Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Pegasus

JACK NEON

I once remember seeing what looked like winged horses in the sky above the cloudlines. Although likely a dream has there ever been any similar reports cause if it was a dream what influenced it when I was only 3 or younger anyone know.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• man_in_mudboots

• JACK NEON

• Falco Rex

• buggyelfmaiden

i've never heard of any reports but i know when i was 3 my older brother used to read me mythology storys, which used to influence dreams like that for me. I'm not sure about what influenced it with you it could have been movies or books something like that. If anyone else knows of some actual real reports i would also like to know sounds intresting.

Does anyone beleive Pegasus is possible through Evolution lets hear

I think that a creature like pegasus could exist, but only as a mishap of genetics, after all, there are cats with wings.

No... a creature with strong flight capability usualy cannot run very well. There is no need to develop both flying and running.

Yes pegasus exists, gorgons exist, satyrs exist, and centaurs exist. Exept they do not live on Earth anymore. Some do, But most of them are in my golden base on the moon which is really El Dorado. Santa Clause and the rest of the survivors from Atlantis also live there. rolleyes.gif

I refuse to believe that a horse could fly with such measly wings. it would need huge wings to lift such a heavy body.

In Islam there is a being known as the Buraq (bo-rackh) that is similar to Pegasus. It is a being of light, with the body of a horse and the head of a man. This is a heavenly creature that was sent to take our prophet Muhammad (pbuh) to visit heaven. We fully believe in this creature in Islam. It is written that one step of the Buraq is as far as the eye can see. (travels at the speed of light). To us though the being just looks like a ball of light, but if you were so fortunate to see it up close as the Prophet (pbuh) was, then you would be able to see it's definitions.

Ok, a flying winged horse is highly unlikley. Like the winged cats, they have a genetics problem, their skin looses elasticti( i'm sorry), and the the extra skin folds appear to look like wings.

Edited by shirini

If they did exist, it wouldn't be for long. They'd just be ground up and sold as an aphrodisiac.

If you take shrooms and watch a western movie the horses do seem to fly sometimes. But then you also wonder why the indians are fighting with those damn banana wielding leprechauns.

Curse them leprahchuns! Curse them! *shakes my fist at them*

Anyways, I do not believe a pegasus is possible through evolution. Odds are somebody saw an elephant one day, albeit while drunk, and mistook it for a winged horse do to how big those frapping ears are! It's wacky! I mean look, they are huge!

"And also, they are full of air sacks in the hollows, just like a bird. And the pubic bone turns backward, just like a bird." ~Wait ignore the qoute from Dr. Grant in Jurassic Park. It only applies to raptors, but the elephants ears are still huge! Where do you think they got the idea for Dumbo huh? Just goes to show, the government is indeed trying to cover up the existence of flying elephants with the Walt Disney corperation in order to keep terrorists from getting their hands on one, which may possibly be the most dangerous WMD in existence....phew...that was random. wacko.gif

post-9-1082452457.gif

Edited by Naveed

for a horse to be able to fly it would need a massive wing span and its abdomen would be outragously huge to house the muscles needed to use them (this goes for 'classic' Angels as well), also there would need to be a species of 6 legged horse it was related to, as Pegasi have 6 limbs: 4 legs and 2 wings. a Pegasi related to our horse would be a very poor runner, its forelegs being it's wings.

I refuse to believe that a horse could fly with such measly wings. it would need huge wings to lift such a heavy body.

Really what if there bones evolved to be lighter and they developed a more nimble build, like a medieval warhorse or something.

also there would need to be a species of 6 legged horse it was related to, as Pegasi have 6 limbs: 4 legs and 2 wings.

Okay so you have a point and I think the only way 6 legged horses could exist is if a number of genetic experiments escaped and bred in the wild or if there was a mass genetic mutation through a population of wild horses.

And oh yes anyone come up with an idea about what climate changes would cause this sort of evolutionary change.

hey vyrUS, we are not sure if it is in the shape of a horse, all we know is that it has wings and can travel very fast and that's all we know about this creature and we can't make up things about it because it is forbidden.

I think that a creature like pegasus could exist, but only as a mishap of genetics, after all, there are cats with wings.

I never new that ohmy.gif

not a chance in seven hells. oh, by the way, i read the cats with wings didnt really have wings, just mutated and useless apendages in the shoulder area, only wings in the very loosest sense of thw word. saw a picture once too, the wings just looked like furry square things about the size of your palm on the cats shoulders.

hey vyrUS, we are not sure if it is in the shape of a horse, all we know is that it has wings and can travel very fast and that's all we know about this creature and we can't make up things about it because it is forbidden.

Hey Mishari, I remember being quoted to, the hadith where it was described. That is where I got the description from. But Allah knows best.

In Islam there is a being known as the Buraq (bo-rackh) that is similar to Pegasus. It is a being of light, with the body of a horse and the head of a man. This is a heavenly creature that was sent to take our prophet Muhammad (pbuh) to visit heaven. We fully believe in this creature in Islam. It is written that one step of the Buraq is as far as the eye can see. (travels at the speed of light). To us though the being just looks like a ball of light, but if you were so fortunate to see it up close as the Prophet (pbuh) was, then you would be able to see it's definitions.

thats very interesting. you wouldnt happen to have a link, or more information off the top of your head, would you? i find the creatures of islamic lore very interesting. happy.gif

A winged horse.....

Kinda makes you think...

What exactly does he use his wings for?

Perhaps we'll never know....

A winged horse is impossible. No mammal has six limbs. Also, the wings would have to be unusually large to lift a horse, even one that had hollow bones. If a pegasus did exist, it would also have a large breast to hold the wing muscles. It would also be very hard for the creature to fly with its large hindlegs. Perhaps if it only had two legs, and the hindlegs of a horse were in front, then it might be remotely possible.

A winged horse.....

Kinda makes you think...

What exactly does he use his wings for?

Perhaps we'll never know....

i'm gonna guess they're used for flying.