Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Firefighter captures "ghost" on camera

Use your brain

Well I saw this, and I have to say it is quite weird and I thought it would be worth a post. I'm throwing this one to the wolves, let's see what you guys think. This is my first thread on UM so I hope I set everything up right and you guys enjoy it. Also they are just pictures that the site I have linked turned into a video.

http://www.examiner....se-fire-indiana

k3m1sn.jpg

A firefighter may have captured proof of the paranormal after he took some photos of a burning house. When he posted the images on his Facebook page, his wife noticed a strange shadowy figure engulfed in flames in one of the windows of the home.

Edited by Still Waters
Reduced amount of copied text - please avoid copy and pasting entire web pages or articles. The rest can be viewed in the source link.

Very interesting, thanks.

I have tried my hardest, but I can't see anything but a figure in that window.

• Like 3

Very interesting, thanks.

I have tried my hardest, but I can't see anything but a figure in that window.

There is a video on the link that I provided, I'm just not sure how to link the video straight to this page.

Here comes the P word.

I think this could be one of those cases like the "face" on the moon, or the mars "pyramid", but you have to admit that is pretty creepy :yes:

Firefighter Douglas Tipold was called to a house fire in Gary, Indiana and when he arrived he took some photos of the property. As Tipold was waiting for his partners to unravel a hose he snapped a few shots of the burning house with the camera on his cell phone to document the scene. Later that night Tipold's wife Donna noticed something strange in one of the photos after he posted it to his Facebook page

Is that what firefighters do now? Takes photos, develop them that same day and then post them on face book?

ps: photoshop! :tu: This beats the bigfoot teepee thread for utter BS.

• Like 2

Firefighter Douglas Tipold was called to a house fire in Gary, Indiana and when he arrived he took some photos of the property. As Tipold was waiting for his partners to unravel a hose he snapped a few shots of the burning house with the camera on his cell phone to document the scene. Later that night Tipold's wife Donna noticed something strange in one of the photos after he posted it to his Facebook page

Is that what firefighters do now? Takes photos, develop them that same day and then post them on face book?

ps: photoshop! :tu: This beats the bigfoot teepee thread for utter BS.

You don't have to develop photos taken from a phone, and also I think this guy has more to lose than gain by doing something like photoshoping pictures of a scene he is working.

• Like 1

Yeah, that smoke looks awfully real.

Yea I was thinking the same thing, I googled some pictures of house fires and found a few where the smoke looked a little off too. Still not 100% on that though, it does look a little sketchy

Sorry if this house belonged to someone here by the way.

2us97no.jpg

Why was he uploading pictures of some poor persons house as it burns to the ground to FAiLb00K?

Is he that desperate for "Likes"

• Like 1

You don't have to develop photos taken from a phone, and also I think this guy has more to lose than gain by doing something like photoshoping pictures of a scene he is working.

I just think it strange that the firefighter was taking pics on his phone then posting them on facebook that same day.

Also strange that he did not notice it when he posted it, but his girlfriend did later. So for him to have taken them to "document" the scene, why did HE not notice it?

Just want to know, maybe its ok to do there, but is this normal practice on how firefighters document a scene? by taking photos on their phone then posting them on their own facebook page that same day?

And yes, the smoke does look pretty iffy.

Edited by freetoroam
  • Like 2

To be fair, I can spot Nixon's smiling fat face in the smoke and I can see Jimmy Carter in the tunnel of shadows in the bottom left hand side of the photo.

To be fair, I can spot Nixon's smiling fat face in the smoke and I can see Jimmy Carter in the tunnel of shadows in the bottom left hand side of the photo.

And i can see Patrick Swayze and Keanu Reeves "I AM AN FBI AGENT" :P

I just think it strange that the firefighter was taking pics on his phone then posting them on facebook that same day.

Also strange that he did not notice it when he posted it, but his girlfriend did later. So for him to have taken them to "document" the scene, why did HE not notice it?

Just want to know, maybe its ok to do there, but is this normal practice on how firefighters document a scene? by taking photos on their phone then posting them on their own facebook page that same day?

And yes, the smoke does look pretty iffy.

