Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Police Hunting Amish Haircutting Gang

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#31    Jim Crow

Jim Crow

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 05:44 PM

Could be worse I understand the victims are terrified, at least they are not taking the shears to other hair growing regions. As interesting as this story is, it would go viral if the ladder happened.

#32    PeacefulAnarchy

PeacefulAnarchy

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 185 posts

• Something's not quite right...

Posted 10 October 2011 - 07:45 PM

View PostAtlantis Rises, on 08 October 2011 - 02:18 PM, said:

For those victims, it must be hair-raising.... *cough*

Oh well, hair today, gone tomorrow...  :ph34r:

“For a century and a half now, America and Japan have formed one of the great and enduring alliances of modern times.”
Tokyo, February 18, 2002 :huh:

#33    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 5,113 posts

• The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
    Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 10 October 2011 - 09:09 PM

The second article mentioned kidnapping... Did I miss something?

'A phantom,' said my Uncle Mycroft, who had just materialised, 'is essentially a heteromorphic wave pattern that gains solidity when the apparition converts thermal energy from the surroundings to visible light. It's a fascinating process and I'm amazed no one has thought of harnessing it - a holographic TV that could operate from the heat given off by an average-size guinea pig.' ~ First Among Sequels, Jasper Fforde

#34    susieice

susieice

December's Child

• 11,087 posts

• "Some say the world will end in fire, some say in ice."
    .....Robert Frost

Posted 11 October 2011 - 12:03 AM

They forced a 74 yr. old man out of his home against his will. That may be the source of the kidnapping charge. It's a renegade group. In the articles, it mentions they were known to the police because one of them had been charged with sexual contact with a minor, though it doesn't say which one. Very unusual for the Amish. This group had been shunned by the community and this is their revenge I guess.

"The universe is full of magical things, patiently waiting for our wits to sharpen."  Eden Phillpotts

Opponere draconem est prehendere vitam

"I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." Arthur C. Clarke

#35    susieice

susieice

December's Child

• 11,087 posts

.....Robert Frost

Posted 11 October 2011 - 03:00 AM

Well, here's their explanation.
http://news.yahoo.co...-232845934.html

"The universe is full of magical things, patiently waiting for our wits to sharpen."  Eden Phillpotts

"I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." Arthur C. Clarke

#36    BiffSplitkins

BiffSplitkins

Vertically Challenged

• 7,145 posts

• We all have a song inside us, it tells us who we are.

'John Doeber' fellow musician

Posted 11 October 2011 - 03:33 PM

When one of the victims was asked to comment on the attacks the only thing he could say was... "A-mish my hair."  :w00t:

"The problem with internet quotes is that you cant always depend on their accuracy" -Abraham Lincoln, 1864

Posted Image

#37    Cryptozological Mascot

Cryptozological Mascot

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts

• “Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.” –Martin Reese, British Astronomer

Posted 11 October 2011 - 06:46 PM

and the leader's name is...*snicker, snicker* "Mullet!  Ah ha ha ha ha!!!

#38    susieice

susieice

December's Child

• 11,087 posts

.....Robert Frost

Posted 12 October 2011 - 12:36 AM

And he looks to be mostly bald!  :wacko:

#39    thalassinus

thalassinus

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 74 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 02:25 AM

quote "The gang's alleged getaway vehicle - a truck and horse trailer"     um......amish dont have trucks....they are not allowed to use modern things, most are not even allowed running water in there homes.....
even the break away amish dont have an inside toilet, and as for cutting a 13 year old girls hair.....men and women do not touch...at all, unless married.

if they were amish....then how the hell do they call themselves that!!!  

thats like me saying im a unicorn.

#40    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,962 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 09 January 2012 - 03:37 AM

View PostRyegrog, on 09 October 2011 - 02:50 AM, said:

I think thay ought to send these Amish to Afghanistan and have them track down the Taliban and cut their beards off. LMAO
Ryegrog  My hat is off and I am making a sweeping bow for the ULTIMATE avatar!   :w00t: :tu: :tu:    

Amish commandos... nah... but if the gang is captured they probably should be sent to gitmo for awhile just to scare the detainees.  Just sayin' :innocent:

Wait, did I hear banjo music? :w00t:

edited cause I can! :yes:

Edited by and then, 09 January 2012 - 03:51 AM.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#41    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 09 January 2012 - 03:42 AM

View PostlibstaK, on 07 October 2011 - 12:30 PM, said:

Yes, I know it's funny, but seriously folks they're terrorising families by breaking into homes in a gang of 20 or more and one victim mentioned is a young girl who had her hair cut off, how odd :hmm: and just plain rotten.

I have to admit, the article has shocked me.. Because from my understanding, the Amish do not engage in any violence or attacks...  I like the Amish, I have  7 hour long documentaries that educates you on their every day lives and I find the Amish very peaceful and interesting folks... Actually I could live like them..IF they allowed TV and computers  lol.. other than that I like them .......

But this is odd... It is like an off shoot Amish gang acting out of character..... like  the  WBC would compared to other Christians ......

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#42    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 6,898 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 09 January 2012 - 10:15 AM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 09 January 2012 - 03:42 AM, said:

I have to admit, the article has shocked me.. Because from my understanding, the Amish do not engage in any violence or attacks...  I like the Amish, I have  7 hour long documentaries that educates you on their every day lives and I find the Amish very peaceful and interesting folks... Actually I could live like them..IF they allowed TV and computers  lol.. other than that I like them .......

But this is odd... It is like an off shoot Amish gang acting out of character..... like  the  WBC would compared to other Christians ......

I agree BM with you and others who have said so - totally out of character, clearly the extreme right wingnuts of the bunch.

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#43    RigDigman

RigDigman

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 15 posts

• "Don't ask what the world is hiding from you. Ask what you are hiding from the world."

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:59 PM

Don Patch and Bo Bo-Bo should get on this.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users