Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Harry Potter Harmful To Children?

MandM

My guess is that most people on this forum have either read some of the Harry Potter books or have seen some of the Harry Potter movies, or you have children who are very much into these things.

If so, this is a YouTube video that you have GOT to see:

Most people think that Harry Potter is a safe, fun, fantasy world that is great entertainment for our children, but as the film shockingly shows, that is not the case at all.

Did you know that the Harry Potter series describes witchcraft and the Occult with amazing precision and accuracy?

Did you know that the Harry Potter series is doing an amazing job of recriting our children into Occult religions?

One of the most stunning things in the film is the way that children describe the impact that Harry Potter has had on them. What the children have to say about Harry Potter will blow your mind.

Trust me, you will never look at Harry Potter the same way again.

So what do you all think? After learning the things in the YouTube clip I know my outlook is different. Do the rest of you still think Harry Potter is a good thing for our society?

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Stormcrow

• HerNibs

• Noteaph

• Drago

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Did you know that Harry Potter was officially sanctioned as good family entertainment suitable for Catholics by the Pope. THE POPE...are you going to sit there and tell me some conspiracy theorists know more about the religious implications of a film than the freakin' pope?!?

(puts on his tin foil hat)

My guess is that most people on this forum have either read some of the Harry Potter books or have seen some of the Harry Potter movies, or you have children who are very much into these things.

Most people think that Harry Potter is a safe, fun, fantasy world that is great entertainment for our children, but as the film shockingly shows, that is not the case at all.

Did you know that the Harry Potter series describes witchcraft and the Occult with amazing precision and accuracy?

Did you know that the Harry Potter series is doing an amazing job of recriting our children into Occult religions?

One of the most stunning things in the film is the way that children describe the impact that Harry Potter has had on them. What the children have to say about Harry Potter will blow your mind.

So what do you all think? After learning the things in the YouTube clip I know my outlook is different. Do the rest of you still think Harry Potter is a good thing for our society?

This is all a conspiracy theory, with no truth to it. Harry Potter has no close association with the Wiccan religion at all.

If you were to think that a fantasy story such as this would be detrimental to society, then you would also have to believe that Brothers Grimm stories were also, and also Hans Christian Anderson.

They are all fantasy stories, simply made for entertainment purposes, nothing else.

The video shows no evidence of a link between Harry Potter and any real satanic or wiccan practices. And the supposed letters from children?? I don't beleive that for a second. If children actually believe those things, then it is the fault of the parents for not teaching their children that such things as magic are not real. Harry Potter is no more believable than any other movie or book out there. Are you also going to claim that the Lord of the Rings series has the same effect?? It is also full of wizards, and magic. Yet, I never hear anyone claim such things from it!!

The person who created this video is nothing more than a Christian extremist, looking for reasons to put down anything that might be considered a threat to their own beliefs. And, in doing so, are claiming that Wiccans are evil. Since they think there is a link between Harry Potter and Wiccans, and that it is a bad thing to our society, then they obviously know nothing about the Wiccan religion, or what it entails. The video is nothing more than the ramblings of an obsessive Christian, who is blissfully ignorant of any other religion.

Oh, and just so everyone know, I myself am not a Wiccan.

Edited by 667-Neighbor of the Beast

You probably also think that Yogi Bear is a notorious criminal that must be stopped by any means necessary.

You probably also think that Yogi bear is a notorius criminal that needs to be stopped by any means necessary, don't cha.

Edited by ~Onyx~

That is 6 minutes and 3 seconds of my life I will never get back.

What a load of crap.

First off, Harry Potter is a fictional book. I sincerely doubt that J.K Rowling wrote the Harry Potter series to intentionally turn children to some dark arts of conjuring up freezing spells, flying on broom sticks, and shooting lightning bolts out of some wand. Seriously... people really have nothing better to do than to find conspiracy theories in everything. Get a new hobby.

Second of all, I don't really get what the problem is with people finding alternative religions. Yes - parents do like to influence their children to reflect their own personal religions (I was one of them). I don't blame them for sometimes wanting to know about other religions, ideas, opinions... anything! Curiosity is a wonderful thing. Wicca (and I studied Wicca for going on 10 years now), is not a violent religion, it is not an evil religion, it is not a melicious, satanic, overpowering, dominating, or secret religion. More wars, more controversy and more problems have arisen from Christianity, Judiasm, and Catholicism than anything else. I don't hear of any Wiccan wars now do you? And really... have you ever heard of someone *really* flying on a broom stick?

Harry Potter is a fantastical read and has opened up childrens imaginations and have helped give them a thirst for literacy and knowledge. It is not recruiting children to Wicca, Satanism, or anything like that.

What a load of crap.

"'the harry potter books showed me that magic is real'"

HAHAHAHAhAHAHAHAhAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :D

You're kidding, right?

Is that a fact? I find this the most silliest, offensive part of your whole post.

I think of all the things that I've learned today is that you are intolerant, misinformed, and offensive. I think that if you are spreading your distaste and uninformed, illogical viewpoints, that's more poison than any of JK Rowlings books will ever be. Just my opinion, of course.

PS, if you don't understand why I am so angry towards your post, try inserting "Christian" where ever you've typed "occult" and "witchcraft". You'll see what I mean.

PPS, have you ever read the Narnia Series??? Some say its supposed to be Christian based, but see, I don't believe everything I read, and also, I do know that the books are fiction - wonderful books, but fiction.

Nothing but Fundie bull.

Due to the HP series,people are learning (and relearning) the joy of reading.

It's such a shame that most of the Fundie freaks who pitch a fit about this stuff have never actually sat down to read the books.If they did,they might actually learn something.

I would rather my daughter become interested in Wicca than whatever fundamentalist, judgmental religion you claim to be representing.

At least she will have friends.

