Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 2 votes

Collective Mass Siezure of The American Left

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#46    Guardsman Bass

Guardsman Bass

Poltergeist

• 2,222 posts

• Don't spam me, but feel free to drop a line.

Posted 08 September 2008 - 08:39 PM

libertyworld on Sep 8 2008, 01:09 PM, said:

1)
From MSNBC:
"Last month, the state Legislature appointed an independent investigator to review whether the governor or her aides abused their power by pressuring Monegan to fire the trooper, a probe that the Democratic chairman of the state Senate Judiciary Committee said could lead to Palinís impeachment. The outside investigator, a retired assistant district attorney in Anchorage, was directed to file his report by Oct. 31, four days before the presidential election.

Palin strongly denied the accusations and ordered her own investigation by the state Law Department.

Ah, so she started up her own investigation in order to pre-empt the legislature. That doesn't change the fact that it was the legislature that originally brought it up.

In a July 31 interview with CNBC, Palin defended the dismissal of Monegan, saying, ďIt is a governorís prerogative, a right, to fill that Cabinet with members whom she or he believes will do best for the people whom we are serving.Ē

Palin promised her full cooperation, saying she would answer any questions from lawmakers, media and the public."
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26458400/

Which is why she's given it - oh wait, she hasn't. She's got some of McCain's lawyers up there, trying to stonewall and slow it down like crazy so that the investigation results don't come out until after the election, as opposed to the original date - October 31st.

2)
A few tens of millions paid attention to her speech. More than whats his name's, actually?
The media is not just reporting on the convention attendees opinion of the speech.
That is nonsense.

Did all of these people think it was a good speech? In any case, I was expressing an opinion, both of the speech and of the media.

3)
She killed the bridge. Said they'de build it with their own money if Alaskans wanted it.
She said she put the plane on ebay and she did. Just wasn't how it was eventually sold.
She is a corruption fighting maverick, even / especially within her own party and has the most popular approval ratings in the country in part because of it.

She supported it in 2006 when asked about it on a questionaire, then kept the funds allocated for it after it died in 2007. In other words, she supported the bridge, which is the key point; she said she opposed it in her speech, which is highly deceptive at least. As for the plane, it's still a lie; she said she sold it on Ebay for a profit, not that she "put it up on ebay for a while, then sold it to a political friend."

4)
"Some of us actually live in the reality-based community."
Yeah, right.
I'de say reality is not exactly your strong suit.

That's amusing, coming from you. Especially when you consider your history of posts from various idiotic sites like Townhall.com and the Ayn Rand Institute.

5)
"So says the political party who's main stance on human sexuality and civil rights is denial."
Again, you saying it does not make it so.
The facts of history do not support your opinion.

Are you actually disputing the point? The Republican stance on abortion has generally been, no abortion. Do they support contraception? Not really, and many of them oppose it. In other words, they're basically failing to address the issue, other than to say "teens shouldn't have sex", which is a statement not born out in reality or in effectiveness (witness unwanted pregnancies in the Middle East, where it can get you killed if you are a girl).

Same goes for civil rights. They made noises about how people needed to work for integration after Reagan, but they never supported the means to get there.

6)
"Of course, seeing as how we Leftists actually try to create an environment friendly to families..."
Ha!
Now you've lost it completely.
I mean that's just nuts.
You go right on believing it though.

Next!

Considering that most divorces occur because of economic and/or financial reasons, I'd say we support families. Considering that we try to help parents who have to both work full-time so that they can find a way for their kids to have something to do and to be safe, I say we are the pro-family party. Considering that we don't want to limit marriage for no particular reason other than religious bigotry, I say we are the pro-family party. Do you dispute this, or are you going to do the usual stunts you pull - posting some crazy-*** article from somewhere else, getting called on your horse****, then running away (again) for a while?

"You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours." -Sir Charles Napier

"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."  ó D.H. Lawrence

#47    libertyworld

libertyworld

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,181 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 09:33 PM

Guardsman Bass on Sep 8 2008, 01:39 PM, said:

As for the plane, it's still a lie; she said she sold it on Ebay for a profit, not that she "put it up on ebay for a while, then sold it to a political friend."
crazy-***  your horse****...

Thought you actually "paid attention" to the speech.
Her exact words were "I put it on ebay"
The last thing you are doing is calling anyone on their "**** *** ***** ****".
Keep swingin and swearin though...
Makes you look unhinged.

Stand For Goodness

#48    InHuman

InHuman

Alien Abducter

• 4,492 posts

• Running on Bravado.

Posted 08 September 2008 - 10:20 PM

libertyworld on Sep 8 2008, 06:33 AM, said:

Would not be so bad if that were the case, I guess.
But it's not the case.
The left tends to tear down the family, religion (except their religion), the Boy Scouts, conservatism...
Anything that passes on traditional values, apparently.
Because it cannot co-exist with those values, cannot just live and let live.
They and the institutions that stand in the way become enemies to hate and destroy.

family : considering they want to give gay's the right to marriage, and want to help single mothers raise their children, they ARE pro-family, just not ONLY the nuclear one.

religion (except their religion) : considering they came from ALL faiths, and dont go out of their way to label all muslims under one stroke, they are pro-faith as long as it dosn't interfere with law, education, and goverment.

traditional values : the values that put down women, and gays, and those of other faiths for the LONGEST time. Its just proggresive thought you are against, not defending your "values"...

There Will Be Brawl
Greatest Webseries Ever

If you carry out a policy that dehumanizes others, in the process you yourself are dehumanized.-Desmond Tutu

#49    AROCES

AROCES

Forum Divinity

• Banned
  • 16,312 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 11:40 PM

Guardsman Bass on Sep 8 2008, 08:39 PM, said:

Ah, so she started up her own investigation in order to pre-empt the legislature. That doesn't change the fact that it was the legislature that originally brought it up.

Of course, I don't see her bringing it up on herself, would you?

Which is why she's given it - oh wait, she hasn't. She's got some of McCain's lawyers up there, trying to stonewall and slow it down like crazy so that the investigation results don't come out until after the election, as opposed to the original date - October 31st.

Would you like a hurried process if a case is against you?

She supported it in 2006 when asked about it on a questionaire, then kept the funds allocated for it after it died in 2007. In other words, she supported the bridge, which is the key point; she said she opposed it in her speech, which is highly deceptive at least. As for the plane, it's still a lie; she said she sold it on Ebay for a profit, not that she "put it up on ebay for a while, then sold it to a political friend."

She didn't build the bridge and she sold the plane that is that, the rest is just political jabs.

#50    MasterPo

MasterPo

Alien Abducter

• 4,975 posts

• So sue me....

Posted 09 September 2008 - 01:06 AM

Neognosis on Sep 8 2008, 03:44 PM, said:

Might I add that the money we have sent to china for their cheap garbage has driven their development, and in turn their fuel needs, which is now partly why we are paying so much for gas. The country we built up with our dollars now is using the fuel we used to consume and they also hold most of our debt.

Does nobody else find this ironic and alarming?

We should export our social programs and tax plans!

Make China implement a FICA tax, matched yen-for-yen by the business, and then a social security plan.
Make China require employers to give workers health insurance, life and disability insurance, retirement plans, paid family leave, paid time off for parent-teacher meetings, paid time off to vote, guaranteed vacation time like in Europe, a Chinese with Disabilities Act, create a Chinese OSHA, EPA and minimum wage.

Then the field will be level.

crying.gif

The Po File - As told to MasterPo by MasterPo

Have the courage to read it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users