Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

President O'Bama is Irish

spud the mackem

It had to happen,we have had a succession of American Presidents who have laid claim to Irish Heritage and ancestry O'Bama being the latest,Reagan,Carter,Clinton Kennedy have in the past.Why do they like to be Irish ?.Is it because they will get the Irish vote in the U.S.or is it the fashion for American Presidents to be Irish.Why don't they just put the Irish Tricolour above the Whitehouse..I guess there aren't many Afro-American Irishmen about so maybe O'Bama can claim to be the first.No offence to you guys who have no Irish ancestry.

• Like 1

Everyone wishes they were Irish.....

:)

• Like 2

Didn't a little girl investigate the genealogy of the line of presidents and only find one that wasn't related to the queen. I don't doubt that on that wavelength there is Irish in there.

Didn't a little girl investigate the genealogy of the line of presidents and only find one that wasn't related to the queen. I don't doubt that on that wavelength there is Irish in there.

Actually yes!

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=HGrbJ4_jcc8&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DHGrbJ4_jcc8

It had to happen,we have had a succession of American Presidents who have laid claim to Irish Heritage and ancestry O'Bama being the latest,Reagan,Carter,Clinton Kennedy have in the past.Why do they like to be Irish ?.Is it because they will get the Irish vote in the U.S.or is it the fashion for American Presidents to be Irish.Why don't they just put the Irish Tricolour above the Whitehouse..I guess there aren't many Afro-American Irishmen about so maybe O'Bama can claim to be the first.No offence to you guys who have no Irish ancestry.

You were watching it too...I heard him say that in Belfast.. I was like - Oh goodie another one lol...So many claim to have Irish blood in them at some point..But you have to remember, a lot of Irish people immigrated over in the states and settled there many many moons ago, that is why so many Americans claim to have Irish roots...

.Why do they like to be Irish?

Because we Irish are soooooooooo freeakin drunk cool .. that's why :P

• Like 5

Because we Irish are soooooooooo freeakin drunk cool .. that's why :P

Very true! :)

• Like 1

Is Putin an Irish name ?...

Nope, I think it is Russian

Nope, I think it is Russian

ok, but I asked (tongue in cheek) hee hee,because if O'Bama is Irish,then I'm French (yuk,dread the thought.)...Slainte

No, you're thinking of "Puddin".

ok, but I asked (tongue in cheek) hee hee,because if O'Bama is Irish,then I'm French (yuk,dread the thought.)...Slainte

I think indeed he does have Irish roots.... Read below...

Barack Obama's Irish Family Tree Traced Back to the 17th Century, Shedding Light on Earliest Known Relatives

Eneclann researchers from Trinity College Dublin and Irish Origins have traced Obama's family history much further back than ever before. Obama's earliest known relative, his 6th great grandfather, was a member of a family of wealthy wig makers who included an Irish politician, Michael Kearney. It was said that 'no man alive was equally fired with ambition'.

Summary

Much more is now known about Barack Obama's Irish ancestry. His 18th century Irish family were already politically active and ambitious. Our researchers have traced his family back to the 17th century, and uncovered a mass of detail about his Irish forebears. The family were prominent in the business and political life of Dublin City in the first half of the 18th Century. The head of the family, Michael Kearney was Dublin's most successful wigmaker, and even his opponents said of him, "No man alive was equally fired with ambition" in a scurrillous pamphlet in which he was accused of trying to take over the Guild of Barber Surgeons & Periwig Makers in Dublin.

The pamphlet further urged the "Black-guards of Town" to pelt him [Michael Kearney] with "Pellets of Perjury". The Kearneys invested their profits from wigs, in property, as the city of Dublin grew rapidly in the 1700s. If fashions had not changed, Obama might not be here: the wig market declined at the same time that the Irish economy weakened, and eventually the family emigrated to the US.

We were able to trace back Obama's irish roots from a reference in the records at Irish Origins to a property occupied by his great-great-great-grandmother in 1851.http://www.origins.n...icle-obama.aspx

I'd love to find out if I have any roots traced elsewhere? Probably not though !!

Edited by Beckys_Mom
  • Like 1

Q: What's Irish and stays out all night?

A: Paddy O'Furniture.

Sorry, that's all I've got. :)

Edit: My grandmother was two generations removed from Ireland. I went there years ago. What a fantastic island!

Edited by Likely Guy
  • Like 3

I used to mimic playing the bodhran long before I ever knew what one was :) The sound of Celtic music stirred me like no other sound I'd ever known so even though I've never searched my ancestors I have no doubt of my connection to the isles. I take exception to the idea that our president could be part Irish. I have trouble believing that Ireland ever produced such a scoundrel as he.

• Like 3

Made me think of this (from 'The Shawshank Redemption', 1994) :

Dufresne (Tim Robbins) asks Red (Morgan Freeman), '"Why do they call you Red?"

Red replies, "Maybe its because I'm Irish".

• Like 4

Q: What's Irish and stays out all night?

A: Paddy O'Furniture.

Sorry, that's all I've got. :)

Edit: My grandmother was two generations removed from Ireland. I went there years ago. What a fantastic island!