Did you know that Harry Potter was officially sanctioned as good family entertainment suitable for Catholics by the Pope. THE POPE

I'm not surprised. According to certain fundies, the Catholic church is the Whore of Babylon. :)

This is just uneducational dribble. Harry Potter shows right from wrong, good versus evil. One simple youtube video changed your outlook? I think you already had that outlook and were looking for justification for it. If some adults can't understand the difference between fact and fiction...it's pretty sad that millions of kids can when adults can't.

HA I bet your the same dude who posted the youtube video. I watched Rocky its not like I became a boxer. I doubt J.K. Rowlings had any alliance with the wiccan religion. And the wiccan religion doesn't sound half-bad. Your just finding excuses. I hate christian extremist find everything out of nothing. I am guessing we got another drive-by poster

There is a whole multi part video series by more than one televangelist on "The evils of Harry Potter". Basically its a money making venture, they want to cash in on the whole Harry Potter franchise and get angry that a successful single mom made so much money they'll never see.

You probably also think that Yogi bear is a notorius criminal that needs to be stopped by any means necessary, don't cha.

:huh:

You can have the picnik baskits back, onyx. We were just hungry for some sandwiches, theres no need to send the hounds...

This is all a conspiracy theory, with no truth to it. Harry Potter has no close association with the Wiccan religion at all.

If you were to think that a fantasy story such as this would be detrimental to society, then you would also have to believe that Brothers Grimm stories were also, and also Hans Christian Anderson.

They are all fantasy stories, simply made for entertainment purposes, nothing else.

The video shows no evidence of a link between Harry Potter and any real satanic or wiccan practices. And the supposed letters from children?? I don't beleive that for a second. If children actually believe those things, then it is the fault of the parents for not teaching their children that such things as magic are not real. Harry Potter is no more believable than any other movie or book out there. Are you also going to claim that the Lord of the Rings series has the same effect?? It is also full of wizards, and magic. Yet, I never hear anyone claim such things from it!!

The person who created this video is nothing more than a Christian extremist, looking for reasons to put down anything that might be considered a threat to their own beliefs. And, in doing so, are claiming that Wiccans are evil. Since they think there is a link between Harry Potter and Wiccans, and that it is a bad thing to our society, then they obviously know nothing about the Wiccan religion, or what it entails. The video is nothing more than the ramblings of an obsessive Christian, who is blissfully ignorant of any other religion.

Oh, and just so everyone know, I myself am not a Wiccan.

I absolutely agree with you. Its a great series of books that I am just about done with reading. Half way through the sixth book. And I am 34 years old! Its not just a kids book, but is in my opinion kid safe, meaning you don't have a lot of crap, its a good story with great characters. And oh my god don't forget the stiring of children's imaginations. The anti-christ of all religions is children imagining. Also its a work of fiction, last time I checked wands don't work when waved around and there's no such thing as a polyjuice potion.

(Edit) Holy crap I forgot about house elves, god i wish they were real so I can have my house cleaned up and not have to worry about it!

Edited by Tommyo

I absolutely agree with you. Its a great series of books that I am just about done with reading. Half way through the sixth book. And I am 34 years old! Its not just a kids book, but is in my opinion kid safe, meaning you don't have a lot of crap, its a good story with great characters. And oh my god don't forget the stiring of children's imaginations. The anti-christ of all religions is children imagining. Also its a work of fiction, last time I checked wands don't work when waved around and there's no such thing as a polyjuice potion.

(Edit) Holy crap I forgot about house elves, god i wish they were real so I can have my house cleaned up and not have to worry about it!

LOL, you and me both!

Isn't it funny? I read a wonderful book by John Granger--a Christian, student of classical literature who homeschools his seven children--which examines how J.K. Rowling has used Christian symbology throughout the books.

My wife, son, daughter, and I made a family time out of reading the series, and enjoyed the books greatly.

Children love stories with magic in them because it gives 'power' to a powerless group, ie children. I actually have found the Harry Potter series incredibly moral and life affirming stuff.

I think there is a mishmash of symbology from various cultures/belief systems and of course JK Rowling’s own creative brain.

PPS, have you ever read the Narnia Series??? Some say its supposed to be Christian based, but see, I don't believe everything I read, and also, I do know that the books are fiction - wonderful books, but fiction.

Actually C.S. Lewis was what you'd call a Christian, but also he had something that most religious people in Christianity today don't have, which is common sense. He had a real firm grasp of what reality was and a great imagination to share and sculpt his ideas upon. But I've also seen christians attack his writings too, which if you know anything about him or what he was, is absolute religious rhetoric.

What does scare the crap out of me with people starting threads like this is that they seem to portray a need to have censorship. There is/has never been nor will ever be a book that deserves to be censored. Even the most evilest book anyone can possibly think of should exist as a demonstration of what we should avoid in life. To try and censor something in any way is to show that your beliefs and or idiology is something that can not stand scrutiny and that your platform is weak. Now there is age discrimination, a 10 year old shouldn't be reading penthouse letters, but I think that comes from parenting and common sense, not a government or society or religious zelots telling us what is right and wrong to read/write or think.

Isn't it funny? I read a wonderful book by John Granger--a Christian, student of classical literature who homeschools his seven children--which examines how J.K. Rowling has used Christian symbology throughout the books.

My wife, son, daughter, and I made a family time out of reading the series, and enjoyed the books greatly.

my son is only 3 years old and got a new one coming in a week from today so they a little too young to sit and listen, but I look forward to doing the same with my children when they get a little older. Hopefully in a year or two. Don't need the Lord Volermort nightmares at this time hehe.

They relate the s.s from hitler with Harry Potter's scar. So let me get this straight Harry Potter is nazi. Yea and on a view of the deleted scenes they said George Bush is :innocent: