Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

prince philip

maca02

The All Time Classics, attributed to Prince Philip.

"You managed not to get eaten, then?" (To a student who had been trekking in Papua New Guinea)

"It looks as if it was put in by an Indian." (Referring to an old-fashioned fuse box in a factory near Edinburgh)

"If a cricketer, for instance, suddenly decided to go into a school and batter a lot of people to death with a cricket bat, which he could do very easily, I mean, are you going to ban cricket bats?" (Amid calls to ban firearms after the Dunblane shooting)

"You can't have been here that long - you haven't got a pot belly." (To a Briton in Budapest, Hungary)

"Deaf? If you are near there, no wonder you are deaf." (To young deaf people in Cardiff, referring to a school's steel band)

"How do you keep the natives off the booze long enough to get them through the test?" (To a driving instructor in Oban, Scotland)

"Everybody was saying we must have more leisure. Now they are complaining they are unemployed." (At the height of the recession)

"It was part of the fortunes of war. We didn't have counsellors rushing around every time somebody let off a gun, asking `are you all right - are you sure you don't have a ghastly problem?’ You just got on with it." (Commenting on stress counselling for servicemen)

"We don't come here for our health. We can think of other ways of enjoying ourselves."(On Canada)

"If it has got four legs and it is not a chair, if it has got two wings and it flies but is not an aeroplane, and if it swims and it is not a submarine, the Cantonese will eat it." (At a 1986 World Wildlife Fund meeting)

"Oh no, I might catch some ghastly disease". (When asked if he would like to stroke a koala bear).

"Do you still throw spears at each other?" (To an Aborigine leader)

a journos dream & comedy god, please add any i`ve missed

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Regency

• Sir Wearer of Hats

• maca02

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not a "koala bear", it's a koala.

I love Phil the Greek, it's going to be a dryer, less colourful world when he finally toddles off this mortal coil. I suspect his first words in the hereafter will be "well, where are all the flying babies?"

No, he's not a politically correct fellow is he, but I like him and I think he "jokes" in an attempt to put people at ease. I think he has a good sense of humour but he delivers it in places and to people he maybe shouldn't. I remember when the Pope visited Scotland last year and someone had made the Pope a special tartan, most of the dignitaries had something on them with the special Pope Tartan.... (from the Daily Mail) 'That's a nice tie,' the Duke said, before leaning over to matronly Miss Goldie, 60, and asking: 'Do you have any knickers in that material?' Maybe I've been bought up on too many Carry On films, but I think that's funny.

I love the fact that he said to the Queen, on her Coronation, “Where did you get the hat?"