Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Child is seeing ghosts

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#31    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 12:43 PM

View PostR4z3rsPar4d0x, on 28 December 2012 - 11:53 PM, said:

Speaking of horrible dreams it seems like everytime I get into REM sleep the nightmares come and Im talking baaaad
Really ?
Well sometimes,a dream is just a dream ,and life stresses can cause bad dreams .
What happens in them ...is there a recurring theme ?

Miss me?

#32    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

“What’s wrong with accepting madness?

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 29 December 2012 - 06:42 PM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 29 December 2012 - 12:43 PM, said:

Really ?
Well sometimes,a dream is just a dream ,and life stresses can cause bad dreams .
What happens in them ...is there a recurring theme ?
Yeah basically the worlds ending, and Im dying in some horrible way there very vivid though to the point where Iv waken up in cold sweats, some of them are recurring.
Not to mention I dont sleep well as it is, Ill go nights without sleep sometimes

Edited by R4z3rsPar4d0x, 29 December 2012 - 06:43 PM.

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#33    Ryu

Ryu

Born to fail.

• 3,879 posts

• I am becoming increasing allergic to B.S

Posted 29 December 2012 - 09:35 PM

View PostRedefining Success, on 28 December 2012 - 09:02 AM, said:

People will always call what they cannot explain FAKE.

The only person who will know its genuine is you and the people who were with you at the time.

Experience is not synonymous with "real". All it means is just that, an "experience".

What is the kid being exposed to at home and school? At that age their undeveloped minds can twist anything, even the most mundane things, into something horrible.
Looking closely at what he is seeing and heating in real life, from a common show on animals to a glimpse of a story of some kind might offer real life clues.

All I am saying is maybe real life and reality should be closely examined instead of jumping on the "paranormal" and "he can talk to ghosties" bandwagon.

Don't forget, if he child is hearing anything that conveys he is seeing something special, he is likely to play on that, as that is what kids do. Also if you keep pressing the issue on what he is supposedly seeing then he will make up something in order to please others.
Could be something, could be nothing. Don't get too wrapped up in the paranormal at the expense of a potentially serious and real life issue.

#34    JGirl

JGirl

Pajama Goddess

• 9,016 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 10:12 PM

i'm always very skeptical of these type of stories.
if this were my kid i would be getting to the bottom of it, not just casually warning my new boyfriend of it. really.
if it really is happening, get this kid to a doctor that will take it seriously, because it's more likely there is a medical or psycological problem (such a schizophrenia) than that this kid is interacting with ghosts.
or you could just tell the story on the internet for entertainment purposes...

#35    Curious76

Curious76

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 10:35 PM

Sounds interesting. Would be cool to get something on video. Definitely let us know if anything is captured.

#36    Judeaous

Judeaous

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 186 posts

• Your mind will never "play tricks" on you. Ghosts will....

Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:51 PM

View PostR4z3rsPar4d0x, on 28 December 2012 - 04:31 PM, said:

Iv heard that demons give off a rotten smell, to alert when there in there area. Not sure if the demon is intentionally giving off the smell, but very interesting

Today's paranormal researchers err....by clinging to the skirts of science, who's naturalistic viewpoint CAN NEVER allow for the bearing of any fruit.
Not unlike studying the fundamentals of American Democracy, by referencing MEIN KOMPF.

#37    Judeaous

Judeaous

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 186 posts

• Your mind will never "play tricks" on you. Ghosts will....

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:08 AM

Ahh yes, the stench of the evil dead!!!   Documented in the psych. Texts as fact!!!  (Only they call it a symptom of hysteria).....  Aka spiritual ATTACK!!!  The infected can actually smell the invading Demon / Spirit / Ghost..., what ever it is that's entagonizing the parinoia by showing them images.  the shrinks call them "hallucinations.".  That's when the anti-psychotics are prescribed, temporarily  blocking the demon, but causing eventual madness!!!   Fear the shrink!!
Not the ghosts.  No fear or attention, they get bored and go away.

Today's paranormal researchers err....by clinging to the skirts of science, who's naturalistic viewpoint CAN NEVER allow for the bearing of any fruit.
Not unlike studying the fundamentals of American Democracy, by referencing MEIN KOMPF.

#38    Redefining Success

Redefining Success

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 470 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 03:17 AM

View PostJudeaous, on 30 December 2012 - 12:08 AM, said:

Ahh yes, the stench of the evil dead!!!  

PAH! nothing compared to my feet.

If what I type offends you, don't see it as an attack, but as my opinion.

#39    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 7,345 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 03:28 PM

Sounds like a fairly typical 3 year old to me.

In fact, if he weren't doing these things, I'd be concerned.

"For me, it is better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."
                                                                                                                                           - Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World:  Science as a Candle in the Dark

#40    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

“What’s wrong with accepting madness?

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 01 January 2013 - 06:58 PM

View PostJGirl, on 29 December 2012 - 10:12 PM, said:

i'm always very skeptical of these type of stories.
if this were my kid i would be getting to the bottom of it, not just casually warning my new boyfriend of it. really.
if it really is happening, get this kid to a doctor that will take it seriously, because it's more likely there is a medical or psycological problem (such a schizophrenia) than that this kid is interacting with ghosts.
or you could just tell the story on the internet for entertainment purposes...
I wasnt aware that schizophrenia showed its signs at such an early age

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#41    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:22 AM

View PostR4z3rsPar4d0x, on 29 December 2012 - 06:42 PM, said:

Yeah basically the worlds ending, and Im dying in some horrible way there very vivid though to the point where Iv waken up in cold sweats, some of them are recurring.
Not to mention I dont sleep well as it is, Ill go nights without sleep sometimes
Missed this post. Sorry.
Hmm,well my world ending dreams always prophesied a coming event ,and people do die .
I don't always understand the dream,until the event occurs .
The fact you don't sleep well,makes me think you have an emotional component going on .
Do any of them ever come to pass in real life?
I'm thinking no for you ,which means you need to relax ,big time .

Miss me?

#42    JGirl

JGirl

Pajama Goddess

• 9,016 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:47 AM

View PostR4z3rsPar4d0x, on 01 January 2013 - 06:58 PM, said:

I wasnt aware that schizophrenia showed its signs at such an early age
actually i think its early teens - i was using that as an example

#43    lone wolf2

lone wolf2

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 138 posts

• Kik messenger id is lonewolf2. Hit me up some time.

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:53 AM

Sounds like he is a medium.   If that is true Psychologists are not going to be able to help him.   I wouldn't.  Do anything to get rid of the grand parents.  Perhaps having your house cleansed and blessed might be a good idea to keep the bad ones out

#44    Amalthe

Amalthe

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:22 AM

To be honest, i think that your GF is the cause of this situation, not her kid. Try talking to her and see how she ended up with the kid alone. I believe there are a lot of unresolved emotions that you probably could release in her.
And about the kid, he seem to have makings of greatness in him, so in long term, he should be properly raised in order to build his spirit and selfesteem. He should be cared for and loved so he can learn how to counter fear with good emotions.
Later, you should rutinely ask him on his opinions and listen to his wishes that you should try to fulfill. That can build him into person who will command spirits if called upon. But be reasonable, you don't want to end up with little whinny dictator. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users