Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Supervolcano

Bogeyman

Anyone watch this last night on BBC ?

Man when that Yellowstone park decides to go ...we may as well pack up and start burying ourselves !

If the Volcano doesn't get us the Tsunami will.....and it could happen at any moment.Between this and the expected Rock Slide on Gran Canaria which will cause 4-500 foot high Tsunami's i think we're well buggered.

The 2nd part is on tonight ...if this hasn'e aired in the US yet dont worry it will soon.Watch out for it ......If you dare crying.gifcrying.gif

BTW......For those who dont know....The crater is a hunderd miles wide,All of Yellowstone park sits inside it....So American Friends...probably best avoided for your Holidays thumbsup.gif

Edited by Bogeyman

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Conspiracy

• AnimangaBloodThorn

• Nightwatcher

• absinthegreen329

I taped it hun as I wanted to watch Most Haunted Live as well...going to tape the second part tonight as well as Im out,then watch them both together tomorrow.

Did sound like its worth watching. thumbsup.gif

I saw a show about that on Discovery Channel once. It scared the pants off of me. It was very interesting, they showed how the land is shifting, and water in the park is actually being displaced because of it. The land has shifted that much. It is truly a frightening concept, probably because they said it could go tomorrow, or hundreds of thousands of years from now. They just don't know.

According to the show last night ...it goes at least every 600,000 years........It's been 640,000 years since the last one !!!!!!!!Uh Oh !!!

According to the show last night ...it goes at least every 600,000 years........It's been 640,000 years since the last one !!!!!!!!Uh Oh !!!

524773[/snapback]

Not true, most scientists believe that it will not happen at all. By the way, most experts say that the eurpution tank is as large as Toyko, the worlds largest city. no.gif

it is scary really

like you said what with that and the gran canaria slide, also if the indian plate moves again and causes another tsunami, the ice caps are melting at such a rate we are all going to drown before long, and they also recon when the maldives finally sink (within the next 50 years or so) it will cause a wave like the tsnami of boxing day.

we are all dommed really! grin2.gif

....The crater is a hunderd miles wide,All of Yellowstone park sits inside it....So American Friends...probably best avoided for your Holidays
Hey Bogey I read about this a year or two ago. Thanks for the heads up though! thumbsup.gif

unfortunately didnt see it crying.gif but got recent article on focus magazine. anyone else have it huh.gif

i saw it as well, it was very fascinating but they were lucky that the whole vulcano didnt blow although it still did a lot of damage.

new ice age!

i wonder if it will really happen i read somewhere that they have noticed that the water temperature is rising and that the ground is rising up as well.

Anyone watch this last night on BBC ?

Man when that Yellowstone park decides to go ...we may as well pack up and start burying ourselves !

If the Volcano doesn't get us the Tsunami will.....and it could happen at any moment.Between this and the expected Rock Slide on Gran Canaria which will cause 4-500 foot high Tsunami's i think we're well buggered.

The 2nd part is on tonight ...if this hasn'e aired in the US yet dont worry it will soon.Watch out for it ......If you dare  crying.gif  crying.gif

BTW......For those who dont know....The crater is a hunderd miles wide,All of Yellowstone park sits inside it....So American Friends...probably best avoided for your Holidays  thumbsup.gif

524700[/snapback]

What I don’t get is releasing the information about the Gran Canaria volcano that would slide wiping out most of Americas Western seaboard. Now all you need is some extreme group with a device powerful enough to kick start it and bye bye…?

I read a lot about Yellowstone as I am just downwind of it. Any way, I saw a show that included some geology in Iowa that seemed to prove that yellowstone erupted about 70,000 yrs ago and is cited as the reason for the massive population bottleneck that reduced the world population to 2,000 or 20,000 people. So, if YS erupted 70,000 yrs ago I gues we are safe, maybe. Anyway recent activity is a better indicator of portending epruption than time span. Unfortunately recent activity says we should worry. As to the population bottleneck, I don't think that all the surviving population was in Africa as the fellow in Nat'l Geo show seemed to think. If YS erupted and caused a massive continental plate shift as is speculated, then we can expect that the survival rate was greater than even 20,000 and more widespread as land masses were moved out of harm's way. Just a thought but hey, my degree is in Business and Economics.

