Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 4 votes

More NASA UFO's?

ufo nasa

• Please log in to reply
1528 replies to this topic

Poll: Are these UFO's? (51 member(s) have cast votes)

Do these videos contain images of UFO's?

1. Yes (22 votes [43.14%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 43.14%

2. No (29 votes [56.86%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 56.86%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#901    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

• It is later than you think.

Posted 03 November 2012 - 06:54 PM

View PostbooNyzarC, on 03 November 2012 - 06:29 PM, said:

Zoser...

The anomaly in the upper right corner is simply a reflection of the tip of the space station.  If you brighten the original just a little bit, you can see the panel which extends toward the upper right at an angle.

Edit:

Here, this might help:

Edit:

I agree Boon.  It's the top of the ISS.  I didn't see it at first.

Well done :tu:

In fact you don't need to brighten it; look the top of the ISS; it's the same shape.

Edited by zoser, 03 November 2012 - 07:03 PM.

Posted Image

#902    bee

bee

Forum Divinity

• 10,126 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 10:54 PM

View Postzoser, on 03 November 2012 - 09:00 AM, said:

Has anyone come across this object?  Is it one of ours?  Is it a hoax?

Posted Image

View PostbooNyzarC, on 03 November 2012 - 06:29 PM, said:

Zoser...

The anomaly in the upper right corner is simply a reflection of the tip of the space station.  If you brighten the original just a little bit, you can see the panel which extends toward the upper right at an angle.

Edit:

Here, this might help:

Posted Image

booN....do you mean the International Space Station?

I'm not bothered whether it's the Space Station or not...that would make it 'one of ours'.... :D

but I can't see which bit is being reflected and where the rest of it is

http://www.google.co...XKdKT0QXMoYGgDQ

If it is a space station ... I'm wondering why it would have been included in the video if there was such an obvious answer.... :wacko:

#903    bee

bee

Forum Divinity

• 10,126 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 11:17 PM

View Postzoser, on 03 November 2012 - 04:17 PM, said:

It's not about one side against the other; not for me anyway.  There is just too much evidence for the ET hypothesis; no amount of clever argument or clever science can alter that fact.

no smoke without fire..... :tu:  

#904    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 11:18 PM

View Postbee, on 03 November 2012 - 10:54 PM, said:

booN....do you mean the International Space Station?

I'm not bothered whether it's the Space Station or not...that would make it 'one of ours'.... :D

but I can't see which bit is being reflected and where the rest of it is

http://www.google.co...XKdKT0QXMoYGgDQ

If it is a space station ... I'm wondering why it would have been included in the video if there was such an obvious answer.... :wacko:

Yes, that's what I mean.

Do these images help?

Posted Image

Adding for search engines...  s110e5912 STS-110-E-5912 UFO explained/debunked...

Posted Image

Edit to add:

Extremely brightened to the point of adding artifacts, but it does bring out the relevant areas of similarity as well.

Posted Image

I'm sure Chrlzs could do a better job of this, but hopefully you can see the reflection with this.

Edited by booNyzarC, 03 November 2012 - 11:37 PM.

#905    Slave2Fate

Slave2Fate

Bloodstained Hurricane

• 6,414 posts

• If you don't believe the sun will rise
    Stand alone and greet the coming night
    In the last remaining light -Audioslave

Posted 03 November 2012 - 11:28 PM

View Postbee, on 03 November 2012 - 11:17 PM, said:

no smoke without fire..... :tu:  

And if the smoke isn't smoke?

Posted Image

"You want to discuss plausibility then you have to accept reality." -Mattshark

"Don't argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience." -Obviousman

You know... the plural of ``anecdote'' is not ``data''. Similarly, the plural of ``random fact'' is not ``mystical symbolism''. -sepulchrave

#906    bee

bee

Forum Divinity

• 10,126 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 11:33 PM

View PostbooNyzarC, on 03 November 2012 - 11:18 PM, said:

Yes, that's what I mean.

Do these images help?

Thanks....

I don't know yet...I'll have to have a think about it....

Adding for search engines...  s110e5912 STS-110-E-5912 UFO explained/debunked...

what did that mean...it was inbetween your pictures....?

it seemed out of place

:mellow:

#907    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 11:39 PM

View Postbee, on 03 November 2012 - 11:33 PM, said:

Thanks....

I don't know yet...I'll have to have a think about it....

I edited the post with an overly lightened picture of that area.  Do you see it now?

#908    bee

bee

Forum Divinity

• 10,126 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 11:51 PM

View PostbooNyzarC, on 03 November 2012 - 11:18 PM, said:

Extremely brightened to the point of adding artifacts, but it does bring out the relevant areas of similarity as well.

Posted Image

very Starchyesque...... :P

#909    synchronomy

synchronomy

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

• Facinating

Posted 03 November 2012 - 11:55 PM

That's a Russian cargo vessel causing the reflection is it not?

At the heart of science is an essential balance between two seemingly contradictory attitudes--an openness to new ideas, no matter how bizarre or counterintuitive they may be, and the most ruthless skeptical scrutiny of all ideas, old and new.
This is how deep truths are winnowed from deep nonsense. -- Carl Sagan

#910    bee

bee

Forum Divinity

• 10,126 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 11:58 PM

View Postsynchronomy, on 03 November 2012 - 11:55 PM, said:

That's a Russian cargo vessel causing the reflection is it not?

is it.... :unsure2:

the plot thickens.....lol

#911    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 12:01 AM

View Postbee, on 03 November 2012 - 11:51 PM, said:

very Starchyesque...... :P

I'm going to start drinking now...  and try to forget that you compared me to Starchy...

:P

I trust you see it now though, right?

#912    bee

bee

Forum Divinity

• 10,126 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 12:09 AM

View PostbooNyzarC, on 04 November 2012 - 12:01 AM, said:

I'm going to start drinking now...  and try to forget that you compared me to Starchy...

:D

cheers (literally)

#913    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 12:14 AM

View Postbee, on 04 November 2012 - 12:09 AM, said:

:D

cheers (literally)

Posted Image

#914    1963

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,083 posts

• When the day is through,and the nightsky shades the blue,and the swallows cease to sing as they fly!.......

Posted 04 November 2012 - 02:52 AM

Just in case anyone is interested...Here is where I stand on 'NASA UFOs'...The youtube video's are all [well a lot of them] fascinating...but near-enough all of them that I consider to be genuine, also have the potential for mundane explanations!...Yes even Jim's ice/micro-debris fits-all explanations have a great deal of credibility in many cases! :yes: ...

And in my honest opinion...There are a plethora of astronautical-UFO sightings, and just maybe...some of them are of a clear-cut extraterrestrial intelligently-operated machine type encounter!...unfortunately I have so far seen no indisputable conclusive evidence of this to call it.. 'A Fact'...but the one thing that I am pretty certain of , is that even if all of the stories of astronauts routinely being 'paced', 'buzzed', or otherwise being 'observed' by an alien species , [or quite possibly , many species] , the government policy of dissembling the truth about alien presence [that I firmly believe has been utilised for decades] will undoubtedly extend to NASA!...No matter how cleverly denied by the likes of our friend James Oberg et al.
And as a wholehearted proponent of the ETH that also follows the doctrine that 'the government' [or at least the 'authorities therein' that are supposed to know the truth,..know a damn site more about the visitations than us, but for some reason they are not willing to share their knowledge] therefore logic dictates that I have no choice other than to believe that this is the case, and the 'legal get-out jargon' in this 'NASA Federal Register Notice' document,[in which I understand it to mean that it is not legally obliged to tell the truth!..?] is nothing more than I would have assumed that a government-controlled organisation such as NASA would have!....

http://www.hq.nasa.g...OIA/exempt.html

I have read the convincing accounts given by many former astronauts and other NASA and NASA related employees about sightings and strange UFO/ET events that they 'allegedly' have knowledge of..[some of them are too persuasive for me to doubt!]...but I have yet to find the 'smoking gun' among them!
And until the day comes that either the government or NASA itself decides that it is time for public 'Disclosure' of everything it knows about ETV,..then an astronaut's claims about 'alien visitation' can be treated with no less scepticism than the claim of Joe Bloggs from down at the breakers yard!..[though I am probably just as guilty as most people in the fact that I tend to initially view an astronauts story with a little more deference than the average Joe's story!...but when it comes down to it , I know that the parameters of validity are the same! ]
So even though I do believe many of the accounts given by NASA employees [but by no means all of them]...I have to view them as very interesting, but 'unsupported' and mainly anecdotal evidence just like any other !

As a matter of interest, ...here is a piece of testimony from 'Mercury Astronaut and all round NASA top guy'..Deke Slayton...[a guy that is considered as straight as they come, even by hardened-sceptics!] ..about a personal UFO sighting of a very-real 'miniature flying saucer', whilst flying a P-51 fighter in Minneapolis in 1951.....

"Donald Slayton a Mercury astronaut revealed in an interview he had seen UFOs in 1951: "I was testing a P-51 fighter in Minneapolis when I spotted this object. I was at about 10,000 feet on a nice, bright, sunny afternoon. I thought the object was a kite, then I realized that no kite is gonna fly that high. As I got closer it looked like a weather balloon, gray and about three feet in diameter. But as soon as I got behind the darn thing it didn't look like a balloon anymore. It looked like a saucer, a disk. About the same time, I realized that it was suddenly going away from me -- and there I was, running at about 300 miles per hour. I tracked it for a little way, and then all of a sudden the damn thing just took off. It pulled about a 45 degree climbing turn and accelerated and just flat disappeared."
Donald "Deke" Slayon, NASA Mercury Astronaut

http://ufopartisan.b...mazing-ufo.html

...and here is the original 'Project Blue Book' entry from when he originally reported the encounter....

http://www.bluebooka...e=MAXW-PBB9-660

....notice the Blue Book evaluation of this remarkable encounter?..yes that's right!.."A BALLOON"!...Posted Image

Cheers.

