

View PostErix, on 28 February 2011 - 07:35 AM, said:

To Saru and Mods: When a user posts a really crap topic or leaves a dumb reply, do you swear to yourself or think he/she is an utter looney?

Personally speaking, I don't really care how 'out there' folks want to get...just so they stay civil/polite. I do sometimes wonder about humanity though (what makes some people tick). The human psyche may be the greatest unexplained mystery of them all.

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

"All that live must die, passing through nature into eternity" ~Shakespeare~ Posted Image

#157    Daughter of the Nine Moons

Daughter of the Nine Moons

    ☆。Fearstriker Do'Teh 。☆

  • 14,290 posts
  • Joined:11 Jan 2004
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:I forgot...

  • ☆彡

Posted 28 February 2011 - 03:36 PM

View Postbehaviour???, on 28 February 2011 - 02:19 PM, said:

To all the modsHave anyone come across your life from UM and blamed you for doing them something like a ban or something like that?

I have a sneaking suspicion that we are always at fault when some one gets banned. In all honesty though, banning somebody is always a last resort.

View PostLilly, on 28 February 2011 - 02:28 PM, said:

Personally speaking, I don't really care how 'out there' folks want to get...just so they stay civil/polite. I do sometimes wonder about humanity though (what makes some people tick). The human psyche may be the greatest unexplained mystery of them all.

I agree Lilly.

Saru and all the moderators put in an enormous amount of work in order to make this one of the best places to visit on the web. We might not all have similar beliefs (except maybe concerning evil pleiadian overlords intent on enslaving the masses) but we all believe that UM is a place where you can find intersting and civil conversation.

iheartsugarbear

#158    Saru

Saru

    Site Webmaster

  • 19,859 posts
  • Joined:06 Mar 2001
  • Gender:Male

  • "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 28 February 2011 - 04:09 PM

behaviour??? said:

If I was to ask you to name, one feature or whatever is that, without which this site wouldnt have grown such big, what would that be?
Definately the forum, i don't think the site would have worked very well without one.


#159    Slave2Fate

Slave2Fate

    Bloodstained Hurricane

  • Member
  • 6,414 posts
  • Joined:22 May 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Right behind you!

  • If you don't believe the sun will rise
    Stand alone and greet the coming night
    In the last remaining light -Audioslave

Posted 28 February 2011 - 04:20 PM

View PostSaru, on 28 February 2011 - 04:09 PM, said:

Definately the forum, i don't think the site would have worked very well without one.

That's the main reason I visit. I appreciate the rest of the site but the forum is the 'meat on the bones' of UM in my opinion. If someone is really interested in learning about a phenomena and all of the varied information and viewpoints that go along with it, the forum is the place to do it. At times UM seems more like a research network than a forum to be honest (and I wouldn't have it any other way). :lol:  :tu:

"You want to discuss plausibility then you have to accept reality." -Mattshark

"Don't argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience." -Obviousman

You know... the plural of ``anecdote'' is not ``data''. Similarly, the plural of ``random fact'' is not ``mystical symbolism''. -sepulchrave


#160    behaviour???

behaviour???

    Saru's Slave

  • Member
  • 6,763 posts
  • Joined:26 Oct 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:UAE

  • Its is when aspirations come in toe with destiny, are great men manifested

Posted 28 February 2011 - 04:38 PM

Another Question: 10 years since UM opened its doors to the public, still I see the forum running on the default IPB skin ( Most of us including me doesnt really concentrate on the skin as we are very much involved in the discussions, but yet)do you have any plans to change it? Why havent you thought on this?

Posted Image


#161    Saru

Saru

    Site Webmaster

  • 19,859 posts
  • Joined:06 Mar 2001
  • Gender:Male

  • "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 28 February 2011 - 04:57 PM

View Postbehaviour???, on 28 February 2011 - 04:38 PM, said:

Another Question: 10 years since UM opened its doors to the public, still I see the forum running on the default IPB skin ( Most of us including me doesnt really concentrate on the skin as we are very much involved in the discussions, but yet)do you have any plans to change it? Why havent you thought on this?
We aren't using the default IPB skin, we use a modified template with a custom design, colour scheme and features. I think we've gone through at least three variations of our custom forum theme over the years and will likely be updating it again in the not too distant future.

What lead you to think we were using the default skin ?


#162    behaviour???

behaviour???

    Saru's Slave

  • Member
  • 6,763 posts
  • Joined:26 Oct 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:UAE

  • Its is when aspirations come in toe with destiny, are great men manifested

Posted 28 February 2011 - 05:16 PM

View PostSaru, on 28 February 2011 - 04:57 PM, said:

We aren't using the default IPB skin, we use a modified template with a custom design, colour scheme and features. I think we've gone through at least three variations of our custom forum theme over the years and will likely be updating it again in the not too distant future.

What lead you to think we were using the default skin ?

Did I totally clog my mind up? Seems like I am getting a hang! I just could resist laughing and couldnt get back after reading this thread: http://www.unexplain...pic=180897&st=0

Posted Image


#163    Admiral Rhubarb

Admiral Rhubarb

    Often Unsatisfactory

  • Member
  • 23,524 posts
  • Joined:09 May 2005
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Hammerfest

  • Vampires are people too.

Posted 28 February 2011 - 05:39 PM

View PostSlave2Fate, on 28 February 2011 - 04:20 PM, said:

That's the main reason I visit. I appreciate the rest of the site but the forum is the 'meat on the bones' of UM in my opinion. If someone is really interested in learning about a phenomena and all of the varied information and viewpoints that go along with it, the forum is the place to do it. At times UM seems more like a research network than a forum to be honest (and I wouldn't have it any other way). :lol:  :tu:
There's some other bits?!  :unsure2:  :o

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.


Posted Image


#164    Slave2Fate

Slave2Fate

    Bloodstained Hurricane

  • Member
  • 6,414 posts
  • Joined:22 May 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Right behind you!

  • If you don't believe the sun will rise
    Stand alone and greet the coming night
    In the last remaining light -Audioslave

Posted 28 February 2011 - 05:46 PM

View Post747400, on 28 February 2011 - 05:39 PM, said:

There's some other bits?!  :unsure2:  :o

Certainly. The news, vids/galleries, blogs, a lot of good stuff! :tu:  I just prefer the more interactive nature of the forums, it has a tendency to direct my learning and research as opposed to the random and chaotic way I do it on my own. ^_^

"You want to discuss plausibility then you have to accept reality." -Mattshark

"Don't argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience." -Obviousman

You know... the plural of ``anecdote'' is not ``data''. Similarly, the plural of ``random fact'' is not ``mystical symbolism''. -sepulchrave


#165    slowfade

slowfade

    Ectoplasmic Residue

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 210 posts
  • Joined:17 Sep 2010
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Somewhere in London

  • "It's just a ride" - Bill Hicks

Posted 28 February 2011 - 07:44 PM

Congrats on ten years!

A question for Saru and all the mods:

Of all the various aspects of the unexplained covered on UM, which has been the one you've learned most about as a result of/during your time here?

"The opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference
The opposite of art is not ugliness, it's indifference
The opposite of faith is not heresy, it's indifference
And the opposite of life is not death, it's indifference"
- Eli Wiesel




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users