Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

WH Posts Vids of kids begging for gun control

• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

#16    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 6,771 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:58 PM

View PostHerNibs, on 18 January 2013 - 05:52 PM, said:

Of course the "other side" would never stoop to using kids as an emotional trigger to get what they want...

https://www.youtube....h?v=zKLA3BODXr0

Nibs

Pity that you can't see the difference between the two.

"You can't have freedom of religion without having freedom from the religious beliefs of other people."

#17    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,883 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:02 PM

"No guns! No guns! No guns!  No guns!  No guns!"
Obama:  "Now that's a pretty smart letter from a pretty smart young person."

"I think there should be a limit to how many guns people can own."
Obama:  " Well there's a pretty smart kid right there.  If we limit the number of guns people can own to say....five, we can prevent the next Newtown."

"Please don't let people have machine guns."
Obama:  "Why didn't I think of that?   I'll put this idea on my website, since machine guns are legal right now."

"I beg you to make guns not allowed for the whole United States."
Obama:  "That's right Julia.  I'll do just that while I remain the greatest arms proliferator in the world because those kids don't need to worry about guns, just you."

"Peace cannot be achieved by force, only by understanding."  ~ Albert Einstein

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

#18    HerNibs

HerNibs

Grand Duchess Anaesthesia

• 12,208 posts

• Endless repetition does not make something true.

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:03 PM

View PostRafterman, on 18 January 2013 - 07:58 PM, said:

Pity that you can't see the difference between the two.

Not sure what you mean?  Both are using kids as an emotional trigger.

Regarding the NRA ad, yeah, I think my kids are just as important as the Presidents but in all reality, if mine are kidnapped or shot we aren't going to war over it.

Besides, President Obama isn't trying to take anyone's guns or outlaw a person carrying them/owning them for protection.

Nibs

Just because it is a mystery to YOU doesn't make it unexplained.

STORM - a must watch - caution, some profanity and may cause you to experience reason.

#19    ohio_traveler

ohio_traveler

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:09 PM

If anything, it's very unfair to the kids. Kids that age are easily influenced and don't realize that what they are doing now will be with them for the rest of their lives.   They're being used as pawns and have no idea of that.

#20    HerNibs

HerNibs

• 12,208 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:10 PM

View PostClyde the Glyde, on 18 January 2013 - 08:09 PM, said:

If anything, it's very unfair to the kids. Kids that age are easily influenced and don't realize that what they are doing now will be with them for the rest of their lives.   They're being used as pawns and have no idea of that.

I agree.  Both sides are using emotional blackmail.

Nibs

STORM - a must watch - caution, some profanity and may cause you to experience reason.

#21    supervike

supervike

Alien Abducter

• 5,491 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:22 PM

View PostGrey14, on 18 January 2013 - 06:24 PM, said:

Yeah that is pretty low and an obvious ploy on emotions. I do think there should be some more gun regulations. Such as background checks for all gun purchases. However If someone wants to own an AR-15 with a 100 round drum (a little overboard i will say) then they should be able to do so. A gun is a tool, sure it is meant to shoot things but it is still a tool. The person wielding the tool is resposible for what it does.

I agree with what you are saying.  But, if a gun is just a tool, why can't I own (legally) a completely automatic m-16, with armor piercing rounds. What about one of those cool gatling guns that fire 1000's rounds per second?  

I guess my question is where does our Right to bear arms stop?

#22    Bavarian Raven

Bavarian Raven

Psychic Spy

• 1,566 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:23 PM

A weapon is also a tool, ask any subsistence hunter.

every weapon is a tool, and any tool can be used as a weapon.
it depends on the person using it. ;)

#23    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:26 PM

View PostHerNibs, on 18 January 2013 - 08:10 PM, said:

I agree.  Both sides are using emotional blackmail.

Nibs

Nah never.. Only Obama and his party would ever do that..lol

I would like to know where exactly does it state that Obama has in fact confirmed that every last gun owner  will have their guns taken from them??   I am asking because someone on the first page of this thread mentioned  about how he will stop them from taking his guns away.. I thought why say that??  Was there actual news to say guns will go ?

Edited by Beckys_Mom, 18 January 2013 - 08:27 PM.