I doubt he was really trying to "document" the scene, if this is real he probably posted it up and didn't realize the amount of attention that this would draw. So instead of saying that he was just taking pictures to show his friends and family, of course he had to say that he was taking the pictures just to document the call.

Edited by Use your brain

So he wasn't a Fire Fighter, he was a photographer.If Firemen in the U.K did this they would be "on the dole" the next day. B.T.W. did the ghost survive and did he rescue it......Urgh.

• Like 1

So he wasn't a Fire Fighter, he was a photographer.If Firemen in the U.K did this they would be "on the dole" the next day. B.T.W. did the ghost survive and did he rescue it......Urgh.

Look we don't know this guy, but if he is a firefighter then I can guarantee you that he would risk his life to pull your unconscious body out of a fire. So be a little nicer to these people who save lives and barely make enough money to pay the bills huh :no:

Edited by Use your brain

Did he ask permission of the homeowner before posting images of their house to FAiLb00K?

• Like 1

Did he ask permission of the homeowner before posting images of their house to FAiLb00K?

I'm guessing they are more concerned with um BEING ALIVE then worrying about if their house got posted to facebook. Good God stop worrying about things like that, it's not like it was your house... and even if it was, and those guys came and did their best to save you what kind of person would try to get them in trouble after that. They could just let you burn.

Look we don't know this guy, but if he is a firefighter then I can guarantee you that he would risk his life to pull your unconscious body out of a fire. So be a little nicer to these people who save lives and barely make enough money to pay the bills huh :no:

"IF he is a Fire fighter, you just said", our guys would rescue you first then take pictures .
  • Like 1

"IF he is a Fire fighter, you just said", our guys would rescue you first then take pictures .

Obviously they knew no one was in the house, use some common sense please. Also I said "if he is a firefighter" because it's not like I know this guy personally.

My common sense tells me that this guy would be part of a team who wouldn't be standing around waiting for him to take pictures, while they put out the fire,every Fireman is allotted a task when they arrive at a fire ,and its not taking pictures , so try posting something plausible next time.

• Like 1

I'm guessing they are more concerned with um BEING ALIVE then worrying about if their house got posted to facebook. Good God stop worrying about things like that, it's not like it was your house... and even if it was, and those guys came and did their best to save you what kind of person would try to get them in trouble after that. They could just let you burn.

Or i could just get myself and my family out

I would be pretty p***ed if a firefighter started taking pictures of all my worldy possesions going up in flames!

I can hear him now, "Oh wow! Gotta get some pics to put on FAiLb00k"

How about he just does his job, you know, by putting out the fire?

He's getting paid, guy is lucky to have a job, at least do it properly.

• Like 2

My common sense tells me that this guy would be part of a team who wouldn't be standing around waiting for him to take pictures, while they put out the fire,every Fireman is allotted a task when they arrive at a fire ,and its not taking pictures , so try posting something plausible next time.

Thank you for showing everyone that you have never been to a house fire. While they are getting the gear ready he would definatly have the 10 seconds it takes to take a few pictures.

Or i could just get myself and my family out

I would be pretty p***ed if a firefighter started taking pictures of all my worldy possesions going up in flames!

I can hear him now, "Oh wow! Gotta get some pics to put on FAiLb00k"

How about he just does his job, you know, by putting out the fire?

He's getting paid, guy is lucky to have a job, at least do it properly.

Yes the 10 seconds it takes to take a few pictures is outright obsurd, this man should be put on trial and probably executed. Just stick to the forums and let them do their jobs ok? I'm pretty sure they didn't just let the house burn to the ground, he says he took these while they were getting the hoses unravled so just chill :tu:

Edit: It's going to be pretty funny when karma bites you in the butt one day, and a fireman saves your life. Be sure to tell him how to do his job after, and that he better not have taken pictures

Edited by Use your brain

A firefighter would have done his job, fighting the "fire" instead of snapping pictures for Facebook. Regardless if he caught "something" or not, if he was a firefighter, he should have been acting like one. If not, then there shouldn't be a claim that he was one.

Anyway, to the actual point...the flames and smoke looked photoshopped, and I really don't see a figure in the fire.

Edited by Hida Akechi
  • Like 1