Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 2 votes

Man found dead standing up in his kitchen....

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#31    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 10,495 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 25 December 2012 - 05:55 PM

View Postufonuts, on 25 December 2012 - 10:28 AM, said:

What a way to go, that is so freakin strange indeed. What are the chances of that? I bet ya Aliens gave him the old death ray!

Maybe he was waiting on aliens who promised to take him to their planet but, alas... they stood him up.  :(

#32    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,465 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 25 December 2012 - 07:30 PM

When its your time to go there is no need to sit down for it.  Just continue on until it stops you in your tracks.

#33    Annie122607

Annie122607

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 07:55 PM

Iknew of a man who did die standing up next to his counter, the police came in said hi to him ask him what was going on expecting a conversation couldn't because he was you guessed it he was dead small town cops.

#34    Idano

Idano

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 225 posts

• If life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party.
    Ron White

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:23 PM

A man died in the kitchen, has to be a first

What could possibly go wrong?

#35    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 10,229 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:26 PM

View PostIdano, on 30 December 2012 - 11:23 PM, said:

A man died in the kitchen, has to be a first

:w00t: .. Yeh but in fairness he was reaching into a cupboard for his beer...

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#36    Erudite Celt

Erudite Celt

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:02 AM

View PostEll, on 25 December 2012 - 03:02 AM, said:

I once found a young man standing up dead - on one leg.

I was waiting on a bus at the intercity bus station at Amsterdam Central Station a number (8?) of years ago. It was winter and it was cold and it was an afternoon. I noticed someone standing about five meters away, leaning on the upper bar of a railing and looking at the water in the canal below. I did not think anything about it. Time passed. People arrived, got on busses and left. Then I noticed that this person had not moved. He was still in the same position, leaning with his chest on the upper bar of the fence. I started to pay attention. He still did not move. Then I approached him, studied him, spoke to him. He did neither respond nor react. Though both feet touched the ground, he was actually standing on his left foot only. I started to feel creeped out. I touched him. No response. His eyes were open, looking at the water below. I touched him more strongly, felt his backbone. Still no response. Other people started to pay attention. A bus came in. I alerted the driver. I told him that I thought that the young man was dead. He closed and took out his money tray, and got out of the bus and approached, spoke to and studied and touched the young man. My bus came in and I got on, so I do not know what else occurred - but I do am convinced that that young man, who had been standing there on one leg in plain view for who knows how long while countless people passed him by as they waited and got on or off their busses, had been very dead during all that time, maybe even since the previous night.
They passed him by not knowing he was dead. You however left him knowing that either he was ill or dead!!! If he were alive he may have been having a TIA or an Absence seizure eyelid myoclonia is common with both. But how,how could you leave him???

#37    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 10,229 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:04 PM

View PostErudite Celt, on 24 January 2013 - 07:02 AM, said:

They passed him by not knowing he was dead. You however left him knowing that either he was ill or dead!!! If he were alive he may have been having a TIA or an Absence seizure eyelid myoclonia is common with both. But how,how could you leave him???

well if that had been south London, someone would have took his necklace, watch, wallet and any other valuables, and left him standing...Ive seen it happen even on drunks

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#38    Erowin

Erowin

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 489 posts

• This is incredibly silly!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:50 PM

View PostErudite Celt, on 24 January 2013 - 07:02 AM, said:

They said they alerted the bus driver, who presumably stayed and called 911 or something. I'm assuming they left on a different bus though. I can't imagine the driver just going back his rounds without calling it in.

Recent blog entries on this topic

Photo

By ufonuts in I believe, on 25 December 2012 - 10:29 AM

View Postufonuts, on 25 December 2012 - 10:28 AM, said:

What a way to go, that is so freakin strange indeed. What are the chances of that? I bet ya Aliens gave him the old death ray!

Source:...

Read Full Entry →

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users