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#24    HerNibs

HerNibs

• 12,208 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:30 PM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 18 January 2013 - 08:26 PM, said:

Nah never.. Only Obama and his party would ever do that..lol

I would like to know where exactly does it state that Obama has in fact confirmed that every last gun owner  will have their guns taken from them??   I am asking because someone on the first page of this thread mentioned  about how he will stop them from taking his guns away.. I thought why say that??  Was there actual news to say guns will go ?

:)  Nope.  No such order or law has been passed.  

Nibs

ETA -

All that has been done are some proposed ideas and some executive actions that clarify current laws. Here

I think they are pretty common sense.

Edited by HerNibs, 18 January 2013 - 08:33 PM.

#25    ohio_traveler

ohio_traveler

Psychic Spy

• 1,863 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:31 PM

View Postsupervike, on 18 January 2013 - 08:22 PM, said:

I agree with what you are saying.  But, if a gun is just a tool, why can't I own (legally) a completely automatic m-16, with armor piercing rounds. What about one of those cool gatling guns that fire 1000's rounds per second?  

I guess my question is where does our Right to bear arms stop?

I think a fair argument would be that we should have the right to arm ourselves on par with local law enforcement.  We ( I ) face the same threats as they do from thugs, gangs, criminals, or basically anyone wishing to do us harm.

#26    Bama13

Bama13

Psychic Spy

• 1,701 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:31 PM

View Posttapirmusic, on 18 January 2013 - 01:14 AM, said:

"After trotting out young children as the backdrop for his gun control rollout yesterday, the White House released videos today of young children reading anti-gun letters to the camera. “No guns, no guns, no guns, no guns!” pleads one little girl, Hinnah. “My opinion is it should be very hard for people to buy guns,” says little Julia. “It’s a free country, but I recommend there needs to be a limit with guns,” says little Grant. “I thought I would write to you to stop gun violence,” reads little Taejah.

It was already despicable for Obama to exploit children as a backdrop for his political posturing, implying that his opposition on useless gun control laws somehow cares less about children. Now he’s taken the next step, trotting children out as spokespeople for his agenda."

Is the WH now suggesting that children should make policy or drive policy decisions? I bet most children think that Christmas should come once a month, candy should be free, movies should be free, games should be free, etc.

I think there is a reason why you have to be 18+ to vote.

" Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything —you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him" - Robert Heinlein

#27    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:37 PM

View PostHerNibs, on 18 January 2013 - 08:30 PM, said:

:)  Nope.  No such order or law has been passed.  

Nibs

Well then why are some getting paranoid over it? Not you but others are getting too paranoid    I for one cannot see any of you loosing your guns ( I think you can agree with that too ) .. I doubt Obama would ever make such a decision .. It would ruin his career .......Actually it would ruin any politicians career  and do a lot of damage to society ..

Edited by Beckys_Mom, 18 January 2013 - 08:38 PM.

#28    Hasina

Hasina

Maximillion Hotpocket Puckershuttle

• 3,048 posts

• JINKIES

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:38 PM

View PostClyde the Glyde, on 18 January 2013 - 08:09 PM, said:

In other words:
Posted Image

Posted Image

~MEH~

#29    HerNibs

HerNibs

• 12,208 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:40 PM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 18 January 2013 - 08:37 PM, said:

Well then why are some getting paranoid over it? I for one cannot see any of you loosing your guns ( I think you can agree with that too ) .. I doubt Obama would ever make such a decision .. It would ruin his career .......Actually it would ruin any politicians career  and do a lot of damage to society ..

Proponent loons on each side are using the media to drive up fear of either "the government is taking all your guns and we will be Nazi germany" or "gun nuts are going to kill your kids if we don't get all the guns".

Both sides are wrong and neither of the extreme loons are willing to meet in the middle for reasonable discussion.

Nibs

#30    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:42 PM

View PostDavid-C, on 18 January 2013 - 04:24 AM, said:

I, for one, am NOT a sheeple. When the Obamabots come to take away my guns I wish them good luck. I will, however, be more than happy to share the few thousand rounds of ammo I have with them.

Where are you getting that idea from?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users