Yep, if the cycle's correct (that is, not hundreds of thousands but more to tens of thousands of years) we're a little overdue. Some scientists even said it won't happen at all, in my opinion they could just be putting this all aside as usual again because it's too worrying. But just so you guys know, recently almost 1500++ volcanoes have been active and showing signs of eruption simultaneously, all around the world, unprecedented since thousands of years ago. Moreoever, many underwater volcanoes are increasing its activities. Now geologists and volcanologists are afraid of a mega-volcanic eruption. I heard this one has a.....if I'm not mistaken, 74,000 year cycle? If true, it'll be due this coming 2012.

Who knows what's going to happen, but I suggest we look at the activities of our Sun, in which also has recently showed signs unseen since records began, or thousands of years ago....maybe even longer. Coupled with the mysterious "booms" all around the world and the recent starquake....hmm, I smell something very, very fishy here. blink.gif I have another opinion in which I think is also contributing towards all these anomalies, but I need more info. thumbsup.gif

theres no piont burrying your self it might not even happen in our life time.

Yep, if the cycle's correct (that is, not hundreds of thousands but more to tens of thousands of years) we're a little overdue. Some scientists even said it won't happen at all, in my opinion they could just be putting this all aside as usual again because it's too worrying. But just so you guys know, recently almost 1500++ volcanoes have been active and showing signs of eruption simultaneously, all around the world, unprecedented since thousands of years ago. Moreoever, many underwater volcanoes are increasing its activities. Now geologists and volcanologists are afraid of a mega-volcanic eruption. I heard this one has a.....if I'm not mistaken, 74,000 year cycle? If true, it'll be due this coming 2012.

Who knows what's going to happen, but I suggest we look at the activities of our Sun, in which also has recently showed signs unseen since records began, or thousands of years ago....maybe even longer. Coupled with the mysterious "booms" all around the world and the recent starquake....hmm, I smell something very, very fishy here. blink.gif I have another opinion in which I think is also contributing towards all these anomalies, but I need more info. thumbsup.gif

539125[/snapback]

Wow, everything seems to be going down in 2012. And we have only been keeping records of the sun for about the past 100 years, so we don't really know what goes on with it.

Wow, everything seems to be going down in 2012.

539128[/snapback]

Judgement day. thumbsup.gif

Seriously, though, I remember reading about this stuff on some website. If it were to go, things would be bad (note the emphasis), but there is an observatory set up to monitor the park. Any major raises in activity would be caught (hopefully), and people would be evacuated. Unfortunately, the effects of the eruption would extend for miles upon miles, meaning that a huge chunk of the worlds population would be affected. Still, there would be at least some effort to limit deaths related to the eruption.

That is, unless one geologist catches a major change in the volcano's activity, heads off to his bosses to inform them; they ignore him, thinking he's a paranoid douche. He prances off to the white house to inform the president (that's the way it HAS to go. Always.), and once again gets rejected. Suddenly, the lightning begins. Instance hollywood blockbuster.

Edited by gazerbeams

Haha Gazerbeams. That is how it always happens (The movie thing). I would be screwed if that volcano erupted...I am just a couple of states over. I must go out to build a bomb shelter now! Hmm.....

Steel

Lots of freeze dried food

Water

Lots off frozen mice (for my snakes of course)

Giant freezer

Dog and cat food.

Oh crap! Funding! I have no money ph34r.gif ...oh well.

::prances off to play video games::

Steel 

Oh crap! Funding! I have no money ph34r.gif         ...oh well.

Stea

Problem solved! wink2.gif

Edited by gazerbeams

Nope that's the other kind of steal, like you are going to steal a cupcake.

I mean steel beams...

Nope that's the other kind of steal, like you are going to steal a cupcake.

I mean steel beams...

540362[/snapback]

wink2.gif Steal the steel.

I have this way of being far too subtle with my humour.

It's okay, I think it was the way you quoted me...and yes ph34r.gif I shall steal the steel...

They said on the thing afterwards it's more likely that it won't happen in our lifetime, but of course, they can't be sure!

The signs point towards it, but we must remember that Yellowstone is a very volcanic area anyway, and all these things have happened over a long period of time, and go away again. Let's just hope for the best! original.gif

I have this way of being far too subtle with my humour.

540454[/snapback]

Subtle... Yeah that's your problem grin2.gif

I really don't think this will happen in our lifetime...

But if it happens, it happens and then we'll deal with it then. gunsmilie.gif