GORT...KLAATU BARADA NIKTO.

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.

#915    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

• It is later than you think.

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:49 AM

View Postbee, on 03 November 2012 - 11:58 PM, said:

is it.... :unsure2:

the plot thickens.....lol

I'm not entirely clear how the reflection occured, but I can see that t

View Post1963, on 04 November 2012 - 02:52 AM, said:

Just in case anyone is interested...Here is where I stand on 'NASA UFOs'...The youtube video's are all [well a lot of them] fascinating...but near-enough all of them that I consider to be genuine, also have the potential for mundane explanations!...Yes even Jim's ice/micro-debris fits-all explanations have a great deal of credibility in many cases! :yes: ...

And in my honest opinion...There are a plethora of astronautical-UFO sightings, and just maybe...some of them are of a clear-cut extraterrestrial intelligently-operated machine type encounter!...unfortunately I have so far seen no indisputable conclusive evidence of this to call it.. 'A Fact'...but the one thing that I am pretty certain of , is that even if all of the stories of astronauts routinely being 'paced', 'buzzed', or otherwise being 'observed' by an alien species , [or quite possibly , many species] , the government policy of dissembling the truth about alien presence [that I firmly believe has been utilised for decades] will undoubtedly extend to NASA!...No matter how cleverly denied by the likes of our friend James Oberg et al.
And as a wholehearted proponent of the ETH that also follows the doctrine that 'the government' [or at least the 'authorities therein' that are supposed to know the truth,..know a damn site more about the visitations than us, but for some reason they are not willing to share their knowledge] therefore logic dictates that I have no choice other than to believe that this is the case, and the 'legal get-out jargon' in this 'NASA Federal Register Notice' document,[in which I understand it to mean that it is not legally obliged to tell the truth!..?] is nothing more than I would have assumed that a government-controlled organisation such as NASA would have!....

http://www.hq.nasa.g...OIA/exempt.html

I have read the convincing accounts given by many former astronauts and other NASA and NASA related employees about sightings and strange UFO/ET events that they 'allegedly' have knowledge of..[some of them are too persuasive for me to doubt!]...but I have yet to find the 'smoking gun' among them!
And until the day comes that either the government or NASA itself decides that it is time for public 'Disclosure' of everything it knows about ETV,..then an astronaut's claims about 'alien visitation' can be treated with no less scepticism than the claim of Joe Bloggs from down at the breakers yard!..[though I am probably just as guilty as most people in the fact that I tend to initially view an astronauts story with a little more deference than the average Joe's story!...but when it comes down to it , I know that the parameters of validity are the same! ]
So even though I do believe many of the accounts given by NASA employees [but by no means all of them]...I have to view them as very interesting, but 'unsupported' and mainly anecdotal evidence just like any other !

As a matter of interest, ...here is a piece of testimony from 'Mercury Astronaut and all round NASA top guy'..Deke Slayton...[a guy that is considered as straight as they come, even by hardened-sceptics!] ..about a personal UFO sighting of a very-real 'miniature flying saucer', whilst flying a P-51 fighter in Minneapolis in 1951.....

"Donald Slayton a Mercury astronaut revealed in an interview he had seen UFOs in 1951: "I was testing a P-51 fighter in Minneapolis when I spotted this object. I was at about 10,000 feet on a nice, bright, sunny afternoon. I thought the object was a kite, then I realized that no kite is gonna fly that high. As I got closer it looked like a weather balloon, gray and about three feet in diameter. But as soon as I got behind the darn thing it didn't look like a balloon anymore. It looked like a saucer, a disk. About the same time, I realized that it was suddenly going away from me -- and there I was, running at about 300 miles per hour. I tracked it for a little way, and then all of a sudden the damn thing just took off. It pulled about a 45 degree climbing turn and accelerated and just flat disappeared."
Donald "Deke" Slayon, NASA Mercury Astronaut

http://ufopartisan.b...mazing-ufo.html

...and here is the original 'Project Blue Book' entry from when he originally reported the encounter....

http://www.bluebooka...e=MAXW-PBB9-660

....notice the Blue Book evaluation of this remarkable encounter?..yes that's right!.."A BALLOON"!...Posted Image

Cheers.

GORT...KLAATU BARADA NIKTO.

The Donald Slayton case sounds very intriguing.  Why would he make up a story like that?

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users