Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* - - - - 1 votes

Anit-Government Parents Have Children Taken

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#46    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 09 April 2013 - 02:25 PM

But the state nearly NEVER has the solution to abuse.

The state rarely takes truly abused children away. We read about them in the newspapers and about how the system could have intervened and didnt. They only take kids away from normalish parents. Its sanctioned kidnapping and they lean on the parents to get them to act in a way the State deems appropriate. Or you dont ever see your kid again.

Its sickening.

#47    Kowalski

Kowalski

The Original Penguin Conspiracy Theorist

• 4,102 posts

• It's All Some Kind Of Wacked Out Conspiracy....

Posted 09 April 2013 - 02:31 PM

View PostMyles, on 09 April 2013 - 02:15 PM, said:

I don't know, that promo could be taken different ways.   I'm not sure of the intended message.

Actually I think the message is quite clear....Your children don't belong to YOU, they belong to the state....Anyone remember "Hitler's Youth"??

http://en.wikipedia....ki/Hitler_Youth

#48    Mabon

Mabon

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,600 posts

• Blackadder: Baldrick, have you no idea what irony is?
    Baldrick: Yes, it's like goldy and bronzy only it's made out of iron.

Posted 10 April 2013 - 10:57 AM

http://www.wptv.com/...r-to-be-healthy

For those that were really concerned about the kids, they've been found and are heading back to their Grandparents.

Mabon.

One need not be a chamber to be haunted;
One need not be a house;
The brain has corridors surpassing
Material place.  ~ Emily Dickinson

#49    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 10 April 2013 - 11:57 AM

For those that were really concerned about the kids, they've been found and are heading back to their Grandparents.

Which is appropriate possibly. Itleast they are with family. Theres many many cases in America where this didnt happen and I think thats the outrage. But taking a child from the parents/school/social circle they were accustomed too can have lasting detrimental effects and should not be taken lightly.

Im not going to get into cases where children were left in very dangerous situations and the outcome was death or severe injury despite child services intervention and choosing to leave the child there. It just seems these borderline cases where the parents could be dealt with while leaving the child in the the home and life they are accustomed to would be the more prudent approach.

#50    Myles

Myles

Government Agent

• 4,206 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 12:40 PM

View PostKowalski, on 09 April 2013 - 02:31 PM, said:

Actually I think the message is quite clear....Your children don't belong to YOU, they belong to the state....Anyone remember "Hitler's Youth"??

http://en.wikipedia....ki/Hitler_Youth

It's clear to you, but it could be taken different by someone else.   If she was trying to express how the community needs to watch out for one another, it would be different.   I consider myself as belonging to the community I live in.

#51    Kowalski

Kowalski

• 4,102 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 02:14 PM

View PostMyles, on 10 April 2013 - 12:40 PM, said:

It's clear to you, but it could be taken different by someone else.   If she was trying to express how the community needs to watch out for one another, it would be different.   I consider myself as belonging to the community I live in.

Well, if THAT is what she was trying to get across, she should have worded it different. You have to be EXTREMELY careful, especially in the public eye, as to how you say or word things.
My child is NOT part of a "community" he is part of a FAMILY. A very large and extended family...

#52    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 8,166 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 02:29 PM

"Mr Hakken will face charges which include two counts of kidnapping, interfering with child custody, child neglect and false imprisonment.
Mrs Hakken will also face charges of kidnapping, interference with child custody and child neglect, according to AFP."

http://www.bbc.co.uk...canada-22092684

#53    Kowalski

Kowalski

• 4,102 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 02:35 PM

View PostAsteroidX, on 10 April 2013 - 11:57 AM, said:

Which is appropriate possibly. Itleast they are with family. Theres many many cases in America where this didnt happen and I think thats the outrage. But taking a child from the parents/school/social circle they were accustomed too can have lasting detrimental effects and should not be taken lightly.

Im not going to get into cases where children were left in very dangerous situations and the outcome was death or severe injury despite child services intervention and choosing to leave the child there. It just seems these borderline cases where the parents could be dealt with while leaving the child in the the home and life they are accustomed to would be the more prudent approach.

At least they're with the grandparents and not some strangers....I feel bad that these little kids have to go through all this c$#%

#54    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,834 posts

• The objective of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other son of a b**** die for his!
    -Patton

Posted 10 April 2013 - 02:38 PM

View PostKowalski, on 10 April 2013 - 02:14 PM, said:

Well, if THAT is what she was trying to get across, she should have worded it different. You have to be EXTREMELY careful, especially in the public eye, as to how you say or word things.
My child is NOT part of a "community" he is part of a FAMILY. A very large and extended family...

You've never said something that has been misinterpreted?

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent."

----Seraphina

#55    Myles

Myles

Government Agent

• 4,206 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 03:44 PM

View PostKowalski, on 10 April 2013 - 02:14 PM, said:

I'm just saying that we don't know for certain what she meant to say.    You are saying that she should not have used the word "belong"?  
be·long  (bPosted Image-lôngPosted Image, -lPosted ImagengPosted Image)
intr.v. be·longed, be·long·ing, be·longs

To have in one's possession.
To be a part of something else

Two totally different meanings.   We don't know what she was trying to say, so getting bent out of shape and making a big deal out of it iskind of silly.
My children are mine.   But they also belong to our community.   They go to school in our community.   They attend funtions.   They stay the night at friends.  They trick or treat in our community.   But other than laws, no-one tells me how to raise my children.   I do, however, appriciate that the community looks out for their well-being.

#56    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 8,166 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 03:46 PM

Isn't that was America was built?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users