Ha ha nice one ...

I have a couple...

A Texan walks into a pub in Ireland and clears his voice to the crowd of drinkers. He says, "I hear you Irish are a bunch of hard drinkers. I'll give $500 American dollars to anybody in here who can drink 10 pints of Guinness back-to-back."

The room is quiet and no one takes up the Texan's offer. One man even leaves. ....Thirty minutes later the same gentleman who left shows back up and taps the Texan on the shoulder. "Is your bet still good?", asks the Irishman.

The Texan says yes and asks the bartender to line up 10 pints of Guinness..... Immediately the Irishman tears into all 10 of the pint glasses drinking them all back-to-back. The other pub patrons cheer as the Texan sits in amazement.

The Texan gives the Irishman the $500 and says, "If ya don't mind me askin', where did you go for that 30 minutes you were gone?"

The Irishman replies, "Oh...I had to go to the pub down the street to see if I could do it first". :D

Paddy Irishman's Great inventions (or so he thinks):

A pedal powered wheelchair.

Waterproof teabags.

An underwater hair dryer.

Windscreen wipers for submarines.

Non-stick sticky tape.

An inflatable dartboard for campers.

An index for a dictionary.

Beer glasses with square bases so they don’t leave rings on the bar.

Ejector seats in helicopters.

Underground airports.

Wind-down windows on a submarine.

Unsinkable submarine.

Boomerang bullets.

Air-conditioners for motorbikes.

Anti-lock cars.

Toxic Toothpaste.

An ashtray for a motorbike.

Waterproof sponges.

Fireproof Matches.

Parachutes that open on impact.

The one-piece jigsaw puzzle.

Aint it the truth lol

Edited by Beckys_Mom
  • Like 4

Of course! It is simply Russian variant of Irish Poitín

• Like 1

Everywhere you go in the world you meet people who are part Irish... Irish-Chinese, Irish-Cherokee, Irish-French, Anglo-Irish, Irish-German...

The Irish are a very friendly people who travelled a lot...

(Joke time)

An Irishman finds Aladins magic lamp and after rubbing it the Genie appeared

Genie: "Oh wise and great master! You may have three wishes."

Irishman: "Anything I want in the world?"

Genie: "Anything oh mericiful master! It is within my power to grant what ever you desire!"

Irishman: "Well now! For my first wish I'll have a pint of Guiness that never runs dry no matter how much I drink"

Genie: "Ummm... Okay."

Poof! A pint of Guiness appears and the Irishman takes a long drink, then watches the pint refill magically

Irishman: "Marvellous! For me other two wishes.. I'll have two more of the same!"

An Englishman (John), a Scotsman (James) and an Irishman (Sean) walk into a pub and each orders a pint of Guiness...

The pub has a problem with flies and soon one lands in each of the three mens drink..

John looks in disgust at the fly in the beer foam, pushes it away and orders another,

James shakes his head in disgust and uses a spoon to fish the fly out, then resumes drinking...

Sean grabbed the fly with his fingers, shook it violently and started yelling "Spit it out damn you! Spit it out!"

Edited by Taun
  • Like 3

Everywhere you go in the world you meet people who are part Irish... Irish-Chinese, Irish-Cherokee, Irish-French, Anglo-Irish, Irish-German...

(Joke time)

Genie: "Anything oh mericiful master! It is within my power to grant what ever you desire!"

Irishman: "Well now! For my first wish I'll have a pint of Guiness that never runs dry no matter how much I drink"

Poof! A pint of Guiness appears and the Irishman takes a long drink, then watches the pint refill magically

Irishman: "Marvellous! For me other two wishes.. I'll have two more of the same!"

An Englishman (John), a Scotsman (James) and an Irishman (Sean) walk into a pub and each orders a pint of Guiness...

The pub has a problem with flies and soon one lands in each of the three mens drink..

John looks in disgust at the fly in the beer foam, pushes it away and orders another,

James shakes his head in disgust and uses a spoon to fish the fly out, then resumes drinking...

Sean grabbed the fly with his fingers, shook it violently and started yelling "Spit it out damn you! Spit it out!"

:w00t: That's hilarious.

Don't come between an Irishman and his alcohol.... :yes:

• Like 2

(Joke time)

The joke about the fly was funny :D

I was just thinking, I wonder if the irish people over here, when meeting Obama and his wife, how they addressed them? We irish are forever shortening peoples names...

I can just hear the Irish MP about the announce Obama and his wife to the stage... "It gives me great pleasure to welcome a lad all the way from America with his wife, here to give us a wee speech, so, lets give a big top of the morning welcome to - Mr Barry and Shelly Obama" :P If I heard that, it would not surprise me lol

• Like 3

2 Irish lads were fishing 5 miles off Dublin,after an hour the boat was full of fish,Murphy said to Spud,this is brilliant how can we find this place again,Spud said,we can put n X on the back of the boat,Murphy replied,thats no good we might not get the same boat next week.

• Like 2

Even Ukranians are Irish. There was a Soviet Marshall, Tim O'Shenko

Well, it is said that Celts origins are from around Black Sea...

Edited by Tutankhaten-pasheri
  • Like 1