Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What Dust Orbs Look Like -Video Demonstration

ParaGirlProductions

Hopefully this will help you all know the difference between dust orbs and spiritual orbs xx This is a touchy subject so please no hate, this is just to help people know the difference that is all xx

What Dust Orbs Look Like - Video Demonstration

Edited by ParaGirlProductions
  • Like 2

Haha, "something different and its amazingly paranormal"....all this from the bedroom.

No go outside and take videos in all the other light forms.....you will find that it is all amazingly = still dust. :tu:

• Like 4

No, I'm not going to the video.. - OP, can you please describe the 'difference' in your own words and also how this difference has been verified?

There's just no imagination around here anymore.

But yeah, orbs are just dust/bugs caught on camera, which is why you don't just see them flying by you majestically.

:)

Edited by Jeffertonturner
  • Like 1

No, I'm not going to the video.. - OP, can you please describe the 'difference' in your own words and also how this difference has been verified?

By 3 videos all taken in her bedroom with flash on, bedroom light on.......flash on, bedroom light off, flash off bedroom...............I can not even remember! this has got to be the worse "demonstration" so far.

• Like 3

Hopefully this will help you all know the difference between dust orbs and spiritual orbs xx This is a touchy subject so please no hate, this is just to help people know the difference that is all xx

What Dust Orbs Look Like - Video Demonstration

Where is the comparison between the dust orbs taken in your bedroom and the alleged paranormal orbs?

You can not show one without the other and claim "the other", which you have not shown is amazingly paranormal.

Please note, there is absolutely no hate here and I can not see why you would even think that.

Whether I am a sceptic or not, you need to show the comparison.

• Like 1

Where is the comparison between the dust orbs taken in your bedroom and the alleged paranormal orbs?

You can not show one without the other and claim "the other", which you have not shown is amazingly paranormal.

[...]

Yeap. Not to mention that filming with different camera settings (f-number, particularly), and distance to the dust particle(s) will produce different results.
  • Like 2

By 3 videos all taken in her bedroom with flash on, bedroom light on.......flash on, bedroom light off, flash off bedroom...............I can not even remember! this has got to be the worse "demonstration" so far.

Thanks ^_^ xxx

• Like 1

Thanks ^_^ xxx

I would like to say thanks back, but we really need a comparison video or at least some answers to our questions.

pretty_please.gif

I'm guessing the video doesn't comprehensively cover things like:

Dust on lens..

Dust close to lens..

Dust mid distance..

Dust far..

Rain on lens..

Rain close to lens..

Rain mid distance..

Rain far..

Snow...

Small insect

Large insect

etc, etc, etc

And first with flash, then with overhead light, then with light behind camera.

Then at different shutter speeds, apertures, ISO's, zoom settings as applicable.

OK, that's one camera. Then same all over again for different brands, different models, different camera types... :D

In other words, it would take HUGE amount of effort to demonstrate and collate the results.

Why bother? It is quite easy in most cases to duplicate the effect on a similar camera, and surely that is sufficient evidence to dismiss the orb as mundane. There are a LOT of orb types, and then there are lens flares and other optical/sensor aberrations, which are often lumped in together.

An experienced photographer :st will recognise these.

Now, IF you or someone else has something that doesn't have the characteristics of an explainable (OOF) out-of-focus blob or flare, please post it for analysis and comparison.

OP, you haven't clarified the very obvious question - are you saying that some orbs are paranormal?

If so, please post here a couple of your very best examples along with your reasoning, and let's see how it unfolds...

• Like 4

I agree with the others, I was highly anticipating the evidence demonstrating what actual "orbs" looked like lol

but there was no such thing......a little misleading is all i'm saying. no big deal.

That being said, it helped me a lot with debunking wether or not my video was that of dust. Thx

Hopefully this will help you all know the difference between dust orbs and spiritual orbs

Nice try, but the difference is already known: dust orbs do exist, "spiritual orbs" not.

</thread>

• Like 2

So, when do people start believing in rods again?

Sigh...

• Like 1

I think I must have been about three years old when I pointed to dust flying about in the air and said to my mother look mum Faeries.

Since then I have found that good and thorough vacuum keeps the "Faery" population to a minimum.

It also helps with people who have allergies to pollen Faeries too.

• Like 2

I think I must have been about three years old when I pointed to dust flying about in the air and said to my mother look mum Faeries.

Since then I have found that good and thorough vacuum keeps the "Faery" population to a minimum.

It also helps with people who have allergies to pollen Faeries too.

So, what you're claiming is genocide against faeries using a vacuum sweeper? Is that it?

• Like 1

All orbs are dust, bugs, etc.

This whole orb obsession is like the flying rods all over again.

You mean flying rods aren't real? I have been lied to. :cry:

• Like 1

5 days hath now passed.. seems the Op may be more interested in getting hits to her spammed YT channel than discussing..

• Like 1

All orbs are dust, bugs, etc.

This whole orb obsession is like the flying rods all over again.

In the vast majority of cases yes, but in all I am not so sure.

I've read some fascinating accounts of people seeing strange colored orbs with their own eyes while 'ghost hunting', which made me reconsider my position.

There is in fact a thread about this here on the Unexplained-Mysteries forum: http://www.unexplain...howtopic=244757

Edited by Sam.

In the vast majority of cases yes, but in all I am not so sure.

I've read some fascinating accounts of people seeing strange colored orbs with their own eyes while 'ghost hunting', which made me reconsider my position.

There is in fact a thread about this here on the Unexplained-Mysteries forum: http://www.unexplain...howtopic=244757

Given that eyes have some significant similarities with camera lenses, and out of focus objects can affect them in the same way (although in that case it is more likely the blur-blob would have to be back or sidelit)... *plus* lens flares also apply.. then one would have to ask what defines an 'unexplainable' one? As a simple example, have you never walked in the rain at night and seen what happens as small drops hit your eyes?

Indeed, I thought this thread was going to contain a discussion on the supposed 'differences', rather than be a vessel for the OP to promote her video channel.

The problem is that you cannot validate what you see unless others share it and capture it in some way, and it has to be said that those who are 'ghost hunting' just might have some biases or even a desire to pretend/exaggerate/troll .. er.. just like the rest of us!

• Like 2

People can see orbs because of eye conditions, self-created hallucinations, or it's just dust. I do wonder from time to time that orbs might be a natural phenomenon. Maybe some form of low level ball lightening perhaps.

• 2 months later...

Please check out this video:

Infrared camera out of town

Mountainous area about 1000 meters altitude

Temperature: - 6 ° C

http://enigmatic-world.com/?post_type=videogallery&p=142

<embed src="http://enigmatic-world.com/wp-content/plugins/contus-video-gallery/hdflvplayer/hdplayer.swf" flashvars="baserefW=http://enigmatic-world.com&vid=17&shareIcon=false&email=false&showPlaylist=false&zoomIcon=false&copylink=http://enigmatic-world.com/?videogallery=2015-12-16-my-ethereal-friends&embedplayer=true" width="980" height="553" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent">

Please check out this video

Why? This is a discussion forum, and you have posted a very odd looking link and a pile of broken code. That's not a great way to start your career at UM, but welcome anyway. Hopefully your next post might be better.. As for this one....no, I will not be going there.

Sorry

I am not an IT expert - I have no idea why video is not attached.

I might have messed something, though simply I copied a code.

Thanks for understanding