Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Homebrewers

Insanity

Homebrewers  

3 members have voted

1. 1. How long have you been homebrewing?

• 0 to 1 years
    • 1 to 2 years
    • 2 to 5 years
    • 5 to10 years
    • 10+ years
  2. 2. What type of brewing method?

3. 3. What do you brew?

• Ales and Lagers
    • Meads
    • Wines
    • Ciders
    • Other

Interested in seeing whom-else on the site brews their own alcohol beverages, whether it is ales and lagers, meads, ciders, or wines.

There have been perhaps a few threads on this as well, but I believe the most recent post was some years ago.

I've been homebrewing since around 2000 and mostly ales, some lagers and meads, and hopefully start my first cider this weekend.

There is a local homebrew club in which I've been the member for at least 6 years, maybe 7 years. We meet monthly to share homebrews, as well as do presentations on styles or techniques.

I currently have a Blueberry Lager that requires bottling. In addition, I have a fresh batch of a Weizenbock made this past weekend, an Altbier brewed a few weeks ago, and an Pale Ale that probably should be bottled as well.

In bottles or kegs I have an India Pale Lager (much like an IPA, but fermented by a lager yeast), an Oktoberfest, Scottish Ale 70, Roggenbier, English Brown, Imperial Stout, Amber Ale, and several others I would have to go look to see.

Ideally, the brewers here can share tips, recipes, and experiences on homebrewing.

Edited by Insanity
  • Like 1

I have started home brewing a couple months ago. Although I am brewing non alcoholic ginger beer. It's great fun and I enjoy making it. Going to test out a new recipe I thought of on my next batch, just gotta track down some ingredients.

I wish I could participate in this poll. I would be glad to sample any brews shipped to me however :whistle:

• Like 2

I have started home brewing a couple months ago. Although I am brewing non alcoholic ginger beer. It's great fun and I enjoy making it. Going to test out a new recipe I thought of on my next batch, just gotta track down some ingredients.

I've made non-alcoholic ginger and root beer. I'll have to see which brand of extract I was using. I do recall cutting down the amount of sugar for the recipe.

I wish I could participate in this poll. I would be glad to sample any brews shipped to me however :whistle:

I believe it is illegal to ship alcohol by mail, unless the shipper has a license, at least in the US.

That being said, homebrew is shipped often for competitions. I have declared it has 'live yeast samples' and never had an issue.