Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Internet Shopping Rises Dramatically

Talon

INTERNET SHOPPING ON RISE

Shoppers surfing the internet spent an average of £770 each last year on goods and services.

A new survey says almost half of those polled had bought a holiday, flight or hotel stay.

Close behind were CDs and other forms of music - bought by 45%.

Just over one in three of the 2,021 British adults questioned earlier this month had splashed out on clothes or shoes online in the past year, and 34% had bought electrical items such as a TV or DVD player.

The number of people shopping on the internet has risen dramatically, according to the YouGov survey commissioned by Alliance & Leicester.

Some 87% of those polled said they used the internet far more than they did five years ago to purchase goods and services.

More than a third said they bought items online every couple of weeks.

Andy Bayes, head of personal loans at Alliance & Leicester, said: "The growing trend we are seeing for consumers to shop online indicates that the British shopping experience is changing.

"More people are acknowledging that the internet can offer greater choice, convenience and value for money."

http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,31500-13228561,00.html

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Talon

• Dowdy

• Novo

• BurnSide

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I must admit, for the last month I've bought all my anime online from Play.com rather than go to A1 Comics or Forbiddon Planet... mainly because its 25% cheaper, even though waiting 3 days for it to arrive is annoying

I've never ordered anything online. Call me paranoid, i don't trust it.

i buy alot of my stuff off ebay. I've bought tools, investment coins, DVD and i've been happy with every single purchase

Ive bought a few things via internet also. The convenience is great!

From another point of view..... My mum is registered disabled and finds it difficult to get out much..... she does all her grocery shopping online. In that respect it could be viewed as a type of independence.

Im with Burnside though, I'm not too sure how safe it is using credit/debit cards online.

Edited by Snowbaby

I do a lot of shopping online myself, not food shopping though even though i can... I prefer to be able to pick it out....

Otherwise its just as safe as long as you know where to go, and what not to do. Credit Card Fraud was around long before the internet.....